Highlighted
Jul 27 2012
By: NoirPixel Sackboy 563 posts

No characters are overpowered

52 replies 248 views Edited Jul 27, 2012
Every character is balanced. Radec has a strong sniper but sucks up close. Fat princess gets 3 kills with a level 1. So wgat who cares? I know this isnt all of them but im just voicing my opinion
Message 1 of 53 (248 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Re: No characters are overpowered

Jul 27, 2012
I agree. From what I've seen, even Fat Princess (who I thought was the weakest) is excellent in the right hands, just like every other character. It'll be hard for serious players to make tier charts, because the game is one of the most balanced I've ever seen (well, in the most recent build, not the Beta build, since there are bugs, move balances, et al. that aren't in the SDCC build from what we've seen).
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 2 of 53 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2012

I don't know if I was being trolled, but from what I hear, Fat Princess has been rather strong in most builds.

It's way too early to know if anyone is overpowered or not, and what makes a character "overpowered" is often based on the context of how one is playing. A strong 1-on-1 character may not have the proper tools to make doubles as easy, and slower characters can generally get away with more in free for alls because each player is paying attention to so much that they can be caught offguard.

There may very well be overpowered characters, but no one's going to know for absolute sure until the game goes live.

Message 3 of 53 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1469 posts

Jul 27, 2012
I also agree. Some characters will have their annoyances (Radec), but it's nothing that can't be dealt with. You just have to approach enemies differently (always keep Radec close)

I think if anything, Sly's Super 1 is more easier to get kills with than his Super 2, but I haven't tested this enough to be sure. But aside from that, I've no problems with balance. They did a great job.
Message 4 of 53 (206 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Jul 27, 2012

Red_Ring_Ryko wrote:

I don't know if I was being trolled, but from what I hear, Fat Princess has been rather strong in most builds.

It's way too early to know if anyone is overpowered or not, and what makes a character "overpowered" is often based on the context of how one is playing. A strong 1-on-1 character may not have the proper tools to make doubles as easy, and slower characters can generally get away with more in free for alls because each player is paying attention to so much that they can be caught offguard.

There may very well be overpowered characters, but no one's going to know for absolute sure until the game goes live.

Agreed, it really depends on who you're facing, what stage, your skill level, the opponents' skill level. However, just from my experience with the beta so far, here's more or less what I've seen:

Characters I've won the most with (I rotate, don't have a main yet but will say that those 3 were my top used characters):

1. Sly

2. Radec

3. Kratos

When I lost, the winning character was most often:

1. Sly

2. Radec

3. Fat Princess

Character I've seen win the less with: PaRappa, and the guy controlling him was almost always Dormin lol.

Message 5 of 53 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
566 posts

Jul 27, 2012

To say the game is perfectly balanced is retarded

Message 6 of 53 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2012

Kratos and Radec are my two mainstays right now. Sly has too many good options in 1 on 1 to not at least be considered strong.

Message 7 of 53 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Jul 27, 2012
Dormin000 hates the game so no use listening to him
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 8 of 53 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2590 posts

Jul 27, 2012

Dormin000 wrote:

To say the game is perfectly balanced is retarded

Is there anyway we can get this guy removed from the forum, my blood presure spikes whenever I see one of his comments.

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Message 9 of 53 (183 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2012

There has yet to be a "perfectly balanced" fighter with no overpowered character, so chances are that he's entirely correct. Could he have said it in a better way? Sure, but what he said has some viable truth to it.

Message 10 of 53 (179 Views)
0 Likes