Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Re: Official North American Box Aart.

Oct 24, 2012

Voncola wrote:

3D or no 3D?

Also how do you know these are final, any links? North America ahould have a rating. And scale down Brawl! Of course it looks better when it is three times the size lol

Well, the NA one is shown on the official website if you just click "Pre-Order" on the banner above.  I don't know if the Europe one is official or not though

Message 11 of 22 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2012

Its pretty **bleep** terrible, both of them. I liked the one they shortly had with sweet tooth and kratos fighting in the foreground for a variety of reasons. It demonstrated that the game was actually a fighting game, and I knew more thought went into it than posting the stock imagery we've been seeing for half a **bleep** year. You'd think that with the terrible job they've done marketing this game to the general public (with a small exception of the ads on youtube's main page) at least they would put some effort into the cover, which can actually be a major selling point. I've said this before and Ill say it again, as a child, I bought the first smash bros because as I browsed around the store I saw a cover with Mario and Pikachu on it, looking like they were about to go into it. This is what you need, not these terrible stances that only work well as individual pictures. Get it together Tyrone.

Yes the word d-a-m-n is censored here multiply.

Message 12 of 22 (125 Views)
Wastelander
712 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Both are pretty bad, especially in comparison to the Smash Bros Brawl one. The Brawl one has all the big name characters that almost everyone knows in focus, it has Mario, Pikachu, Link, Samus and Pokemon Trainer all in focus, while still not taking too much attention away from Meta Knight, Pit, Kirby, Fox, and Peach.

The box arts just don't stick out as much. They should of put the title at the top and did something similar to the Smash Bros Brawl box art. Also, replace Fat Princess with Jak & Daxter, and throw in Cole and Parappa.

Message 13 of 22 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
557 posts

Oct 24, 2012

i don't think this is official, the artwork is non-consistent. i remember there was a website leak a few monthes back that showed a different cover

Message 14 of 22 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Oct 24, 2012

I've never thought any of the Smash Bros' cover art were particularly good--and PSAS doesn't look too much better at all. Pretty generic. 

As for your concerns with the goofiness of the PSAS cover... Of course they need happy Sackboy. Playstations Top 4 franchises right now are God of War, Uncharted, InFamous, and Sackboy. 

The vast majority of Nintendo's franchises, especially its top ones, are already very goofy and accessable to people of all ages (geared more toward younger players). They have to make their covers look a little more hard and badass to appeal to a broader spectrum of fighter players. 

PSAS is geared toward all players too, but you have to show the fun, all-age friendly side (Sackboy, Sly, Fat Princess) along with the top tier 1st and 3rd party franchises (Drake, Kratos, Big Daddy, Raiden...) because they come from more mature, hyper-violent games. 

It's the concept of making it all fit. 

Message 15 of 22 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Oct 24, 2012
Sackboy FTW
Message 16 of 22 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Voncola wrote:

3D or no 3D?

Also how do you know these are final, any links? North America ahould have a rating. And scale down Brawl! Of course it looks better when it is three times the size lol

Official because sites are now showing it as the cover art. Gamestop namely, had no cover art even when the EU one was revealed, and now, this NA is what the sites all show. plus, the poster from playstation magazine has this on one of the side, so im positive its official. and i just pasted from google images, couldnt find a bigger one for either box arts on all stars. my bad!

Message 17 of 22 (74 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
993 posts

Oct 24, 2012
I also have been told that this is not the official NA art and is a placeholder
Message 18 of 22 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1087 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Honestly, the NA one has been growing on me lately.  Sure, it could certainly stand to be more exciting or fighting-oriented, but it still seems to be a solid and attractive boxart on its own so far.

Message 19 of 22 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Oct 24, 2012
It should be:
Sackboy
Kratos
Good Cole
Nathan Drake
Jak and Daxter