Highlighted
Nov 19 2012
By: tonesarts First Son 16 posts

Not satisfied about the lack of unlockable characters to play

15 replies 327 views Edited Nov 19, 2012

Hi everybody, this has been messing around my head since it went official, and really i don't know if i am the only one who see this as a big disappointment so i wanted to share it just to know other opinions.

Sony has a long history of great characters wich deserve to be in this game, so when the list of characters stopped sprouting, i thought that maybe other strong characters must be hidden for the delight of the fans, as in any healthier brawler/fighting videogame, this normal feature always give a high boost to the replay value of this genre.

So to make the story short, developers decided to not to put hidden/locked characters and instead give all the extra content of this kind as DLC's... The reason of this as i could understand was because they wanted to offer gamers everything that they saw while the game was being announced since the very first day (i think maybe the reason of it is because they ran out of time).

From my perspective i see this as a big mistake, because, yeah, maybe in the future will have to download all the characters we wanted, Wander, Ico, Tomba, Fencer Musashi, Cloud, Lara, even Crash and Spyro or freakin' Mario bros if this world go nuts, but the feeling will not be the same. Sometimes it really worth playing trough the game over and over again for the hope of getting and extra reason to exploit it to new levels -Yes we have extras, but i reffering here to playable characters and maybe other game modes and options, not only fancy aesthetics- , as well, letting us master the new discovered features is other strong reason to keep us attached to it.

To conclude with this post i have to say that with all this media exposal and no secret chars decisions feels like Superbot is giving us everything practically solved because we are stupid or lame players, or like if they don't do things that way we will never get to deeply understand what they meaned to achieve with this game. They are taking it a little bit  too serious in a way that they aren't letting us enjoy and discover things by ourselves. Don't get me wrong, i don't have hard feelings against the company nor the game, again, it's just my opinion about how all this situation feels.

At the end is sure thing that i'll buy it and give it a try, the things that changed are that i'm not getting it since day one -because, there isn't offering nothing else besides of what i already knew- and i will check every review about it to see what results to be.

Message 1 of 16 (327 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1094 posts

Re: Not satisfied about the lack of unlockable characters to play

Nov 19, 2012

LACK? it does not exist.....

Message 2 of 16 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

Nov 19, 2012
Really, the beta leak is what mostly affected this game. Once that thing went down... well.. you know what happened from there.
Message 3 of 16 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Nov 19, 2012

I'm so glad I don't have to unlock characters. I really hated having to play through the story mode in SSBB to unlock characters. And release night I didn't get to play using my most anticipated character because he was not unlocked. Its a fighting game, let me have my choice of characters right off the bat. 

I support Super Bot in this. 

Check out my video game blog: http://pixeltrowel.wordpress.com
I don't regurgitate, I provide valuable opinion. Delve into video games with me.
Message 4 of 16 (281 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Nov 19, 2012
The one thing u hate about modern fighting games is the fact that every character is unlocked from the start, at least you could unlock cyber sub-zero and quan chi in mk9
[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 5 of 16 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

Nov 19, 2012

first of all: Welcome to the forums Smiley Very Happy.

yep, the lack of characters is pretty high, but they have some cool characters in, DLC is coming, ( recently announed kat and graves as FREE )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

original.png

Message 6 of 16 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 19, 2012
you just noticed this now?
Play For Fun!
Message 7 of 16 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Nov 19, 2012

I understand where Superbot is coming from, but I do agree that we need better unlockable stuff, things that will make us work hard to achieve. If the polygon skin of characters were an unlockable, I'd have fun working towards it. I'd also like to see extra, unlockable game modes and/or stages and items. Heck, if there was an option to start the game with half the roster and have to go through arcade with the other half to unlock, I'd be fine with that

Message 8 of 16 (224 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Nov 19, 2012
I think it's fine

Message 9 of 16 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Nov 19, 2012
^ Exactly. This game IMO, would have been better if there were at least 2 or 3 characters. I dont like the things they want you to unlock because they dony appeal to me. Titles?Backgrounds? Who cares about those things? They could at least had unlockable game modes to have a variety and make it some what entertaining, but once you've unlocked all those titles and backgrounds, what else do you have. Nothing. I miss the old days of fighting games that challenged you to unlock things and had unlockable characters, that's what made fighting games fun.
"I'm the bad guy......I'm fine with that."
Message 10 of 16 (206 Views)
0 Likes