Sep 30 2012
By: Revenger-cm Uncharted Territory 1469 posts

Now i want to be honest.

29 replies 465 views Edited Sep 30, 2012

The first week i was in the forum, i tough everyone wanted some certain characters, until i notice mostly ppl wanted these old dead cartoony characters over modern and famous characters. I was really surprise of that, but of course i had to agree with the mayority of the ppl on the forum, so i said i also wanted Crash,Spyro,Sora,Dart,Croc,Gex,Ico,Wander,Tomba etc. etc. but now i will be in my honest opinion...

I hated most of them. Crash is the only 1 i like from all those old dead cartoony characters and only because it was my childhood, if it wasn't for that, he would be just a shadow that i never care about. Spyro meh, after spyro the dragon all the games were lame for me. Sora was great but i still think adding a character who is always on a Disney enviroment with Kratos, Cole, Cloud would be inapporpiate. Tomba,Spike,Medevil,Gex,Croc,Wander,Ico,Dart,Parappa never heard of them until now.

Now that we clear on that, lets go on how many sells this game would get depending on the characters. Crash<Kratos, Spyro<Cole, Spike<Raiden, Dart<Dante, SirDaniel<Sweet Tooth, Kat<Bid Daddy. Lets get this straight, outside this forums... yes outside, (sorry for my vulgar language) they give a **bleep** if Crash is in or not. They won't buy the game for Crash, trust me, they will buy it for the GoW, not some purple dragon or a boy with monkeys or even a racoon who steals from animals etc. (you see how sense that makes). Sly cooper, Jak, Ratchet, Rayman, Crash,Spyro and thats it... thats it! All the others are garbage that are unknown to ppl right now. I told a friend that parappa was in he tough that would suck, and that spike would aso suck (his words). So those 6 characters (maybe i left 1 or 2)  are representing the side of kiddish or cartoony of the PS3 but when you go to gamestop or ask ppl which game they are going to buy, walla! They always talking about GoW, Infamous, Killzone, Resistance, Cod, Battlefield etc. etc. etc. all those mature rated games, thats what PS3 sells, and in order to sell more with PSASBR, they need the biggest selling characters, while of course, representing PS at the same time.

So ppl, just ignore the threads about ppl hating the game and cancelling pre-orders. PPL who are buying the game for Sir Daniel or Spike or parappa are about, some 20%. Ppl buying the game for the mature characters, are about 80%. This game has been mareketed slowly but you soon will see what i'm talking about, talk to your FPS friends to see what do they think. This forum is not the mayority, is not even 0.01% of the PS community. Ppl don't want Crash Over Kratos or Spyro over Cole. I also posted a reaction video (where's cole and jak). Cole got the highest reaction. The character that is in a game which sells more.

Anyways guys, i'm buying the game, probably my main game for PS, for next year. Buying every DLC (even if it has characters i don't want). I'll be having a blast playing this game, does not matter amount of characters, does not matter which are, does not matter because i have waiting so many years since brawl for a game like this for PS. You don't truly understand PS if you can't agree on this. Good day.

DC Universe and Playstation Home
Message 1 of 30 (465 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Re: Now i want to be honest.

Sep 30, 2012
I kinda agree but wander??? An old dead cartoon character? They just made the ico collection, so he's definitely not old or dead! And he's not even really cartoon, I'd say artistic.

Message 2 of 30 (443 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

Sep 30, 2012
if you dont like the older characters thats fine. But some people, me included, like the old school characters and want them to "revived again" in this game that celebrates Playstation history.

ouyofo.jpg

Message 3 of 30 (435 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1469 posts

Sep 30, 2012
sorry wobbles. I just put a chunk of them, i was not sure of Shadow the Collosus being revived at this moments on the PS3.

Xarf, i understand, but we need to expect the mature rated characters who has double, triple or even more of a fan base than others. Its Superbot work to get more money and we can't argue with that. So expect those to be on top of the ones this forums wants.
Message 4 of 30 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Sep 30, 2012
TL;DR
Message 5 of 30 (410 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Sep 30, 2012
Yeah, I'm ok with that. Most of all, I want the game to be fun but I also really want SuperBot to succeed and if newer characters is what they need to do it, that's fine. The game is still super fun either way and if SuperBot does well financially its more of likely we will get dlc and a sequel!

Message 6 of 30 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
572 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2012

Ive never said I dont want those newer more "mature" characters in the game. I just also wanted oldies like Dart, Crash, Spyro, etc

plus, snake is and Oldie too

ouyofo.jpg

Message 7 of 30 (405 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Sep 30, 2012
You'd be surprise how many of these charecter the 'average' gamer remembers. A couple of my friends who are brain dead when it comes to gaming were psyched with Ratchet, Sir Daniel & Parappa making the cut because they'd played those games when they were younger back when they were huuuge games. I doubt most of the younger audience will recognise such charecters but even the most casual of gamers (I'm talking gamers who play FIFA & Call of Duty almost exlusively now adays) will recognise a few of the older charecters, even if they are 'cartoons' simply because that's what appealed to them when they came out.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 8 of 30 (390 Views)
Wastelander
572 posts

Sep 30, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
You'd be surprise how many of these charecter the 'average' gamer remembers. A couple of my friends who are brain dead when it comes to gaming were psyched with Ratchet, Sir Daniel & Parappa making the cut because they'd played those games when they were younger back when they were huuuge games. I doubt most of the younger audience will recognise such charecters but even the most casual of gamers (I'm talking gamers who play FIFA & Call of Duty almost exlusively now adays) will recognise a few of the older charecters, even if they are 'cartoons' simply because that's what appealed to them when they came out.

that too

ouyofo.jpg

Message 9 of 30 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1469 posts

Sep 30, 2012
There still hope Xarf, since those are the second choices on the side of those cartoon characters, Crash Spyro, Cloud taking the first choices. Just don't expect them in game disc. We can agree that everyone was surprise Daniel, Spike, Parappa , Fat princess and Big daddy made it to the game. Others are perfectly fine as the first characters for their first game, if there's a sequel. Anyways, i just want Crash, maybe Cloud and Spyro. But i we can see it clearly now. Most of the ppl who got the beta are from forum, which they want cartoon>mature and when ppl is playing on the beta, right now is mature>cartoon most played. But it can be changed of which characters are most played in the final game.

Yes wobbles. Awesome game either way.
Message 10 of 30 (382 Views)
0 Likes