Oct 20 2012
By: musicfreaklam Uncharted Territory 1807 posts

Official "Michael Ad" Teaser Thread

[ Edited ]
13 replies 563 views Edited Oct 22, 2012

The original Michael ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdWkKKSckNk

Behind-the-scenes image of the filming of the Michael ad confirming that Cloud was originally going to make an appearance: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3348214528/nm1295887

Since we've seen two teasers two days in a row, I have a theory that a new one will be released each day until the 23rd (that means two more).  So here's a thread with all we know and have speculated so far.  I hope that we can have all of our ideas and excitement in one place without new threads popping up every time a new video comes.

The Reload: 

This tweet pretty much confirms that the original Michael ad was a teaser for PSASBR

0:05 - Sign on desk saying "Saru! Get You!" = The name of Ape Escape in Japan

0:05 - Postcard from Limbo City on desk = DmC reference

0:05 - Gun in hand = Possible MGS reference?

0:10 - Blue electricity = Cole MacGrath from inFamous?

The Arrival: 

0:04 - Lombax language on typewriter = Jak and Daxter reference

0:05 - White cat under car = Possible Toro reference?

0:06 - When translated, the letter reads "Dear Copernicus, we have received your letter and regret to inform you, Captain..." = Reference to Captain Qwark of R&C

0:10 - Precursor languange on license plate = Jak and Daxter reference (The license plate reads "Morgan" which is the name of the black lab previously owned by ND cofounder Jason Rubin)

0:11 - Heavenly Sword hanging over desk = Obvious Nariko reference

0:19 - Nathan Drake in car = Obvious Uncharted reference

The Aftermath: 

0:02 - Sly Cooper's cane on the wall to the left

0:04 - Skull-shaped key = Possible MediEvil/Sir Dan reference?

0:05 - Boko tattooed on foot = Boko/Boco is the name of a recurring chocobo in the Final Fantasy series

0:06 - Sir Dan's sword against wall = Obvious MediEvil reference

0:09 - Pink cake and ice cream on floor = Fat Princess and Sweet Tooth reference

0:13 - Sweet Tooth's blade = Obvious Twisted Metal reference

I can't wait to see what Tuesday the 23rd brings!  Any other references I may have missed?

Message 1 of 14 (563 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Re: Official "Michael Ad" Teaser Thread

Oct 20, 2012
how is this the official when there already is threads about it... youre late bro.
Message 2 of 14 (550 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Oct 20, 2012

COREYMCGUIRE1993 wrote:
how is this the official when there already is threads about it... youre late bro.

I'm saying that I'll be updating this with every new hint people find in the videos and when new videos are released.  It's meant to clean up the forums from multiple threads being created about the same topic

Message 3 of 14 (544 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Oct 20, 2012
but more detail into it. get screenshots and tell us the times of the video. show us what you sound instead of just saying it cause its pointless right now.
Message 4 of 14 (513 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 20, 2012

The type writer language is actually from Ratchet & Clank. It may be prudent to put the entire translation as well. It's probably nothing but it may be relevent in the future.
You're right about the license plate. It says Morgan. A reference to Naughty Dog's pet who came to the studios practically every day from the early pre-crash games right up until he died during Jak 2.

Good idea for a thread in my opinion. Keep everything organised and easy to look up. Better than having to scroll through every thread for every video in order to make sure you've spotted everything.

Message 5 of 14 (506 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Oct 20, 2012
I agree, it'll be good tomorrow if there's another video.

Message 6 of 14 (481 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1466 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 20, 2012

Liam_C1991 wrote:

The type writer language is actually from Ratchet & Clank. It may be prudent to put the entire translation as well. It's probably nothing but it may be relevent in the future.
The License plate is from Jak and Daxter & says Morgan. A reference to Naughty Dog's pet who came to the studios practically every day from the early pre crash games right up until he died during Jak 2.

Good idea for a thread in my opinion. Keep everything organised and easy to look up. Better than having to scroll through every thread for every video in order to make sure you've spotted everything.

I translated the typewriter message, which reads "Dear Copernicus, We have received your letter and regret to inform you Captain"

Rejection letter to Qwark. Just another hint at this being about All Stars, and a nice touch by SB

Message 7 of 14 (478 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2905 posts

Oct 20, 2012

It's just going to lead up to a new commercial just like the Michael trailer.

Message 8 of 14 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Oct 20, 2012

Alpha-Male22 wrote:

Liam_C1991 wrote:

The License plate is from Jak and Daxter & says Morgan. A reference to Naughty Dog's pet who came to the studios practically every day from the early pre crash games right up until he died during Jak 2.

I translated the typewriter message, which reads "Dear Copernicus, We have received your letter and regret to inform you Captain"

Rejection letter to Qwark. Just another hint at this being about All Stars, and a nice touch by SB

Yeah I think quite a few people translated it. I still think it should go in though. Pretty good reference.

Message 9 of 14 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Oct 20, 2012

Updated with times and new info.  Thanks guys!

Message 10 of 14 (422 Views)
0 Likes