Reply
Gaming Beast
Registered: 09/09/2012
Offline
1670 posts
 

Re: No TGS Reveals? Let's think for a moment...

Sep 22, 2012

Raffymundo wrote:

it would be really dumb if they dont reveal characters that will be in the game. there would be no hype


Depends on the character. Do you really think revealing a Chimera or Kat would generate that much hype? Sure, Kat's popular on this forum, but I honestly never heard of her until people started suggesting she should be in, and I'd say this was a reaction shared with many people. The Vita hasn't sold that much, so therefore most people are unaware of Gravity Rush.

 

Plus it'd make an exciting gaming experience to suddenly discover you're unlocking characters. As you play you'd just be wondering how many more there are and playing the guessing game again about who you'd be unlocking. Which is awesome. At least until the Internet spoils it all Smiley Tongue

 

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 11 of 47 (229 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 08/18/2012
Offline
83 posts
 

Re: No TGS Reveals? Let's think for a moment...

Sep 22, 2012

you do know that japan is getting the game on the 8th november ? that means we will know which characters will be in game so no exciting gaming experience for you.

 

also i hate to unlock characters in a fighting game because if i want to bring the disk to a friends ps3 we have to unlock all characters new.

Message 12 of 47 (203 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/07/2009
Offline
2718 posts
 

Re: No TGS Reveals? Let's think for a moment...

Sep 22, 2012

Raffymundo wrote:

you do know that japan is getting the game on the 8th november ?


they aren't getting the game on the 8th of november.

ハマり度MAX!!
Message 13 of 47 (195 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 08/18/2012
Offline
83 posts
 

Re: No TGS Reveals? Let's think for a moment...

Sep 22, 2012
Message 14 of 47 (172 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/07/2009
Offline
2718 posts
 

Re: No TGS Reveals? Let's think for a moment...

Sep 22, 2012

Raffymundo wrote:
http://andriasang.com/con2cl/ps_allstars_date/

that's wrong.

ハマり度MAX!!
Message 15 of 47 (169 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/11/2012
Offline
183 posts
 

Re: No TGS Reveals? Let's think for a moment...

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2012

Raffymundo wrote:

 

 

also i hate to unlock characters in a fighting game because if i want to bring the disk to a friends ps3 we have to unlock all characters new.


I wish there was a way to negative kudos you! 

That's part of the fun, spending the evening trying to get all the unlockables (and even some that we thought existed but didn't) 

I remember me and my friend spending close to a day trying to unlock a character on the original tekken tag. It was in the bowling mini game and you had to somehow get the ball way off the alley to hit a shifty looking scientist in the corner of the room. After a day of trying you finally did it! but alas there was no secret character unlocked. 

Now look at the new tekken, all the characters are unlocked straight from the off. It's dull and boring and has very little replayable value.

Photobucket
Message 16 of 47 (167 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/07/2009
Offline
2718 posts
 

Re: No TGS Reveals? Let's think for a moment...

Sep 22, 2012
Their source is famitsu. And famitsu made a mistake. it's not coming on the 8th of november. it doesn't even have a release date yet in japan apart from "this winter"
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 17 of 47 (162 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 08/18/2012
Offline
83 posts
 

Re: No TGS Reveals? Let's think for a moment...

Sep 22, 2012

you dont get my point. i dont wont to unlock characters every time again when im playing on a different ps3 because its just wasting time. also when you play the game on a tournement they would have to unlock all characters on every ps3 there. they dont have the time for that.

 

its good for you when you have fun unlocking characters but i dont have pleasure unlocking them again and again

 

 

Message 18 of 47 (146 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 09/09/2012
Offline
1670 posts
 

Re: No TGS Reveals? Let's think for a moment...

Sep 22, 2012

THATMATTKID wrote:

Raffymundo wrote:

 

 

also i hate to unlock characters in a fighting game because if i want to bring the disk to a friends ps3 we have to unlock all characters new.


I wish there was a way to negative kudos you! 

That's part of the fun, spending the evening trying to get all the unlockables (and even some that we thought existed but didn't) 

I remember me and my friend spending close to a day trying to unlock a character on the original tekken tag. It was in the bowling mini game and you had to somehow get the ball way off the alley to hit a shifty looking scientist in the corner of the room. After a day of trying you finally did it! but alas there was no secret character unlocked. 

Now look at the new tekken, all the characters are unlocked straight from the off. It's dull and boring and has very little replayable value.


Oh so very much this.

 

The only time I felt disappointed in regards to this game was at the possibility of no unlockables. I like spending hours getting unlockables in games like this. What's the point if everything's available from the start? D:

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 19 of 47 (143 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 08/18/2012
Offline
83 posts
 

Re: No TGS Reveals? Let's think for a moment...

Sep 22, 2012

hmm thats sad. i was looking forward to see gameplay from the full game until the realese for us Smiley Sad

Message 20 of 47 (142 Views)
Reply
0 Likes