Survivor
2456 posts

Re: Omar Kendall couldn't have been further from the truth in this video.

Jan 7, 2013
evil coles level 3 isn't even that great of a level 3, its very short compared to most like it, like Jaks and dantes..
Message 11 of 26 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Jan 7, 2013

RedLegend14 wrote:

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

TrashCrap wrote:
At least he recognized the setup. Should serve a reminder to us players that we can argue all we want, but we are not better at game design than the devs

Don't act as if game designers are infallible. They're human and make mistakes just like anybody else. Otherwise patches and updates wouldn't even exist.

If anything this video should prove this. Omar thought Evil Coles would focus on Level 3's? I haven't met a single Evil Cole online using his Level 3; they just abuse the hit confirm into Level 1. Even though Omar acknowledged the confirm, it sounds like SuperBot clearly underestimated its potential to be spammed by this community.

Besides Kratos, who even uses level 3s anymore?

I use Spike's Level 3 all the time.  .__.

Message 12 of 26 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2446 posts

Jan 7, 2013

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

Jak, for one. It's close impossible for him to win a timed match without it because his other Supers suck so much.

What I meant by that is, why bother? Why bother going for Sly or Ratchet's level 2/3? Why wouldn't you use Raiden's level 1? Why bother going for Parrapa's level 3 instead of his level 2? Why does Spike's level 3 even exist? Sure there are some exceptions, but most of those characters only go for level 3 because they need to in order to win.

I just feel that when you have characters like Raiden or Sly with amazing level 1's, level 3's just look pointless and having set-ups like EC Giga Punch makes it even worse.

Message 13 of 26 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jan 7, 2013

I use PaRappa's lvl 3 almost every match... And Toro's. I feel almighty when I use it.

If u have a mic and would like to fight with or against me, add me!
Message 14 of 26 (175 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Jan 7, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:
evil coles level 3 isn't even that great of a level 3, its very short compared to most like it, like Jaks and dantes..

It's actually great! If you use circle it slows down and prevents people from dodging and jumping.

Message 15 of 26 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1783 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2013

Well I'll totally agree that Level 3's make no sense for some characters.

Like Parappa. His Level 2 is deadly and pretty much guarantees 3 kills. So I just don't see a point in going for his Level 3. Same with Heihachi; deadly Level 2 that can get you even more than 3 kills. Makes a lot more sense to just stack 2 Level 2's in a row instead of going for the full Level 3. SuperBot should probably address that.

But even for characters with strong Level 1's, Level 3's still make plenty of sense. If I'm in a timed match and I'm really good at fighting and building meter, why should I settle for a Level 1? Sure it's powerful, but it can still be interrupted and can't counter other supers. And generally speaking, Level 1's are still harder to land than Level 3's. So I can either get six easy kills with one Level 3, or 6 hard kills with 2 Level 1's. What's the better option? If I'm really good at combat, I should go for the Level 3.

Message 16 of 26 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4404 posts

Jan 7, 2013

King_Cobra97 wrote:

GnomeWizard wrote:

It's actually great! If you use circle it slows down and prevents people from dodging and jumping.

My brother says it's not worth the chore unless he's in Dojo. The time is short, and the circle waste a fair amount of it, so I wouldn't bet on it. The horizontal blasts are too slow or aren't even stable (falling as time passed on). Maybe If he can make a vertical "laser beam", then why can't he make a horizantal one as well? Or we can make it faster and larger.

As Parappa user, I like to show off and play the music when I used lv. 3. Sometime it's necessary when I think I can't reach tough opponents due to the crowd or the stage.

Sly's lv.2 sucks, btw.

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 17 of 26 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
435 posts

Jan 7, 2013

I use Nariko's level 3 Smiley Very Happy I think its impossible to not be beast with it!

Message 18 of 26 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jan 7, 2013

RedLegend14 wrote:

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

Jak, for one. It's close impossible for him to win a timed match without it because his other Supers suck so much.

What I meant by that is, why bother? Why bother going for Sly or Ratchet's level 2/3? Why wouldn't you use Raiden's level 1? Why bother going for Parrapa's level 3 instead of his level 2? Why does Spike's level 3 even exist? Sure there are some exceptions, but most of those characters only go for level 3 because they need to in order to win.

I just feel that when you have characters like Raiden or Sly with amazing level 1's, level 3's just look pointless and having set-ups like EC Giga Punch makes it even worse.

I'll paraphrase what Omar said at EVO:

Characters early on will normally go for lvl3s because they're easier to kill with, but as the game progresses and they get better, you'll start seeing people make more use of lvl1s because they learn what situations to use them in and will be more effective with them.

Now excluding confirms from the situation, Omar was spot-on.  I stopped using most non-lvl1 Supers even in the beta, because I utilized them well enough to make them woth the effort, and I know many others share this same sentiment.  So if lvl3s don't seem worth it, it's probably because you're good enough to not need them to be effective, unlike beginners.  (When confirms were figured out in the popular eye, this movement towards riskier Super usage was probably launched forward quite a bit.)

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 19 of 26 (105 Views)
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Jan 7, 2013

RedLegend14 wrote:

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

TrashCrap wrote:
At least he recognized the setup. Should serve a reminder to us players that we can argue all we want, but we are not better at game design than the devs

Don't act as if game designers are infallible. They're human and make mistakes just like anybody else. Otherwise patches and updates wouldn't even exist.

If anything this video should prove this. Omar thought Evil Coles would focus on Level 3's? I haven't met a single Evil Cole online using his Level 3; they just abuse the hit confirm into Level 1. Even though Omar acknowledged the confirm, it sounds like SuperBot clearly underestimated its potential to be spammed by this community.

Almost every match I use Jak (my main), I tirelessly try in vain to reach Level 3, only to not quite reach it, and end up throwing out a pathetic attempt at a desperation Level 2 near the end Smiley Sad

Message 20 of 26 (100 Views)
0 Likes