Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Re: Noob Storm Incoming Tomorrow. Get Excited.

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2012

Ya sorry lol.

But anyway that's cool and your opinion. I however like watching videos of my character at high level play to see some things I can take from it. Also I'm talking about the real casual gamers here. The ones that simply run in and slam square, never use block/dodge, have no idea how to throw. THATS what I mean. If they don;t learn fast they prolly won;t like the game if theyre THAT bad. doesn't hurt to try and help. Stuff you need to use but have no idea about if you;re casual and prolly stuff you'll never end up finding out on your own. Some people need direction not saying you do. Who do you play? my beta main so far is Sly. I believe him to be the most powerful character in the beta and make's easily the best partner in 2v2s for anyone.

PSN : PsYkiiiK and also FroZiiiN.... PsYkiiiK is always on PSASBR HMU for some 1v1s
Message 61 of 73 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2012

I've only had a quick game at a convention but I was pretty good with Big Daddy.. Not much good for the beta Smiley Very Happy I have no idea how the others really play but I want to try out Fat Princess and Sly Smiley Happy Any hints for these characters? I know Sly's evasive style but Fat Princess seems like quite an eccentric character.

JJWheatley-Sig2.png
Message 62 of 73 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2012

Sly is pretty tough to play honestly. You need to be very fast in and out and able to change your playstyle/approach up on the fly. Sadly there isn;t any one move on sly thtat makes him usable. It was awful playig as sly until I get used to his ENTIRE moveset. Things I can say to get you started however is hold L1 as often as possible. Don;t dedicate yourself you anything unless you know you can escape. Your your super jump/parachute/invisibility to confuse your enemies and try to bate them into attack thinking maybe you'll be behind them and punish this. His 2 best moves are his decoy (neutral circle counter attack) and his teleport (up triangle) Essentially they are sly's block and dodge. Teleport and decoy get you out of a lot of hairy situations but again you have to be extremely fast. Sly is not a combo character. I like to be in the air most of the time. His forward circle is good for faking people out and getting away from things while putting obstacles up between you and an opponent and using your down triagle to confuse them (pretty amazing ability) I grab a lot with sly and tend to work towards them having no meter as opposed to me getting a ton of it. By playing like this however you gain a ton as sly can land backstabs take gain decent AP and steal it as well all while staying invisible. His forward triangle is good because it has armor and priority over a lot of normal attacks and it's safe on block. I will be writing a guide on Sly soon on Playstationallstarsarena.com Thats the forums I like most.

As for fat princess she utilizes her "assists." She can call in little people to do something for her like throw a fireball for example. The beauty of this is that it recquires no dedication on peaches part. You can still block, attack, dodge, anything as you cast her spells so she has very safe gameplay because she essentially fights 2v1

PSN : PsYkiiiK and also FroZiiiN.... PsYkiiiK is always on PSASBR HMU for some 1v1s
Message 63 of 73 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Oct 23, 2012
Forgot to mention Sly's Up circle and down square. Both really good moves that if used right offer not only mobility but even more in and out shenanigans
Message 64 of 73 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
313 posts

Oct 23, 2012

I have been playing on vita but thought it was going to be free on ps3 today. I have not seen it just the ps plus one unless the store did not update yet.

Message 65 of 73 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Oct 23, 2012

You're being a little bit insensitive to beginners. Remember that it's just a bit of fun and don't discourage new players. You wouldn't want people calling you a noob and talking down to you if you hadn't been in the beta.

Message 66 of 73 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2012

That's why I'm not calling people a noob. I'm trying to help and if someone can;t take critque on their play then whatever that's their fault not mine. If they wanna stay bad thats fine. All I'm saying is I will be trying to actively help new people get better if they are willing to listen and sit in training mode. People need to stop getting so offended at constructive criticism and stop being so lazy. I hate when people play for 20 hours but can't take 5 minutes to read a guide or watch a video to get better at their character. I only talked down about those people who think theyre the best and arent even close but still get mad and dissapointed and talk **bleep** about the game. I hate people making opinions about games they are bad at I really do

Message 67 of 73 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Oct 23, 2012
My Kratos is ready for the smackdown.
Message 68 of 73 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
313 posts

Oct 23, 2012

so is the beta free today for everyone on ps3

Message 69 of 73 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Oct 23, 2012

FroZiiiN wrote:

That's why I'm not calling people a noob. I'm trying to help and if someone can;t take critque on their play then whatever that's their fault not mine. If they wanna stay bad thats fine. All I'm saying is I will be trying to actively help new people get better if they are willing to listen and sit in training mode. People need to stop getting so offended at constructive criticism and stop being so lazy. I hate when people play for 20 hours but can't take 5 minutes to read a guide or watch a video to get better at their character. I only talked down about those people who think theyre the best and arent even close but still get mad and dissapointed and talk **bleep** about the game. I hate people making opinions about games they are bad at I really do

Sorry I was actually talking more to the guy who made this thread.

Message 70 of 73 (33 Views)
0 Likes