Highlighted
Nov 15 2012
By: cj5293 Lombax Warrior 214 posts

Old Dante DLC

11 replies 759 views Edited Nov 15, 2012

Im willing to bet that Capcom did not let Superbot have old dante as an alternate costume as Capcom knew that everyone wanted old dante. Instead they gave new dante coat, singlet and shirtless alts and are probably going to charge us $10 for an old dante alt for dlc. 

Please Respond
Message 1 of 12 (759 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Re: Old Dante DLC

Nov 15, 2012

I fear this can actually happen. And anyway if this happens, it's both Capcom and Superbot fault. Stop with this "Superbot has no decisional power" **bleep**. If they can't be blamed for anything, then they don't even have merit for nothing. They're nothing.

Message 2 of 12 (747 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Nov 15, 2012
They can be blamed for the beta leak...
Message 3 of 12 (726 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Nov 15, 2012
I agree to an extent but I heard that apprantly Capcom said new dante or no dante. Same with Suckerpunch: 2 coles or no coles.
Please Respond
Message 4 of 12 (723 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Nov 15, 2012
If Capcom says New Dante or no Dante - then the only thing SuperBot can be blamed for opting to include him, which some people do. I'm fine with New Dante mainly because I'm not as close to the franchise as others are, plus I think the new DmC looks great.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 5 of 12 (702 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Nov 15, 2012
well said
Please Respond
Message 6 of 12 (698 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Nov 15, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

I fear this can actually happen. And anyway if this happens, it's both Capcom and Superbot fault. Stop with this "Superbot has no decisional power" **bleep**. If they can't be blamed for anything, then they don't even have merit for nothing. They're nothing.

This is one of the best things I've ever read on this board.

You're right. Absolutely right. Giving Superbot credit where it's due is fine but ignoring their faults is a mistake. And they've made quite a few faults but I'm so glad someone has brought up their supposed "lack of decisional power". Because frankly, Superbot bending over backwards for every developer makes them come across as a very spineless developer;

"Raiden instead of Snake? Okay, we'll do it!"

"New Dante? Well, if it'll get him in the game ..."

"Two Coles? Well, everyone else only has one but ... alright, alright!"

People could argue that some of these were unavoidable but there was no argument to be made for old Dante, even as an alternate? Somehow, I doubt that. And isn't Infamous a first-party game? It's just ridiculous that Superbot don't get precedent over them (within reason; treating the character disrespectfully wouldn't be acceptable but it's fair to say they wouldn't do that).

Message 7 of 12 (656 Views)
Survivor
2388 posts

Nov 15, 2012
SB is a brand new developer, they arent about to go up to huge companies and demand things. Thats ruining relationships for the future. How do u know that they didnt try and get the old Dante but just couldnt? ur assuming that if they kept asking they would eventually get what they wanted, thats not how life works. Capcom has the final say in regards to ANY of their franchises, Dante in the game at all is great. They actually said that they tried to get the old Dante but Capcom said no, have u not heard the explanations on how getting characters in this game works? SB has to ask permission from all IP holders, including the 1st party devs (like SuckerPunch)
Message 8 of 12 (636 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

Was it really Suckerpunch that demanded 2 Coles or no Cole?

If so, that is really lame and SuckerPunch just entered my "It's official, you Suck" list. I would personally be fine with have no Cole at all, but mainly because I'm not a fan, in fact I'm quite the opposite.

So DLC:

Neutral Cole

Old Dante

Shirtless Nathan Drake

Raiden with two swords

Instead of getting proper new characters, I really hope we don't have to pay money for recycled garbage. Please put in more important (and more interesting) characters like Cloud instead and I will give you my life savings.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 9 of 12 (611 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Nov 15, 2012

boboMELOSHE wrote:
ur assuming that if they kept asking they would eventually get what they wanted, thats not how life works.

Based on the way some people act on this board, some people don't realise this fact...

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 10 of 12 (578 Views)
0 Likes