Wastelander
846 posts

Re: No TGS Reveals? Let's think for a moment...

Sep 22, 2012

I honestly think Kat is in the game. Hale/Chimera and Ico/Wander also have great chance. And they are all popular. But the people who want these characters are buying the game anyway. Chimera isn't going to make anyone buy it. That and their first-party ownership means that they are fairly obvious choices too. So I wouldn't mind if these were unlockable. Them and the final boss. Snake could also be unlockable since Metal Gear fans will already be drawn to the game.

But Crash? Lara Croft? Cloud? They are deal-makers. The final fantasy crowd could buy this game especially for Cloud. A lot of people won't see this game as "All-Stars" if Crash or Lara don't make it, and therefore may not buy it. That's why I'm saying they should be announce prior to release.

Let's hope we get some reveals at the end of TGS.

Message 21 of 47 (232 Views)
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Raffymundo wrote:

also when you play the game on a tournement they would have to unlock all characters on every ps3 there. they dont have the time for that.

I imagine that this would be solved with a special tournament build with all characters unlocked, so I don't see this being a real issue.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 22 of 47 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

Sep 22, 2012

yeah that would solve the tournement problem but not mines.

i remember bringing ssbb to my friends nintendo wii we spent the whole day unlocking the characters and stages again -.-

Message 23 of 47 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
722 posts

Sep 22, 2012
This is a good thread bob...thanks. You should post here more often.

I'll admit...I'm extremely disappointed right now. I've held my tongue from saying anything negative, but I feel foolish at this point for boarding the Internet hype train with this. Not so much with the roster, but with the concept that they could have told us. How hard would it have been for someone from their marketing team to release a statement like "Hey guys, SB won't be speaking at TGS, but stay tuned" or whatever. I'm no advertising strategist, but it just felt like this would have been the courteous thing to do to diffuse the confusion after Omar said the "would" reveal at TGS.

Your theories are well thought out. #3 would be kind of cool, if I knew it to be the case, then at least I could relax and wait for the release instead of constantly feeling like a junkie checking sites daily for new info. I guess my mature answer for many of us is that we need to just take a step back.
Message 24 of 47 (205 Views)
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Sep 22, 2012

joshTX wrote:
This is a good thread bob...thanks. You should post here more often.

I'll admit...I'm extremely disappointed right now. I've held my tongue from saying anything negative, but I feel foolish at this point for boarding the Internet hype train with this. Not so much with the roster, but with the concept that they could have told us. How hard would it have been for someone from their marketing team to release a statement like "Hey guys, SB won't be speaking at TGS, but stay tuned" or whatever. I'm no advertising strategist, but it just felt like this would have been the courteous thing to do to diffuse the confusion after Omar said the "would" reveal at TGS.

Your theories are well thought out. #3 would be kind of cool, if I knew it to be the case, then at least I could relax and wait for the release instead of constantly feeling like a junkie checking sites daily for new info. I guess my mature answer for many of us is that we need to just take a step back.

I tend to post erratically, and more often than not I get tired of wading through the same tired arguments before I end up posting anything, but I felt this was something thread-worthy!

I do agree it was disappointing, and I feel that Superbot should be keeping people a little more informed on this. Hell, they have yet to respond to the thousands of people asking them the relatively simple question "any reveals at TGS?" on Twitter and Facebook. All they have to respond with is "yes, stay tuned" or "no, but we will at [event]!" and it prevents the heated debates and raises hype for the next reveal. But Omar moves in mysterious ways, I guess Smiley Tongue

Message 25 of 47 (178 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Sep 22, 2012
i think there are no more characters... **bleep**

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 26 of 47 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Augustus_04 wrote:

If that's based entirely on the lack of new characters for TGS, then I wouldn't be so negative based on that one thing. We still have a couple of events left, and I already theorised that maybe some characters are going to be kept secret until release.

Honestly, what makes you so sure there are no more?

Message 27 of 47 (143 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Bobthepetferret wrote:

Augustus_04 wrote:

If that's based entirely on the lack of new characters for TGS, then I wouldn't be so negative based on that one thing. We still have a couple of events left, and I already theorised that maybe some characters are going to be kept secret until release.

Honestly, what makes you so sure there are no more?

They said there won't be unlockables, and if they had more, they would show them.. at least one.. I mean, TGS is one of the biggest events in the year..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 28 of 47 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Sep 22, 2012
There a more characters, why would Sony only give this game 20 characters when it's trying to compete with Brawl, especially with the current state roster, Nintendo fans will r laughing.

It's just stupid that people wait up all excited then nothing happens. Maybe Superbot should tell us atleast what events they're going to.

There release strategy has been horrible.
Message 29 of 47 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Sep 22, 2012

I definitely think they should hold out on revealing certain characters. (If there are any left to reveal)

Think of how much of a surprise it would be to find Crash, Spyro, Cloud, Snake and possibly more, on our own!

I think Superbot should announce that there are more characters in the game, or how many there are, but avoid revealing them. That would put our minds at ease. Mine anyway.

Message 30 of 47 (104 Views)
0 Likes