Dec 27 2012
By: KiDMachTwo Wastelander 579 posts

Not all Slys are bad...

25 replies 347 views Edited Dec 27, 2012

From the first day of beta, sly has been my only character. I loved the Sly games growing up, hes an icon for me, so when i bought this game, i used him.

Now, a lot of people have problems with him. Mainly, his invisibily. Now, as a Sly player, i used the heck out of it the first couple weeks. But, over time, I learned its a pretty douchey thing to do to be invisible non stop. So now, i hardly use it. I pretty much only use it to get out of the fight for a second, or on Alden's Tower for the AP bubble at the top. I'm a courtesy player, i like to be in the fight.

That being said, sometimes, I HAVE to use it. I cant block, or roll, or air dodge. Its my only defense (I dont like using the teleport. Its cheap as all hell)'

But what bugs me is the constant messages I recieve calling me cheap, and an invisibily spammer. Like, how else am i supposed to avoid getting it handed to me? If i HAVE to use it, I will, but other than that, L1 is a pretty unused button for me.

Sly players, be courties (SP?) when playing online. Other characters, learn the difference between spamming, and strategy. Just because i use it every now and then doesnt mean im being cheap.

/rant

PSN: SlyZoneCooper
Mains: Big Daddy, Sweet Tooth
Learning: Ratchet, Sir Daniel
Message 1 of 26 (347 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Re: Not all Slys are bad...

Dec 27, 2012
yolo
Message 2 of 26 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
88 posts

Dec 27, 2012
part of playing sly well is being invisible the entire match or at least after you counter.
Message 3 of 26 (310 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 27, 2012
Sly kinda needs to be invisible and even in FFA you can still keep track of him so you shouldn't feel any need to stay visible if there's no benefit to do is just because some players aren't keeping an eye on you. They don't realised he can't dodge supers or block attacks so will just complain rather than adapt.
Message 4 of 26 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
88 posts

Dec 27, 2012

CalDW19940 wrote:
Sly kinda needs to be invisible and even in FFA you can still keep track of him so you shouldn't feel any need to stay visible if there's no benefit to do is just because some players aren't keeping an eye on you. They don't realised he can't dodge supers or block attacks so will just complain rather than adapt.

Sly can dodge supers by blinking.

Message 5 of 26 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Dec 27, 2012

Here's the funny thing about being invisible as Sly, YOU CAN'T SEE HIM EITHER!

Sure you can kind of tell the area because you are the one inputting the buttons, but it's still a guess sometimes. If you lose track of him in the chaos, you can end up being way out of position. The players who can remain invisible for a long time are good and should be rewarded with their skill by annoying the crap out of their opponents and making their job harder.

I main Sly as well. He's the only character that I have their moves memorized. I don't go invisible that often as well. It's easier to gain AP when I can see myself and characters come to me.

Message 6 of 26 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Dec 27, 2012
Sly is the only character I have trouble fighting...seriously the best character in the game :/...oh we'll...I main heihachi and sir Danny
Add me PSN: x2FKx
Message 7 of 26 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
847 posts

Dec 27, 2012
The only prob i have with sly is his lv1, its "uncancellabel" and unblockable
Message 8 of 26 (205 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
914 posts

Dec 27, 2012

it would be nice to see some sly mains to use combos......majority of them mash parry.....invisibility does't bother me it's what they have to do to survive

meme3485470395
Message 9 of 26 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Dec 27, 2012

Kudos for you not using invisiblitity. Not gonna keep others from spamming invisibility, counters, and unblockable supers. the character does not nned invisibility and counter. This guy can counter everything in the game and do supers out of invisibility. Yeah you can see sly while he is invisible, but with so much stuff going on in the match majority of the time, people lose track of him. He do not need be invisible the whole time L1 is pressed. It needs to be timed. Too many people playing with the guy and is spammming all his overpowered counters. Guy is too cheap builds meter too quickly and needs to be nerfed.

Message 10 of 26 (184 Views)
0 Likes