Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
448 posts

Re: Old Snake got rejected from the roster (video)

Nov 20, 2012

Messed up, I meant "said No"

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 36 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1408 posts

Nov 20, 2012

LMAO I JUST LOST IT

"Cry More"

photo newcolesigtest_zps63cc5eb3.png
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 36 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Nov 25, 2012

All so very true... and yes Konami, crying more is bullsh*t!  And denying him just because he was in SSB is even more so.

BRING BACK SNAKE!!!  Simple 3 costume set:  Old Snake (Default), Young Snake (classic sneaking suit), and Big Boss (Eyepatch and MSF Sneaking suit/uniform... i cant choose wich) 

Seriously, even if it was like five maybe ten bucks i'd be buying that DLC.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 36 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1739 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2012

Wow, Snake was Rejected? oO 

I understand why he was, but... 

They based Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal off a Comercial featuring all the Characters for this Game, & Snake was in the Comercial, & now he's being Rejected... thats just sad, :[ 

If it weren't for that Comercial about Michel playing PS3, & all the Live Actors Cosplaying as the Characters, there wouldn't be an All-Stars Game at all... & Snake needs to be in this, ~_~ 

Although, I understand if NES wants Snake for Super Smash Brothers instead, because Snake was indeed originally on NES after all... So it does make sense... ~_~ 

But replacing him with Raiden who clearly doesn't represent Metal Gear Solid at all, is kind of a joke, because hes more of an Ninja / Assassin, & Metal Gear was never about Ninjas at all... :[ 

Anyone agree? 

Without Snake, they should of just left Metal Gear Solid out of All-Stars, all together... No? 

P. S.: Old Snake? Technically, I consider the Metal Gear for NES the Old Snake, not MG Solid 1...

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 36 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2012

To clarify:  "Old Snake" does not refer to the chronological period from which the appearance comes, rather his age.  As in "Snake is now an old man" Old Snake.   "Classic" or "Retro" would be the best terms for original format Snake, given the circumstances.

Humerously, he still looks like his 2d picture, just with better details.

And yes, Snake did start with nintendo (Famicom technically, before it came to the nes stateside), however it was MGS1 that popularized the series.  Many MG fans today didn't realize there WAS metal gear before the ps1, at least until the collecters edition of MGS3 (had both MG1 and 2, and yes they are on the HD collection as well.)

I DO feel however that if they add icons ect for DLC chars, they should have some of the retro images as well as some for MGS series.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 36 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Nov 27, 2012

GreenWolfKnight wrote:

To clarify:  "Old Snake" does not refer to the chronological period from which the appearance comes, rather his age.  As in "Snake is now an old man".   "Classic" or "Retro" would be the best terms for original format Snake, given the circumstances.

Humerously, he still looks like his 2d picture, just with better details.

And yes, Snake did start with nintendo (Famicom technically, before it came to the nes stateside), however it was MGS1 that popularized the series.  Many MG fans today didn't realize there WAS metal gear before the ps1, at least until the collecters edition of MGS3 (had both MG1 and 2, and yes they are on the HD collection as well.)

The original metal gears were on the MSX2 computer system in Japan. Only the first Metal Gear game got ported to the NES and Kojima didn't like the port and in MGS3 subsistence and the MGS HD collection it is the MSX2 version. Also, I agree to the guy that Raiden doesn't represent MGS. MGS is about stealth and guns. The only times ninjas come on the fray is to help out the main character or be a boss. This is the only metal gear game where you play as a ninja out of like nine games so far.

Solid Snake/ Big Boss for PSASBR

I make it rain with Kudos

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 36 (70 Views)
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Nov 27, 2012
Touche

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 36 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Nov 28, 2012

To you people crying "Well Raiden is in so why wasn't Snake picked instead", let me say this - I doubt Hideo Kojima went into Superbot and begged to have his character in All-Stars the same way he did with Nintendo and Snake. Unless something changes where they won't use Snake again in Smash Bros, I doubt All-Stars will have any MGS rep other than Raiden.

Plus, don't we already have enough characters that focus with guns (Drake, Jak, Ratchet, Radec, and Dante to an extent)? Not to mention Emmet Graves will probably use guns. Are we trying to make a crossover FPS here, or a 4 player brawler?

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 36 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Nov 28, 2012

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

To you people crying "Well Raiden is in so why wasn't Snake picked instead", let me say this - I doubt Hideo Kojima went into Superbot and begged to have his character in All-Stars the same way he did with Nintendo and Snake. Unless something changes where they won't use Snake again in Smash Bros, I doubt All-Stars will have any MGS rep other than Raiden.

Plus, don't we already have enough characters that focus with guns (Drake, Jak, Ratchet, Radec, and Dante to an extent)? Not to mention Emmet Graves will probably use guns. Are we trying to make a crossover FPS here, or a 4 player brawler?

So we should throw out players who helped shape playstation just because they use guns? That doesn't sound right. Superbot is a group of college educated fighting game people I think they could figure something out. Good first point though.

Solid Snake/ Big Boss for PSASBR

I make it rain with Kudos

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 36 (54 Views)
Wastelander
690 posts

Nov 28, 2012

fontbonne wrote:

It truly is a shame he isn't in the game. He represents the MGS series a trillion times bettter than Raiden. Mgs is about stealth and guns the only time a ninja is in it is when it is a boss fight/supporting character. Either they couldn't get the rights from Konami or they weren't intelligent enough to think of a moveset but I doubt that.

Duh, of course Snake represents MGS better than Raiden, but Raiden doesn't represent MGS, he represents MGR.

Metal Gear Solid: a series defined as "Tactical Espionage Action"

Metal Gear Rising: a new series defined as "Lightning Bolt Action"

Why don't people get this? I'd love Snake in as much as the next guy, but at least I understand that Raiden is supposed to represent his own new fast action series, not Snake's still going stealth series.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 36 (48 Views)
0 Likes