Wastelander
596 posts

Re: Ofiicial High Rez Box Art.

Sep 29, 2012

HighFlyer_15 wrote:
Fat Princess fits and SHOULD be there.
**bleep** it's been weeks since I've seen anyone say anything nice about her.
I like her and she fits in the universe!

Same here. and honestly, I think they chose the right characters to put in.

Kratos and Nathan Drake are popular and recognizable characters in the 'hardcore' gamer community.

Big Daddy is very recognizable and will attract non-playstation gamers.

Raiden is a very recognizable charcter, especially with MGR:R around the corner, he is on people's minds' right now.

Sly Cooper also has a new game coming up and is on people's minds' right now.

Ratchet and Sackboy are very iconic playstation characters with the 'hardcore', and moreso, children.

And Finally Fat Princess shows that there are girls in the game and will attract possibly a younger female audience.

At least that's how I see it.

Message 11 of 35 (183 Views)
First Son
18 posts

Re: Official High Rez Box Art.

Sep 29, 2012

what.... how..... these 2 second photoshop jobs are actual final covers.... must have given the job to a junior... well at least he / she is getting experience...

Message 12 of 35 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Should be more characters! But it's way better than the european one. I'm gonna have to import this game...

However I like the 'fake' one way better!

http://cdn.wegotthiscovered.com/wp-content/uploads/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-leak-box-art....

Message 13 of 35 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
596 posts

Sep 29, 2012

^Same here.

I really wish that they had done some original art for the box art instead of using the same old copy paste images.

But I'm not too bummed over it, it's a decent box art. it's not Phalanx, that's for sure.

Message 14 of 35 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Wow, not impressed at all. They just took the generic character images from the website and used them to frame the title.

While it's safe for any consumer to assume that this game is a fighting game off the title alone--the cover gives you nothing to guess what the actual game is like. 

They really should have gone with more characters battling it out like on the 'leaked' cover a while back.

Another problem I have with this is Raiden being on the cover. I have no idea what they're hoping for by putting him there--unless it was part of the contract to get him as a fighter they'd put him on the cover--but he has no selling power compared to some of the characters on the roster who do. Seriously should have gone with Cole McGrath. 

Message 15 of 35 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1535 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Eh, the only one I have a problem with is Big Daddy, but besides that, cool.

Message 16 of 35 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
596 posts

Sep 29, 2012

DIONEDA wrote:

Another problem I have with this is Raiden being on the cover. I have no idea what they're hoping for by putting him there--unless it was part of the contract to get him as a fighter they'd put him on the cover--but he has no selling power compared to some of the characters on the roster who do. Seriously should have gone with Cole McGrath. 

Nothing against inFamous, but with MGS2 selling over 7 million, and MGS4 selling more than 5 Million, I'd say that Raiden is much more popular and recognizable than Cole is. 

Message 17 of 35 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Sep 29, 2012
Who cares if they used the website photos?
This game is awesome and so is the cover!
Message 18 of 35 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Sep 29, 2012
Where is parappa and sir dan?
"Escape meeee, escape meeee!"
Message 19 of 35 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Zezzler wrote:

DIONEDA wrote:

Nothing against inFamous, but with MGS2 selling over 7 million, and MGS4 selling more than 5 Million, I'd say that Raiden is much more popular and recognizable than Cole is. 

However, nobody was getting either of those games for Raiden (many people were displeased with the character's role in MGS2 anyway)--Snake was the main draw. 

Plus, for a series that is much younger than MGS, Infamous' sales aren't bad either: 2.25 Million (not including the millions that were sent out for free after the PSN outtage in 2011) for InFamous and 1.3 Million for InFamous2 is nothing to sneeze at in the slightest for a newer, **exlcusive** IP.
Message 20 of 35 (112 Views)
0 Likes