Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Re: No love for Alucard? Dart and Wander should be in this game at all costs!

Aug 15, 2012

RockLeeX wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

CountMario wrote:

I personally beg to differ. I can agree that the 3D games may be sub-par, but I love the portable DS titles and the Lords of Shadow reboot.

So improving gameplay mechanics are a bad thing?

If improving controls means the game's easier, well the developers just might have to INNOVATE in order to make the game harder. Smiley Wink

They impravoed the mechanics but never used innoavtion to keep the game hard, or interesting, or fun for that matter.

Message 21 of 27 (47 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Aug 15, 2012
I think they achieved all of that in SOTN though. But I can't really judge because I've never played the previous Castlvania games.
Message 22 of 27 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Aug 15, 2012

RockLeeX wrote:
I think they achieved all of that in SOTN though. But I can't really judge because I've never played the previous Castlvania games.

I played a good ammount of the with an emulator, but never touched SOTN.

Message 23 of 27 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42126 posts

Aug 15, 2012

RockLeeX wrote:
It doesn't have to be for the PS3.

In fact, I think Legend of Dragoon 2 development would be much easier on the Vita. JRPGs thrive on handhelds these days.

Just think about a LoD game utilizing all the Vita features for flying, combo-ing, magic, etc.

Oh, I'm strongly behind the idea of Sony reviving their old IPs on the Vita alongside some new IPs and the Vita itself would be a good home for all those RPG franchises that Sony is sitting on.  It'd be more managable for them too.

It could go either way though.  People have been harking for LoD2 for some time and to have it finally show up on Vita wouldn't sit well.  They'd end up begging in every article for a PS3 version or go about how the Vita doesn't interest them/doesn't have enough games to warrant the purchase (you know that endless cycle where people go on and on about how it just isn't enough to get them to invest). 

Message 24 of 27 (39 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Aug 15, 2012
You should give it a try. There's a reason why many consider SOTN the best out of the franchise.

So much variety to the gameplay because of the ability to switch forms, so much weapons and equipment, money and leveling up, etc.

At the very least, its a complete package with tight controls.
Message 25 of 27 (34 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Aug 15, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

RockLeeX wrote:
It doesn't have to be for the PS3.

In fact, I think Legend of Dragoon 2 development would be much easier on the Vita. JRPGs thrive on handhelds these days.

Just think about a LoD game utilizing all the Vita features for flying, combo-ing, magic, etc.

Oh, I'm strongly behind the idea of Sony reviving their old IPs on the Vita alongside some new IPs and the Vita itself would be a good home for all those RPG franchises that Sony is sitting on.  It'd be more managable for them too.

It could go either way though.  People have been harking for LoD2 for some time and to have it finally show up on Vita wouldn't sit well.  They'd end up begging in every article for a PS3 version or go about how the Vita doesn't interest them/doesn't have enough games to warrant the purchase (you know that endless cycle where people go on and on about how it just isn't enough to get them to invest). 

True. But if the Vita's the only manageable way for Sony to do it, then they really have no other choice.

Or they could go the way of Crisis Core and offer a prequel, that way people won't feel entitled to the idea that it should only be for consoles. Prequels are more like an option.

Message 26 of 27 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Aug 15, 2012

I guess I will, but I don't see the fun senseless running around when you could just go through the game wich is touched on a lot in the first video i posted.

Message 27 of 27 (30 Views)
0 Likes