519 posts

Re: No reveals tonight....

Sep 22, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

AZTEK--24 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

AZTEK--24 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Well, actually, it's 22+ on disk according to PG, if we want to get technical.

Nope he said 22+, he didnt say on disk

Notice how he's repeatedly said that there are more characters left?  Yeah.

Never said on-disk or DLC. I'm not saying that I think there is only 20 there will probably be more but I'm just giving both sides here

Considering DLC being made this early on would kill the series immediately, it's not going to happen until the game's completely done.  SuperBot have said themselves that they'd be putting as much on-disk as possible before it goes gold and then they'd work on DLC.  If this were a sequel to an established series, I could understand the DLC argument, but it's not; if Sony tried milking the game this early on, they'd be losing money because they'd kill both their own reputation and the PSAS series before it even gets off the ground.  Not to mention the month-long delay that was made to add more stuff on-disk and finish the game that they're not done with yet.  It's a 50 man team, and they would not be able to start DLC for at least another month in the first place, and that's if SuperBot worked fast and got the whole game done a month early.  

Who said DLC had to be made this early? It be closer/after release

Join my tournament!
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Tag-Team-Takedown-Tournament/m-p/37621483#M18186
Message 41 of 56 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 22, 2012

AZTEK--24 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

AZTEK--24 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

AZTEK--24 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Never said on-disk or DLC. I'm not saying that I think there is only 20 there will probably be more but I'm just giving both sides here

Considering DLC being made this early on would kill the series immediately, it's not going to happen until the game's completely done.  SuperBot have said themselves that they'd be putting as much on-disk as possible before it goes gold and then they'd work on DLC.  If this were a sequel to an established series, I could understand the DLC argument, but it's not; if Sony tried milking the game this early on, they'd be losing money because they'd kill both their own reputation and the PSAS series before it even gets off the ground.  Not to mention the month-long delay that was made to add more stuff on-disk and finish the game that they're not done with yet.  It's a 50 man team, and they would not be able to start DLC for at least another month in the first place, and that's if SuperBot worked fast and got the whole game done a month early.  

Yes, and PG confirmed 22 characters right now.  There are 22 characters completed right now.  How would those two characters be DLC if they're done now and DLC's not going to be made for another month or two?

That was the point I was getting at.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 42 of 56 (321 Views)
Sackboy
519 posts

Sep 22, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

AZTEK--24 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

AZTEK--24 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

AZTEK--24 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Yes, and PG confirmed 22 characters right now.  There are 22 characters completed right now.  How would those two characters be DLC if they're done now and DLC's not going to be made for another month or two?

That was the point I was getting at.

No one said  the other 2 character were completed. They could have decided who the DLC is going to be and just not make it yet.

Join my tournament!
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Tag-Team-Takedown-Tournament/m-p/37621483#M18186
Message 43 of 56 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 22, 2012
That's not how DLC works. They either have a separate team working on DLC as a completely separate project that'll never be considered on-disk, or they'll have the main team working on them after the main game is done. Again, they've flat-out said they're not doing DLC until the game's done, so since the game's not done, it's safe to say there's no DLC yet.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 44 of 56 (268 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1197 posts

Sep 22, 2012
superbot seems to be the experts at killing hype I mean they could at least gave us some new modes. Also if this is it they need to say it
Photobucket
Message 45 of 56 (247 Views)
Wastelander
673 posts

Sep 22, 2012
Hahahaahahaa Lmfao no character announcement. For some reason I'm glad I guess its the inner troll in me or maybe its the let down of so many "gimme gimme" hands come back empty at least I know generally what kind of community I'm in :x Buck up champs we still have 2 months fellas install some patients DLC and platinum the waiting game
==========================================================
Join ___Night FFAs (haven't decided on a day yet). HIgh Level FFA and 2V2 with Team AXcel. PLAY..LOSE..RAGE..PLAY..LAUGH..RESPECT, GGs. photo 54cce362-3381-425f-bf19-f430528cde96_zps7d13f457.jpg
Message 46 of 56 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
722 posts

Sep 22, 2012
Heh...try doing a google search of "TGS Reveals." you'll get results from various different forums of people all over dissatisfied with what happened with this game. You don't even have to type PASBR into the search.

I hope Superbot has a marketing strategy that's going to knock this outta the park and make all the naysayers eat crow. I really hope they know what they are doing.
Message 47 of 56 (109 Views)
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Sep 22, 2012

sovietprince wrote:
this was no shorter then lame, no characters, stages, panel, modes, no nothing this really kills my hype

What? did you not watch it?

ハマり度MAX!!
Message 48 of 56 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1609 posts

Sep 22, 2012
they will probably be revealing 4 characters at eurogamer
Message 49 of 56 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Sep 22, 2012
Or maybe they want to keep the rest of the roster secret, because sb wants you to unlock them
Message 50 of 56 (81 Views)
0 Likes