Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/09/2012
Offline
291 posts
 

Re: No TGS Reveals? Let's think for a moment...

Sep 22, 2012

Here is the problem with the "secret" unlockable characters theory. I do love the idea, and I would love a few hidden characters, this game comes out in Japan on like the 6th of November if I remember correctly. By the time we get it in the States, all of the secrets will have been revealed anyways.

IIm just worried because tgs should have had some sort of character reveal. If there was ever a time to show off a FF rep it was at this conference. If superbot is trying to hold out info, then they are not thinking the best for marketing. Hell I would argue they should have at least saved Raiden and Nariko for TGS so they had something to reveal at this conference, outside of stages.

My last worry is with Paul Gale. I used to believe that while he did know stuff that we all didnt, he didnt know everything. Now I wonder if he knows anything more than we do. He had been building to a reveal today, and that just didnt happen. I really hope there are 2 characters revealed tonight or tomorrow just so this can go away.

Message 31 of 47 (202 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/31/2012
Offline
110 posts
 

Re: No TGS Reveals? Let's think for a moment...

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2012

Why would they **bleep** us off for no reason? Even if there are hidden characters, those would be leaked as soon as someone gets an early copy of the game (just as Raiden was spoiled before MGS2 hit stores).

 

There are 20 characters and we know this since the leak day. It is time to stop denying the evidence. Superbot always refused to answer about the existence of more characters because that would have killed the hype for this game.

 

And Paul Gale is a fraud, he said he knew about 16 characters before the leak. What is the probability that those were unannounced characters?

Message 32 of 47 (186 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/09/2012
Offline
1618 posts
 

Re: No TGS Reveals? Let's think for a moment...

Sep 22, 2012

Augustus_04 wrote:

Bobthepetferret wrote:

Augustus_04 wrote:
i think there are no more characters... **bleep**

If that's based entirely on the lack of new characters for TGS, then I wouldn't be so negative based on that one thing. We still have a couple of events left, and I already theorised that maybe some characters are going to be kept secret until release.

 

Honestly, what makes you so sure there are no more?


They said there won't be unlockables, and if they had more, they would show them.. at least one.. I mean, TGS is one of the biggest events in the year..

 


The unlockables thing is a point of contention. We have different sources at Superbot saying different things on the matter of unlockables, and so I don't think anyone can legitimately say "there won't be unlockables" as an established fact right now. It's one of those things that Superbot are remaining painfully vague on.

 

As for the lack of characters at TGS, yes, it's a big event, but as I stated in my original post, the game may have received little attention in Japan up to this point, and so all the TGS stuff is most likely just a reveal of the entire game for the Japanese market. For the Japanese, it's a big event, but to the West, it's kind of "yeah, we know this". But the fact that the show isn't available in English shows that maybe the TGS stuff isn't meant for Western audiences and we shouldn't be getting so worked up about it.

 

I'm not necessarily saying you're wrong either, but the whole purpose of this thread is really to stem the tide of these kinds immediate negative conclusions arising from all of this. There's a lot of conflicting information floating around out there and no one really knows for sure what the answers are, and to immediately reach an extreme conclusion such as this seems a bit short-sighted when, for all we know, there could be reveals at Eurogamer, proving my second theory right, or there might not be, but then my third theory could still happen. Hell, you could be right and we only get a roster of 20 after all. We simply don't know, so just try and stay positive and wait to see what the game has in store for us all!

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Dante
Message 33 of 47 (181 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 04/18/2009
Offline
928 posts
 

Re: No TGS Reveals? Let's think for a moment...

Sep 22, 2012

Bobthepetferret wrote:

Augustus_04 wrote:

Bobthepetferret wrote:

Augustus_04 wrote:
i think there are no more characters... **bleep**

If that's based entirely on the lack of new characters for TGS, then I wouldn't be so negative based on that one thing. We still have a couple of events left, and I already theorised that maybe some characters are going to be kept secret until release.

 

Honestly, what makes you so sure there are no more?


They said there won't be unlockables, and if they had more, they would show them.. at least one.. I mean, TGS is one of the biggest events in the year..

 


The unlockables thing is a point of contention. We have different sources at Superbot saying different things on the matter of unlockables, and so I don't think anyone can legitimately say "there won't be unlockables" as an established fact right now. It's one of those things that Superbot are remaining painfully vague on.

 

As for the lack of characters at TGS, yes, it's a big event, but as I stated in my original post, the game may have received little attention in Japan up to this point, and so all the TGS stuff is most likely just a reveal of the entire game for the Japanese market. For the Japanese, it's a big event, but to the West, it's kind of "yeah, we know this". But the fact that the show isn't available in English shows that maybe the TGS stuff isn't meant for Western audiences and we shouldn't be getting so worked up about it.

 

I'm not necessarily saying you're wrong either, but the whole purpose of this thread is really to stem the tide of these kinds immediate negative conclusions arising from all of this. There's a lot of conflicting information floating around out there and no one really knows for sure what the answers are, and to immediately reach an extreme conclusion such as this seems a bit short-sighted when, for all we know, there could be reveals at Eurogamer, proving my second theory right, or there might not be, but then my third theory could still happen. Hell, you could be right and we only get a roster of 20 after all. We simply don't know, so just try and stay positive and wait to see what the game has in store for us all!


 

I hope you're right.

__________________________________________________

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 34 of 47 (161 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 08/18/2012
Offline
83 posts
 

Re: No TGS Reveals? Let's think for a moment...

Sep 22, 2012

i say just wait until the end of tgs. perhaps we will get new character reveals after it just like in cc

Message 35 of 47 (154 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/07/2009
Offline
2718 posts
 

Re: No TGS Reveals? Let's think for a moment...

Sep 22, 2012
Can people stop saying "japan gets it earlier" because they aren't getting it on the 6th november, or the 8th of november.
andriasang is wrong.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 36 of 47 (132 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 05/04/2012
Offline
2075 posts
 

Re: No TGS Reveals? Let's think for a moment...

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2012

i do wish they would at least have a countdown on the site so we would know which events to get hyped for.  When they first launched their site, they had what looked like containers on one side with a number of days in front of the largest one that would count down.  I loved that because you would know around the time someone was getting revealed and got you so pumped up when you got into the single digit numbers.  I don't want to trash talk Superbot because they are doing an amazing job with the game.  i just wish they kept us better informed 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 37 of 47 (129 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 09/01/2012
Offline
633 posts
 

Re: No TGS Reveals? Let's think for a moment...

Sep 22, 2012
Paul Gale is not a fraud, there is still time to the end of TGS for anything, so stop hating.
Photobucket
Message 38 of 47 (113 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/09/2012
Offline
1618 posts
 

Re: No TGS Reveals? Let's think for a moment...

Sep 22, 2012

ZodianKnight wrote:
Paul Gale is not a fraud, there is still time to the end of TGS for anything, so stop hating.

Not even just to the end of TGS. We won't really know everything until the actual game comes out in two months' time. Essentially, patience is key.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Dante
Message 39 of 47 (106 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/08/2012
Offline
1609 posts
 

Re: No TGS Reveals? Let's think for a moment...

Sep 22, 2012
i love this game so far but i still think it needs more "allstars" and by that i'm regarding the ps1 era
Message 40 of 47 (102 Views)
Reply
0 Likes