Hekseville Citizen
233 posts

Re: Oddworld Inhabitants wants Abe PlayStation All-Stars inclusion

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2012

I think Abe really has the potential to be an interesting fighter in this game, despite all of the complaining.

That is because I think, that Abe actually would have a good moveset:

(some moves already were mentioned)

- He can throw stones, grenades (think thats more powerfull than Sackboys jellyball)

- He can slap, fart and roll: these would be his melee skills...he could roll into other fighters quite like Sly and the fart is just epic

(since this is a fighting game, they surely would have to make Abe a bit more aggressiv, but I wouldn´t have a big problem seeing Abe slapping more than once or even kicking Kratos in the nuts)

-He could use the Bird Portal to either summon other Oddworld creatures or use it himself to teleport to an other spot on the map

-He could use landmines

-He can become invisible

-His super level 1 could be him drinking Soulstorm Brew and then killing others with an explosive fart

-He could ride the Elum in his super level 2, which could be quite like Fat Princess riding the chicken

-He can transform into the Shrykull in his super level 3, slaughtering everyone he touches

-An other option for a super level 3 could be Abe chanting and controlling a random player and use the controlled players

level 3 instead. When Abe´s super ends, the controlled player explodes/dies. 

These are just some ideas and I am sure Superbot and Oddworld Inhabitants would come up with more creative ideas, so I really see no reason Abe not being in this game.

Besides, it would just be awsome farting on an other player and hear Abe laughing afterwards Smiley Very Happy

Message 51 of 70 (181 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Bruttus wrote:

I think Abe really has the potential to be an interesting fighter in this game, despite all of the complaining.

That is because I think, that Abe actually would have a good moveset:

(some moves already were mentioned)

- He can throw stones, grenades (think thats more powerfull than Sackboys jellyball)

- He can slap, fart and roll: these would be his melee skills...he could roll into other fighters quite like Sly and the fart is just epic

(since this is a fighting game, they surely would have to make Abe a bit more aggressiv, but I would´nt have a big problem seeing Abe slapping more than once or even kicking Kratos in the nuts)

-He could use the Bird Portal to either summon other Oddworld creatures or use it himself to teleport to an other spot on the map

-He could use landmines

-He can become invisible

-His super level 1 could be him drinking Soulstorm Brew and then killing others with an explosive fart

-He could ride the Elum in his super level 2, which could be quite like Fat Princess riding the chicken

-He can transform into the Shrykull in his super level 3, slaughtering everyone he touches

-An other option for a super level 3 could be Abe chanting and controlling a random player and use the controlled players

level 3 instead. When Abe´s super ends, the controlled player explodes/dies. 

These are just some ideas and I am sure Superbot and Oddworld Inhabitants would come up with more creative ideas, so I really see no reason Abe not being in this game.

I mean it would be just awsome farting on an other player and hear Abe laughing afterwards Smiley Very Happy

Here's someone using some creativity

Plus who said Superbot couldn't add moves like a punch or a kick. It's all in the mind of the developers and how they want to portray the characters, I'm sure a balanced moveset for Abe could be figured out pretty quickly, especially by the people who are making the game

PSN: tha_jammer

ABE and CHIMERA FOR PSASBR
Message 52 of 70 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Nov 14, 2012
Just because a character isn't a strong fighter doesn't mean they can't be in a game like this. Someone mentioned Pheonix Wright, which is a great example. Abe could trip and stumble around for his melee attacks.
Message 53 of 70 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
568 posts

Nov 14, 2012

I find it stupid to be honest, that people say he isn't a fighter or doesn't have the moves etc.. That's plain bulls*it , because SuperBot has already proven that they can make a fighter out of every character! For example: Fat Princess is a flag in her game, but SB did a great job on making her a fighter. So yes, they can make a unique character out of Abe Smiley Wink

Quoted from Zeothedeathgod aka mr. Optimistic: ''i am a bit disappointed by the roster''
Another Zeo quote: ''They should really have chosen a different roster''
Quoted from mtjjrstccw1 aka mr. Anger: ''my rage is shifted towards identity now''
Message 54 of 70 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Nov 14, 2012
Brutus convinced me, he would be awesome. SB, you get ur **bleep** on the phone yesterday and put Abe in the game!!
Message 55 of 70 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Augustus_04 wrote:
I dont want him too.. he was more a Xbox character than a Sony character in the last years.. Wrong game for him.

