May 08 2013
By: Bobthepetferret Gaming Beast 1670 posts

Official PS All-Stars History Thread! (RATCHET VIDEO UP!)

[ Edited ]
98 replies 1732 views Edited Jun 9, 2013

Hello everyone, it's me again, that guy who makes the history videos. Or the one so far since I haven't finished any of the others yet Smiley Tongue

Figured it was time I set up a permanent thread that I can continually update my progress on. The main reason for doing this now is because the other day I set up a thread to get opinions on the Jak video layout, since it's close to being finished, in the hopes of getting the video out within a week or so.

Well, that didn't happen because I got sick and currently can't record the commentary for his level 3 super and the outro stuff without sounding horrendous, so that's been delayed. Should be out by the end of the week though! In the meantime I'll be battling my illness and working on editing down the footage for the next character (which is all recorded) so that's in a better position to get moving once Jak's done.

In the meantime, please feel free to go back and watch the Sackboy video if you haven't already (link in my signature), and I'll keep you posted on future developments! Smiley Very Happy

Videos so far (will be updated over time):

Sackboy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjAil1JAKq4

Jak & Daxter - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQVkyHbXHfE

Ratchet & Clank - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z-kJmsT25g

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 1 of 99 (1,732 Views)
Fender Bender
3659 posts

Re: Official PS All-Stars History Thread!

May 8, 2013
I can't see a link in my iPod Smiley Sad
Also I am sick as well, stupid sore throat cough and bad chest is killing me!
Message 2 of 99 (1,726 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

May 8, 2013

Splatteregg wrote:
I can't see a link in my iPod Smiley Sad
Also I am sick as well, stupid sore throat cough and bad chest is killing me!

Can you see the Sackboy image? Since that's the link. If not, I'll add an actual link to the thread.

Message 3 of 99 (1,724 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

May 8, 2013

are you planning to make a link in your sig for jak?

I could totally make one for emmett and fat princess but I have no capture card  >.<

Message 4 of 99 (1,719 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

May 8, 2013

My sig will always change to whichever video is the latest, and it'll always be the opening title cards from the videos. I won't need anything made for me though, since my girlfriend is already doing all the drawings and I just put them together with the logo and backdrop.

That said, more of those awesome super images are always welcome Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 99 (1,715 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

May 9, 2013

Latest update to my progress!

My cold is slowly going away now, and that means that commentary for the last bits of Jak's video will be done soon and you'll get the video by Sunday at the absolute latest.

In other news, the footage for the next character after Jak has been fully edited down from the hours and hours of recordings I had and categorised by move, so that will speed up the editing process for that one and hopefully it won't take as long as Jak has Smiley Tongue

That's all I have for now, but I'll keep you posted on future updates.

Message 6 of 99 (1,644 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
506 posts

May 9, 2013

Can't wait for the Jak vid since J&D is my fav PS game and Jak 3 is my favourite game. Also can't wait for Ratchet,Sly,PaRappa,Cole,Nate, and Kat Smiley Happy

PS All-Stars Battle Royale Mains: Sly,Jak,Ratchet,PaRappa,Kat,Good Cole,Raiden.
Kingdom Hearts FTW!
Moveset ideas:Ty the Tasmanian Tiger-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Ty-the-Tasmanian-Tiger-moveset/m-p/39916477
Sora-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Sora-Kingdom-Hearts-moveset/m-p/39923329
Crash Bandicoot-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Crash-Bandicoot-moveset/m-p/40043417
Spyro-http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Spyro-The-Dragon-Moveset/m-p/42628521

Message 7 of 99 (1,622 Views)
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

May 9, 2013

ryannumber3gamer wrote:

Can't wait for the Jak vid since J&D is my fav PS game and Jak 3 is my favourite game. Also can't wait for Ratchet,Sly,PaRappa,Cole,Nate, and Kat Smiley Happy

You may not have to wait very long for Ratchet and Sly Smiley Wink

Also, Kat's gonna be fun considering the only possible way to record a Vita is with a camcorder. I do have Gravity Rush and she has been slotted into my working list because of that, but my god, her video is gonna be a technical nightmare Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 99 (1,618 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
955 posts

May 9, 2013

I can imagine Kat being pretty easy, pretty much all of her moves can be mapped directly to one in the game.

Although the black hole doesnt work anything like the gravity pull.

If you want challenging try fat princess or sweet tooth.. lol

Check out my [Moveset Creation Guide] ,my [PSASBR Wishlist]
...and my Movesets!

Message 9 of 99 (1,603 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

May 9, 2013

Digidevil4 wrote:

I can imagine Kat being pretty easy, pretty much all of her moves can be mapped directly to one in the game.

Although the black hole doesnt work anything like the gravity pull.

If you want challenging try fat princess or sweet tooth.. lol

Oh yeah, Kat's simple in terms of mapping her moves. I even played around in GR for a bit experimenting with the controls and found pretty much all her kick moves, and wrote up a chart of everything. That said, the Attract and Repel moves are original to All-Stars, kind of visually inspired by the Black Hole and technically inspired by the debris pickup move, but that's still easy to cover (I kind of just did, in fact! Smiley Tongue)

The difficulty comes from the fact that, unlike everyone else, whose games I just feed through a PVR and record direct to my hard drive, with Gravity Rush I have to point a camcorder directly at the Vita screen and somehow play the game without moving around too much. The Gravity Slide complicates this even more by requiring you to physically move the Vita to make it work. So the picture quality may be a bit awful, plus actually importing the footage is a longer process than normal. If the Vita was like the PSP and had a video out option, it wouldn't be an issue, but sadly, the Vita doesn't have that option. An option to feed the game through the TV via the PS3 would also be useful, but that doesn't exist either!

But yeah, Sweet Tooth and Fat Princess are harder from a move-mapping standpoint. Parappa too, although I know how I'm putting his video together already, and it's probably going to be one of the shortest videos Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 99 (1,593 Views)
0 Likes