Nov 30 2012
By: PinaChronic Wastelander 637 posts

Not a Full Sackboy Nerf... Just His Level 3!

38 replies 545 views Edited Nov 30, 2012

So everyone is complaining about Sackboy, and many people think he is very overpowered, while others think he isn't much of a challenge. The problem with Sackboy is this:

Whenever he gets his level 3, its an instant double kill. Here's where it gets worse. When you respawn, its on the ground where a normal respawn is, and yes, you get a halo for 2-3 seconds, but because of how slow you move when in bubble form, you can't get away from him. He then picks up another 2 before his ult is up.

It's just too much for an ultimate. Here's what I think will fix that:

• Make his ultimate only last for one kill for each opponent. It is still 2 kills and is a gamechanger.
  • Make the respawns in hard to reach areas so the other team can have a chance to dodge him.

What do you guys think? I mean, other champions have a clear the battlefield type ultimate, but then it ends. I think that's only fair.

Photobucket
999 With Sir Dan! Seasons with Belt--Green: 4 Red: 2 Purple: 2 Brown: 1
Message 1 of 39 (545 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
417 posts

Re: Not a Full Sackboy Nerf... Just His Level 3!

Nov 30, 2012

yeah i also think it is his level 3 that needs a nerf

even seth killian said he wanted a nerf on wednesday night fights

Photobucket
Message 2 of 39 (531 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2443 posts

Nov 30, 2012
i've gotten 8 kills with Nariko's level 3. and 7 with radecs. if you nerf sackboy's level 3, then they'd have to nerf everybody's level 3. just to be "fair"
Message 3 of 39 (531 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 30, 2012

PinaChronic wrote:

So everyone is complaining about Sackboy, and many people think he is very overpowered, while others think he isn't much of a challenge. The problem with Sackboy is this:

Whenever he gets his level 3, its an instant double kill. Here's where it gets worse. When you respawn, its on the ground where a normal respawn is, and yes, you get a halo for 2-3 seconds, but because of how slow you move when in bubble form, you can't get away from him. He then picks up another 2 before his ult is up.

It's just too much for an ultimate. Here's what I think will fix that:

• Make his ultimate only last for one kill for each opponent. It is still 2 kills and is a gamechanger.
  • Make the respawns in hard to reach areas so the other team can have a chance to dodge him.

What do you guys think? I mean, other champions have a clear the battlefield type ultimate, but then it ends. I think that's only fair.

The only change that needs to be made is to not respawn in the bubbles so you have a fighting chance and the Sackboy actually has to have skill to get the extra kills. Maybe a slightly shorter timer.

Message 4 of 39 (530 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Actually what I would think that could work for his level 3 is to make the characters in bubbles be able to move just a bit faster not by a lot just a bit faster.

Message 5 of 39 (518 Views)
Survivor
2383 posts

Nov 30, 2012

GnomeWizard wrote:
i've gotten 8 kills with Nariko's level 3. and 7 with radecs. if you nerf sackboy's level 3, then they'd have to nerf everybody's level 3. just to be "fair"

sackboys is the cheapest level 3 in the game and the most powerful that is considered broken

even FPs costs more than his

Monkey D. Luffy (one piece) "I'm the man who's going to be the Pirate King!"
Guts (berserk) " I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. "
Message 6 of 39 (514 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Nov 30, 2012
Like someone else mentioned, if you could just move faster when in the bubbles that might help make dodging easier
Message 7 of 39 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Nov 30, 2012

yeah, lets nerf the character that constantly relys on getting his level 3 every game to win. In comparison there are characters that can get multiple level 3s in a game. if you nerf sackboys super, then you are going to either have to nerf a lot of peoples level threes, or buff his other supers.

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Message 8 of 39 (503 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Nov 30, 2012
@mogilicudi sackboy level 1 and 2 are great already and he doesn't have to depend on that level 3 to win at all..also sackboy is one of the characters that can get multiple level 3s in a match.
Message 9 of 39 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2443 posts

Nov 30, 2012
if they patch sackboy's level 3 then they need to patch Raiden's level 2, and big daddy's level 2. you can get more than 3 kills with both of those and they're level 2's -.-
Message 10 of 39 (488 Views)
0 Likes