Sep 18 2012
By: this_is_Marko Gaming Beast 2075 posts

Not Sure I'm Digging the Music

15 replies 365 views Edited Sep 18, 2012

I've been watching a livestream of the beta and have really been enjoying what i've seen.  The one thing that i'm not really digging though is the music played during the fights.  It just seems very mellow to me and doesn't really pump me up.  How does everyone else feel about it?  Do you think Superbot might put in the feature to play music from your ps3 in the game instead of the in game music? I've only seen a handful of fighting games do this but it works to great effect

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 16 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
745 posts

Re: Not Sure I'm Digging the Music

[ Edited ]
Sep 18, 2012

The music is way too calm

I think it should be more fast paced and exciting

LUDICROUS_BANANA STRIKES AGAIN!

Fadi is the greatest sig creator within 1 mile
Message 2 of 16 (352 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Sep 18, 2012

Pretty sure they've said that they won't be doing the playing custom music thing. It may have changed, but last I heard, Omar said it wouldn't be implemented.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 3 of 16 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Sep 18, 2012
No thanks I prefer the actual soundtracks from each game.
Message 4 of 16 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

Sep 18, 2012
For the Vita, you could play your own music and play the game at the same time. That'll help some for people who don't like the soundtrack.

Idk for the PS3 though.
Message 5 of 16 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Sep 18, 2012

how do you guys feel about the music?

Message 6 of 16 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

Sep 18, 2012
^Not going to lie...I've been watching the videos on mute the whole time.
Message 7 of 16 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 18, 2012

I actully like the music, my question to you, Marko, have you played the game? if you've only seen streams/videos then my word to you is, wait untill you've tried to play, I personaly like the soundtrack, it might be kinda calm, but when you have 3 opponents on the screen and is trying to rack up some kill, trust me, you won't notice the music too much, you simply have enough to concentrate on, if you are listening to the music alone, I agree, it's calm, but tied together with the nature of the game (the chaos, constantly looking out for supers, watching out for possible combo moments/super attack moments) it's really okay IMO (I've only played the Hong Kong beta)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos is always appreciated

All Stars Theme
Message 8 of 16 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1779 posts

Sep 18, 2012

The character select screen music is REALLY good. I love it.

And I think the music during the fights is a step up from the music from the Summer beta. The music in that beta hardly sounded "remixed"; for the most part it sounded like SuperBot just set the two tracks to play one after another without any type of remixing.

You can definitely hear it now, especially in the Hades stage. I like it a lot, but I definitely agree that some tracks feel a little too slow paced and calm for this type of fast paced game. I haven't heard how LBP stage sounds in the new beta; hopefully it's changed, because that was by far my least favorite of all the tracks.

Oh, and SuperBot's finally added death screams! YEESSSS!!!!

Message 9 of 16 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Sep 18, 2012

Dispy657 wrote:

I actully like the music, my question to you, Marko, have you played the game? if you've only seen streams/videos then my word to you is, wait untill you've tried to play, I personaly like the soundtrack, it might be kinda calm, but when you have 3 opponents on the screen and is trying to rack up some kill, trust me, you won't notice the music too much, you simply have enough to concentrate on, if you are listening to the music alone, I agree, it's calm, but tied together with the nature of the game (the chaos, constantly looking out for supers, watching out for possible combo moments/super attack moments) it's really okay IMO (I've only played the Hong Kong beta)

i actually haven't played it yet.  music just has a huge impact on me in a lot of different mediums (movies, games, etc) 

Message 10 of 16 (232 Views)
0 Likes