Dec 13 2012
By: Ginta2468 Treasure Hunter 6400 posts

Ok so it seems like I was wrong about Sackboy...

34 replies 492 views Edited Dec 13, 2012
When I was playing in pratice mode yesterday, I was using Toro as my punching bag and (I don't know if I got rusty or not since not playing for 3 days does that to me) but it turns out his combos ARE character specific. This is actually pretty dang dissapointing, and the primary combos I use are character specific. For example, my ap burst up combo only works on like half the cast, and his forward triangle as well (Every character if you are fighting by a wall, the wall also helped me find out a 155ap combo with him.) I can't do neither combos on character like Toro, which is bs since his best combos can not be even used on every character.

So yeah even I have a big problem with this, and at least make his combos less character specific, since I can't do big combos with him anymore. This just made him a whole lot more harder to use. This is most likely my only request Superbot, I know his ap gain and cake and jam got nerfed, but you didn't have to nerf his combos.
Message 1 of 35 (492 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Re: Ok so it seems like I was wrong about Sackboy...

Dec 13, 2012

haha this is what I've been saying the entire time post patch. Thank you for posting this because I completely agree, hopefully superbot sees this and fixes ol' Sackboy. Here's a thread I made the day after the patch where others have posted about how Sackboy's combo's were affected by the patch: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Sackboys-Combo-s-Are-Broken-post...

Message 2 of 35 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
59 posts

Dec 13, 2012

My friend mains sackboy and he has no problem pulling off his combo's on anyone.

Message 3 of 35 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Dec 13, 2012
Same for hehachi, his combos only hit if you down on time
Message 4 of 35 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Dec 13, 2012
Plus nO one won our last match, you bailed on me
Message 5 of 35 (412 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Dec 13, 2012
Are all his combos character specific or just the ones you know?
Message 6 of 35 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Dec 13, 2012
@Pb_Mal I didn't bail on purpose, things came up. We can fight the next time I am on and finish our match. I was using Spike not Sackboy in that match anyways.

@Bbbags123 His ap burst combos are now character specific. Try doing his BnB ap burst on Toro and sees what happens.

@chunky_shtew Yeah it baffles me though why they decided to do this. His most useful combos don't even work on everyone anymore which is just kinda unfair and annoying to work around.

@O-EXTRA I know probably more combos with him than most people do, and his most useful ones are now character specific. The only one so far that I have found that isn't character specific and doesn't invole the teleporter is his 155 ap burst combo next to a wall.
Sorry can't quote right now.
Message 7 of 35 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Dec 13, 2012

I had the same exact issue after the patch. thought the combos didn't work but it depends on the opposing character

Message 8 of 35 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Dec 13, 2012

I've noticed that it's mostly his 'up-square' grapple and arial 'side trianlge' that have been affected when used in combos post-patch. So any combos involving those (pretty much all of his main combo's like Ginta said) are character specific and work on less than half of the roster. I've only found 3 characters that they work consistently on (Ratchet, Sweet Tooth and the other I can't remember off-hand).

I haven't noticed any other characters combo's who have been broken like this post-patch, although I can't say for for every character. I play alot with Toro, Sly, Ratchet, and Raiden both before and after the patch and can say all of their combo's still work the same against all characters. I almost think this Sackboy issue is a bug since I can't understand Superbot intentionally breaking his combos along with all the other nerfs they gave him :/

Message 9 of 35 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Dec 13, 2012
So far I know the side triangle combo works on the ones you meantioned plus Kratos, Raiden, PaRappa (Surprisingly) Fat Princess, Radec, and Drake. I haven't tested it on that many characters, but I know it doesn't work for Toro, Sly, Sackboy. I think Jak as well but I forgot. His up grab combos which were extremely effective work on less characters than that though.
Message 10 of 35 (316 Views)
0 Likes