Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Re: No characters are overpowered

Jul 27, 2012

Godlike_Shanker wrote:

Red_Ring_Ryko wrote:

I don't know if I was being trolled, but from what I hear, Fat Princess has been rather strong in most builds.

It's way too early to know if anyone is overpowered or not, and what makes a character "overpowered" is often based on the context of how one is playing. A strong 1-on-1 character may not have the proper tools to make doubles as easy, and slower characters can generally get away with more in free for alls because each player is paying attention to so much that they can be caught offguard.

There may very well be overpowered characters, but no one's going to know for absolute sure until the game goes live.

Agreed, it really depends on who you're facing, what stage, your skill level, the opponents' skill level. However, just from my experience with the beta so far, here's more or less what I've seen:

Characters I've won the most with (I rotate, don't have a main yet but will say that those 3 were my top used characters):

1. Sly

2. Radec

3. Kratos

When I lost, the winning character was most often:

1. Sly

2. Radec

3. Fat Princess

Character I've seen win the less with: PaRappa, and the guy controlling him was almost always Dormin lol.

yes Dormin is a nice Parappa. the **bleep** whooped me. he did his level 1 3 times befoe i got my lvl 1 off lol. but then i didnt know about the sly counter. Dormin if i see u again its ON!

Message 11 of 53 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Jul 27, 2012
So he still just spams 1 move? Why does he even still play?
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 12 of 53 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

Jul 27, 2012

If it works, why would he change his playstyle?

Message 13 of 53 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Jul 27, 2012

Even if a character is known to be stronger then the others, it won't stop me from playing as who I want to be. Hopefully everyone plays the game and enjoys it with whichever character they like. Unless I see a game breaking mechanic, which I doubt I'll see, then every character to me will be regarded with the same value of respect.

Unless I hate the IP they are from, but even then I won't judge how they fight.

I appreciate this thread a lot more then the one saying that Radec is cheap. Everyone can use whoever they want in this game and if someone tries to subject a character and the player onto a lower level because they won, that's just pathetic.

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 14 of 53 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Jul 27, 2012
agreed, I initially thought that Sweet Tooth was garbage but than a bunch of people came out saying that they were doing really wel lwith him. It all varies on playstyle. Everyone is worth a shot. I just wish Big Daddy was in the beta so people could finally see if he is as good as he looks.
Message 15 of 53 (94 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Jul 27, 2012

Monkee-King_ wrote:
yes Dormin is a nice Parappa. the **bleep** whooped me. he did his level 1 3 times befoe i got my lvl 1 off lol. but then i didnt know about the sly counter. Dormin if i see u again its ON!

Dormin is the best PaRappa player around that I've seen, I lost like 5 times in a row to him at one point... that mic throw is so frustrating lol.

Message 16 of 53 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Jul 27, 2012
I domt blame him for using him if hes that OP i just dont get why you would play a game you hate.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 17 of 53 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Jul 27, 2012
while watching gameplay i noticed that lots of people use radec
Message 18 of 53 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

Jul 27, 2012

Really? My Fat Princess usually wipes the floor with him. He's like crazy predictable. He'll spam his side-O a bit, go off to a corner and drop his boombox, do a lvl 2 or lvl 3, rinse and repeat. 

Message 19 of 53 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

Jul 27, 2012

stargateheaven wrote:
I domt blame him for using him if hes that OP i just dont get why you would play a game you hate.

To hopefully improve upon it, I suppose. Just because he's not falling over himself with regard to the game doesnt necessarily mean he has nothing productive to offer. He's obviously doing something right if he's schooling most of you.

Message 20 of 53 (72 Views)
0 Likes