Fender Bender
3716 posts

Re: Nolan North.

Oct 21, 2012

COREYMCGUIRE1993 wrote:

achus93again wrote:

honestly, when it comes to voice acting, i'd prefer jennifer hale...

What's your favorite character she voices?

my 2 top favourites of her are

fem.shep from mass effect

and naomi from metal gear solid

Play For Fun!
Message 21 of 51 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 21, 2012
The Indiana Jones comparison baffles me. Save for the obvious inspiration & ideas - the game really stands on its two feet, so much so that it's other inspiration has opted to become a carbon copy of it (Tomb Raider).
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 22 of 51 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Oct 21, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
The Indiana Jones comparison baffles me. Save for the obvious inspiration & ideas - the game really stands on its two feet, so much so that it's other inspiration has opted to become a carbon copy of it (Tomb Raider).

yeah, i heard a story from a podcast,

where this one guy, when he was touring the place 'cause they wanted him to work for them, 

they kept saying "we're not uncharted"

Play For Fun!
Message 23 of 51 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 21, 2012

sawao_yama wrote:
So you hated tomb raider to I see coz you know it's trying to be Indiana jones with a chick.

Oh no, I hated Indiana Jones for first introducing a character who had less personality and was fawned over for massive breasticles. Basically, the thing you'd expect dumb hormone-starting 12 year olds to fawn over. Only after for the Jonesy stuff.

And no its not so much treasure hunting. Its the fact that Drake is today's stereotype for the 'perfect man'. Here we are in a world full of brown hair blue eye games and this guy is basically leading the dang charge for being the most brown hair blue eye genericism the gaming world can throw at us.

I've played Uncharted 1, and Uncharted 2. My magnificent brain made sure I never touched Uncharted 3. Several plot elements are just blatantly ripped; either from Indiana Jones, or even the newer National Treasure stuff. (Uncharted 2, National Treasure. obvious introduction 'he was a good friend of mine' betrays him and becomes the foremost villain in search of another treasure. When you're beaten by Nicholas Cage, something's gone horribly wrong.)

In terms of really great voice actors though, lemme tell you guys about the story of Michael Bell. THAT is a classy voice.

Message 24 of 51 (100 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Oct 21, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

sawao_yama wrote:
So you hated tomb raider to I see coz you know it's trying to be Indiana jones with a chick.

Oh no, I hated Indiana Jones for first introducing a character who had less personality and was fawned over for massive breasticles. Basically, the thing you'd expect dumb hormone-starting 12 year olds to fawn over. Only after for the Jonesy stuff.

And no its not so much treasure hunting. Its the fact that Drake is today's stereotype for the 'perfect man'. Here we are in a world full of brown hair blue eye games and this guy is basically leading the dang charge for being the most brown hair blue eye genericism the gaming world can throw at us.

I've played Uncharted 1, and Uncharted 2. My magnificent brain made sure I never touched Uncharted 3. Several plot elements are just blatantly ripped; either from Indiana Jones, or even the newer National Treasure stuff. (Uncharted 2, National Treasure. obvious introduction 'he was a good friend of mine' betrays him and becomes the foremost villain in search of another treasure. When you're beaten by Nicholas Cage, something's gone horribly wrong.)

In terms of really great voice actors though, lemme tell you guys about the story of Michael Bell. THAT is a classy voice.

im not wanting to start an argument or anything. I just wanna have a discussion.

Can you compare what uncharted has done to rip off said films?

Message 25 of 51 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 21, 2012

Adventurer character, the main character searching for archaeological ruins, whom is a wisecracker. Female characters, usually a love interest of some sort, and the only ones that actually get to 'be' with him are the cynical, 'why am I even bothering with this guy' types (see Marion Ravenwood of Indiana Jones and Elena Fisher of Uncharted), whom work with their father at least once during their adventures. All of the adventures have some supernatural element to them, and some of them have 'villains' that were either previous good friends, linked to a military of some sort, or part of the ruins themselves.

There's a few.

Message 26 of 51 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 21, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Adventurer character, the main character searching for archaeological ruins, whom is a wisecracker. Female characters, usually a love interest of some sort, and the only ones that actually get to 'be' with him are the cynical, 'why am I even bothering with this guy' types (see Marion Ravenwood of Indiana Jones and Elena Fisher of Uncharted), whom work with their father at least once during their adventures. All of the adventures have some supernatural element to them, and some of them have 'villains' that were either previous good friends, linked to a military of some sort, or part of the ruins themselves.

There's a few.

wait drake worked with his father? o.0 may have forgotten lol, when?

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 27 of 51 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Oct 21, 2012
I watched this months ago, I found it interesting
Message 28 of 51 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 21, 2012

Father figure. Since Drake was orphaned and all, I consider Sully the adoptive father of sorts.

Message 29 of 51 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 21, 2012
Message 30 of 51 (61 Views)
0 Likes