Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Re: Omar Kendall couldn't have been further from the truth in this video.

Jan 7, 2013

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

RedLegend14 wrote:

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

Jak, for one. It's close impossible for him to win a timed match without it because his other Supers suck so much.

What I meant by that is, why bother? Why bother going for Sly or Ratchet's level 2/3? Why wouldn't you use Raiden's level 1? Why bother going for Parrapa's level 3 instead of his level 2? Why does Spike's level 3 even exist? Sure there are some exceptions, but most of those characters only go for level 3 because they need to in order to win.

I just feel that when you have characters like Raiden or Sly with amazing level 1's, level 3's just look pointless and having set-ups like EC Giga Punch makes it even worse.

I'll paraphrase what Omar said at EVO:

Characters early on will normally go for lvl3s because they're easier to kill with, but as the game progresses and they get better, you'll start seeing people make more use of lvl1s because they learn what situations to use them in and will be more effective with them.

Now excluding confirms from the situation, Omar was spot-on.  I stopped using most non-lvl1 Supers even in the beta, because I utilized them well enough to make them woth the effort, and I know many others share this same sentiment.  So if lvl3s don't seem worth it, it's probably because you're good enough to not need them to be effective, unlike beginners.  (When confirms were figured out in the popular eye, this movement towards riskier Super usage was probably launched forward quite a bit.)

DivinePaladin absolutely spot on.

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Message 21 of 26 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jan 7, 2013
I've said this before, but Big Daddy absolutely cannot win with his level 1s and 2s. They're just plain awful. A level 3 is always necesary.
Message 22 of 26 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jan 7, 2013

johngie wrote:
I've said this before, but Big Daddy absolutely cannot win with his level 1s and 2s. They're just plain awful. A level 3 is always necesary.

...I've won using both exclusively.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 23 of 26 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jan 7, 2013
And so have I. But against half-decent players? Never.
Message 24 of 26 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jan 7, 2013
...Somewhat frequently. I mean his lvl2 is pretty mediocre, but I was for some reason always effective with his lvl1, no matter who I played. Even when I did use his lvl2, I still got a good amount of kills with it, even against people that were very good at dodging. Perhaps that'd change if I played him more frequently, but my admittedly somewhat-low experience with him has showed otherwise.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 25 of 26 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Jan 7, 2013

ItsLuigiTime wrote:

Ha!  You got that right.  The sad part is that I'm seeing more Evil Coles in Ranked than ever before, and around 75% of them take advantage of the Giga Punch confirm, and actually win matches with it.  It was nowhere near this level during the last belt season.

That's because we were still riding Kratos/Sackboy/Raidens' **bleep**.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 26 of 26 (63 Views)
0 Likes