people use that same argument for crash and everybody says they are stupid...so... lol

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 56 of 70 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
343 posts

Nov 14, 2012
I could care less if he is more Xbox, it is just a character and I will take any that they put in...
Message 57 of 70 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Guest_1001 wrote:

Wow, talk about showing a lack of imagination. If you'd been asked to come up with a roster for PSASBR before ever hearing about it, do you think you'd be able to come up with a moveset for Fat Princess? Do you think you'd have predicted that Sackboy would be performing german suplexes with Grabinators? I'm doubtful and even more than I would've been because of your attitude towards the idea of Abe in the game.

Let's think about all the things Abe could use in the Abe's Oddysee/Exoddus games. The slap. The explosive farts. The grenades. The meat to summon Paramites. Elum. The Shrykull! And, of course, possession. He doesn't even have to possess another player; imagine summoning a Slig to gun down and whack the other opponents and send Slogs after them. At a push, Abe could even set landmines or summon Scrabs. They were both in the game, even if Abe had no control over them himself. You could say the same about Sackboy summoning fans from midair, strictly speaking.

The attitude towards some characters on this board baffles me. Defending Big Daddy but ruling out Abe as "more of an XBox character towards the end anyway". He was in one game on the XBox, in spite of the fact that's where the series continued, but two games on the PS1. And Stranger's Wrath was just released on the Playstation Store anyway! And I noticed people dismissing Crash too, saying things like "oh, his games were never really that good anyway" ... yeah, everyone knows how sincere that statement is ... but then lobbying for characters like Dart who was never a significant figure in Playstation's history and would play like a second-rate FF character! Only using magic when in Dragoon form? Please no ...

The point is that turning your nose up at significant figures -- Abe, for example -- just comes across as immature. Are you that blinded by fanboyism that you don't think the roster would be improved by an actual Playstation All-Star?

AMEN! By god I think you and I could be best friends!

Message 58 of 70 (113 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 15, 2012
i hav a good moveswt for abe!
key:
s=square t=triangle o=circle x=x v=down >=direction ^=up
moveset:
s- slap
>s - run into someone like he does walls in oddysee
^s- i cant think of one..
vs- rolling slam (just rolls into someone)
t- rides elum and barges with him similar to fortesques shield slam
>t- slingshot (im pretty sure the forest guys had em so why cant he)
vt- fart followed by a prompt hehehe
^t- teleports upwards using his bats/doves/pidgeons. could be a third jump or a dodge
o- pulls lever and electric gate appears/activates infront of him. (causes a stun)
>o- throws little black grenade far, it bounces and explodes on contact
vo- activates one of those little green/red flashy mines that spins and always killed me...
^o- throws grenade high up and explodes upon landing (no bounce)
^x- high vertical jump
>x- running jump
x- small hop (what he does when u only press triangle in the other game)
and then for supers i was thinking a million different possibilities and combos for the first one but decided any of the following would be good.
super1: shouts "geddem" and a slog runs out and jumps on closest player(s)
OR
super1: the electric gate idea perhaps instead of it being on o
OR
super1: pulls a lever and a trapdoor opens infront of him and close players will fall thru an die
OR
super1: meat chomper kills someone. loved those meat chompers
for super2: i thought the shrykull would be a good idea and it could zap anyone nearby similar to how evilcoles lvl 2 works
for super3: i thought possession was in order. he could really instead of possessing someone could sort of "steal" the lvl 3 super o the person closest to him, sending out a clone of yhe character (eg. kratos) to run around with his sword of olympus killin everyone including the kratos abe copied. idk id have to explain it in person but i think itd be a good one. either that or abe just copies wveryones supers and runs around with the sword of olympus himself or does a parappa rap himself. thatd be sooo funny. especially if he farted. let me know what u think.
Message 59 of 70 (81 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 15, 2012
aw someone beat me to it wth i just read the thread and noone had a moveset!! **bleep** the bird portals a good idea
Message 60 of 70 (79 Views)
0 Likes