Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/13/2012
Offline
324 posts
 

Re: OMG so sick of cheap spammers and hit confirm supers!! SUPERBOT MuSt FiX ThIS!

Dec 30, 2012
I was wondering how people got the bots to use supers, thanks.
—--------
"The Dirty Casual"
Message 11 of 37 (213 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
54 posts
 

Re: OMG so sick of cheap spammers and hit confirm supers!! SUPERBOT MuSt FiX ThIS!

Dec 30, 2012

Samokoske wrote:
NERF ALL THE CHARACTERS SO THEY CAN ONLY ATTACK WITH SQUARE!

Oh my gosh, what a great idea!

Message 12 of 37 (209 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/12/2008
Offline
119 posts
 

Re: OMG so sick of cheap spammers and hit confirm supers!! SUPERBOT MuSt FiX ThIS!

Dec 30, 2012

Lol at people taking you seriously. Smiley Tongue

 

But to be fair, you'd have to be stupid to think that things like Sweet Tooth's one hit kill confirm is fair.

 

As for spamming and stuff... People should just get over it. There's an L1 button for a reason, and when you're playing free-for-all with people who don't know how to block... You should be taking advantage of them too! Smiley Very Happy



Message 13 of 37 (204 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/17/2012
Offline
3293 posts
 

Re: OMG so sick of cheap spammers and hit confirm supers!! SUPERBOT MuSt FiX ThIS!

Dec 30, 2012
THIS IS SRSBALLZ, GUY! EVERYBODU IS TOO OP! IT IS IPOSSIBURU FOR ME 2 PLAY


this is me helping
Message 14 of 37 (192 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/18/2010
Offline
239 posts
 

Re: OMG so sick of cheap spammers and hit confirm supers!! SUPERBOT MuSt FiX ThIS!

Dec 30, 2012

Prattz wrote:

Lol at people taking you seriously. Smiley Tongue

 

But to be fair, you'd have to be stupid to think that things like Sweet Tooth's one hit kill confirm is fair.

 

As for spamming and stuff... People should just get over it. There's an L1 button for a reason, and when you're playing free-for-all with people who don't know how to block... You should be taking advantage of them too! Smiley Very Happy


It's fair. It's just as easy to dodge as every other move in the game. Not to mention that you can just BLOCK the dam(n) machete. This thread was aimed at people like you.

Message 15 of 37 (186 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/17/2012
Offline
810 posts
 

Re: OMG so sick of cheap spammers and hit confirm supers!! SUPERBOT MuSt FiX ThIS!

Dec 30, 2012
./ignore
Message 16 of 37 (180 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 09/07/2009
Offline
451 posts
 

Re: OMG so sick of cheap spammers and hit confirm supers!! SUPERBOT MuSt FiX ThIS!

Dec 30, 2012

simplegary wrote:

Prattz wrote:

Lol at people taking you seriously. Smiley Tongue

 

But to be fair, you'd have to be stupid to think that things like Sweet Tooth's one hit kill confirm is fair.

 

As for spamming and stuff... People should just get over it. There's an L1 button for a reason, and when you're playing free-for-all with people who don't know how to block... You should be taking advantage of them too! Smiley Very Happy


It's fair. It's just as easy to dodge as every other move in the game. Not to mention that you can just BLOCK the dam(n) machete. This thread was aimed at people like you.


The thing thats not fair is that some characters like Sweet Tooth and EC have stupidly easy hit confirms, while about 1/4 of the roster doesn't have one at all. Either every character needs to have one or nobody should have any (I would personally prefer that nobody has any because they have very little risk, very high reward and for the most part take very little skill to execute).

 

The arguement that the setups are easy to block is stupid too, because sure its not that hard to dodge the setup moves a few times, but its not like they can't use it again and again until it hits (using other moves too of course). I don't care how good at dodging or blocking you are, you're going to be hit by it eventually against a good player.

 

I'm probably going to get slammed for making this post, but I honestly don't see how people can think that its ok for most of the roster to have something as helpful as this while others do not. I don't expect a fix for this, but to think that this game is perfectly balanced like this is moronic.

____________________________________________________________
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Accomplishments:
1st Ever rank 999 (only for full game, not beta)
1st Ever Double Black Belt In 1st 2 seasons (2v2 and Free For All)
1st Ever Black Belt (Acquired in Free For All)
1st Ever 2v2 Player to 300, 400, 500-1300 wins
1st Ever 2v2 Player to Black Belt level 300
1st Ever Free For All Player to Black Belt level 100
2nd Ever 2v2 Black Belt
Message 17 of 37 (170 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/21/2008
Offline
1819 posts
 

Re: OMG so sick of cheap spammers and hit confirm supers!! SUPERBOT MuSt FiX ThIS!

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

Is this that "new-age" way of being clever and ironic? Huh, it's about as effective as second half of that last Captain America film...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 18 of 37 (164 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
54 posts
 

Re: OMG so sick of cheap spammers and hit confirm supers!! SUPERBOT MuSt FiX ThIS!

Dec 30, 2012

Strife93 wrote:

Is this that "new-age" way of being clever and ironic? Huh, it's about as effective as second half of that last Captain America film...


No, this is my way of telling people that your playstation controller has more than circle, triangle, and square. I'm not saying that it's possible to always dodge a hit confirm every single time, or to dodge every super ever always, or to stop every spammer always, but with practice you can learn how to do it to a point where you win almost every time against people who spam the most basic things and do the same moves over and over, and the only way you'll lose to such poor gameplay is when you make a mistake, or when you get some awful lag. 

 

This is not addressed towards higher level gameplay, this is addressed to people who complain about things that I happen to play against as well and seem to not have much trouble against anymore. Why is that you may ask? Because I learned how to play better. 

 

I haven't lost to any character in this game in ages. But I have lost to all sorts of skilled players, and I get out played all the time.

Message 19 of 37 (149 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/21/2008
Offline
1819 posts
 

Re: OMG so sick of cheap spammers and hit confirm supers!! SUPERBOT MuSt FiX ThIS!

Dec 30, 2012

SwampMidget wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Is this that "new-age" way of being clever and ironic? Huh, it's about as effective as second half of that last Captain America film...


No, this is my way of telling people that your playstation controller has more than circle, triangle, and square. I'm not saying that it's possible to always dodge a hit confirm every single time, or to dodge every super ever always, or to stop every spammer always, but with practice you can learn how to do it to a point where you win almost every time against people who spam the most basic things and do the same moves over and over, and the only way you'll lose to such poor gameplay is when you make a mistake, or when you get some awful lag. 

 

This is not addressed towards higher level gameplay, this is addressed to people who complain about things that I happen to play against as well and seem to not have much trouble against anymore. Why is that you may ask? Because I learned how to play better. 

 

I haven't lost to any character in this game in ages. But I have lost to all sorts of skilled players, and I get out played all the time.


It's not what you say, though. It's how you say it. When you open with a line like this, it's very easy to be quickly dismissed as just another pretentious forum-dweller.

I have no problem with people raising concerns or citing possible imbalances. That being said, people are still finding ways around things (such as Evil Cole's GP) and SB shouldn't be hasty with "fixing" things. But that's what the forum is here for, to TALK about these things, not silence one another.

Based on your response, you do seem very well spoken and capable of actualizing your thoughts properly. I just feel that a thread like this is... beneath you, in some weird way... Smiley Indifferent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 20 of 37 (135 Views)
Reply
0 Likes