Splicer
54 posts

Re: OMG so sick of cheap spammers and hit confirm supers!! SUPERBOT MuSt FiX ThIS!

Dec 30, 2012

Strife93 wrote:

SwampMidget wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Is this that "new-age" way of being clever and ironic? Huh, it's about as effective as second half of that last Captain America film...

No, this is my way of telling people that your playstation controller has more than circle, triangle, and square. I'm not saying that it's possible to always dodge a hit confirm every single time, or to dodge every super ever always, or to stop every spammer always, but with practice you can learn how to do it to a point where you win almost every time against people who spam the most basic things and do the same moves over and over, and the only way you'll lose to such poor gameplay is when you make a mistake, or when you get some awful lag. 

This is not addressed towards higher level gameplay, this is addressed to people who complain about things that I happen to play against as well and seem to not have much trouble against anymore. Why is that you may ask? Because I learned how to play better. 

I haven't lost to any character in this game in ages. But I have lost to all sorts of skilled players, and I get out played all the time.

It's not what you say, though. It's how you say it. When you open with a line like this, it's very easy to be quickly dismissed as just another pretentious forum-dweller.

I have no problem with people raising concerns or citing possible imbalances. That being said, people are still finding ways around things (such as Evil Cole's GP) and SB shouldn't be hasty with "fixing" things. But that's what the forum is here for, to TALK about these things, not silence one another.

Based on your response, you do seem very well spoken and capable of actualizing your thoughts properly. I just feel that a thread like this is... beneath you, in some weird way... Smiley Indifferent

1. You may dismiss me as a pretentious forum-dweller if you'd like, it makes no difference to me as long as I can communicate with you and understand what you have to say in return.

2. I agree with you completely about people raising concerns and citing possible imbalances. I also completely agree with you about SuperBot not being too hasty on the nerfs. But for the most part, these things don't seem to be unbalanced. Most of the things people are raising hell about on the forums can be avoided. I have personally been playing every character in the game in quick matches, and although I may not be skilled with most of them (I make toro eat an entire box of catnip to deal with the stresses of my poor toro gameplay) I can still dodge, roll, jump through just about everything being called "op". The only issues I have playing against when I'm on a character I can't use well are either extreme lag (supers not making sounds when going off, my character or other characters being seemingly teleported across the map) or skilled players who are better than me. I am no master or professional, but players that simply spam are easily dealt with. 

In fact, this is sort of a secret that I don't want anybody else to know, but instead of simply silencing those on this forum who complain about spammers, I tried to give a somewhat decent explanation in my original post on how to deal with them. 

3. Well spoken? Threads like this beneath me? I would have to disagree with you. I just mash the keyboard with my toes and hope that actual wosadfwerocvxjlkalk;'][1(*&6ds\

Message 21 of 37 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Re: OMG so sick of cheap spammers and hit confirm supers!! SUPERBOT MuSt FiX ThIS!

Dec 30, 2012

slow clap

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 22 of 37 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
721 posts

Dec 30, 2012
I just wanted to let everyone know there's a troll in the dungeon
Message 23 of 37 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 30, 2012

DrDude101 wrote:
I just wanted to let everyone know there's a troll in the dungeon

reggie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 24 of 37 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

Dec 30, 2012
Message 25 of 37 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 30, 2012
I winder how many years of gaming it takes t get a handle on a vonttoller? Becausr ny nephew is 2 and it looks like he's got it.

this is me helping
Message 26 of 37 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
721 posts

Dec 30, 2012
@sam
He may also spell better than you

@strife
That pic was no funny
Message 27 of 37 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Dec 30, 2012

DrDude101 wrote:
@sam

@strife
That pic was no funny

That pic actually made me laugh really hard. 

I would upgrade it from your "no funny" to a very solid "yes funny".

Message 28 of 37 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 30, 2012

SwampMidget wrote:

DrDude101 wrote:
@sam

@strife
That pic was no funny

I wish I knew which one he was talking about... Smiley Frustrated

WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 29 of 37 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Dec 30, 2012

Strife93 wrote:

SwampMidget wrote:

DrDude101 wrote:
@sam

@strife
That pic was no funny

I wish I knew which one he was talking about... Smiley Frustrated

I think when he replied to you he meant the one you used to reply to him. But if you are confused as to which one i found funny, I actually laughed at both. 

Message 30 of 37 (81 Views)