Treasure Hunter
4363 posts

Re: No Noobs Allowed In Here

Dec 9, 2012
Trust me, I passed Dante's combo tutorials and trials. The last combo was hard to pull it off when transferring emply cancel into another chain of attacks. Okay, I admit I didn't use empty cancel for the most parts because there are too many variables that can interrupt the empty cancel combos from what I seen. I tend to use it more often if I am in 1 vs 1 match. For the other kind of matches, I only use the most typical Dante combo:

Triple square, hold up square, twice square, twice up square, and down square.

That's quite lame for me, but it works. Moving on to his supers, I liked his supers, but there are some backfires. Level 1 seems good enough. Level 2 is really reliable, but when I played Dante "Dodge Lv 2" trial, I passed it easily. I don't know if people have figured out the secret. Maybe I should set up some sort of combos. Lv. 3 guarantee 3 free kills, but after killing the freezing opponents, it becomes a little bit harder because Dante doesn't cover large range very well regardless of his guns. Perhaps pb_mal can prove me wrong and encourage me to use Dante more. Recently, I found PaRappa way better with combos and used him more often now.

OP and pb_mal, thanks for the answers! I think you nailed your whole solution.
Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 61 of 141 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
288 posts

Dec 9, 2012

Shhh Asis! Don't go telling everyone the weaknesses of spike! Now I will surely be defeated. Smiley Sad

Image Hosted At MyspaceGens
Message 62 of 141 (166 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Dec 9, 2012

I've really started to like Spike because of his AP gain and solid keep-away game, but what's been bugging me is that some moves I don't see a use for, like the magic punch. It can stun, but what's the point of that when you have the RC car and down-triangle already? And the hula hoop, which I guess is designed to get rid of a dogpile on top of Spike (?), but most of his square attacks can do that too to my knowledge... and the slingshot, with no stun/knockback, seems like a worse option by far than a jumping combo/setting up stuff/bananarang, but I haven't tried it out much.

Also, I can never seem to get the teleport boots to work for me where Sly and Toro's teleports never fail for me. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to be close to them for it work?

Thanks for any help.

—--------
"The Dirty Casual"
Message 63 of 141 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
288 posts

Dec 9, 2012

What do you mean you couldn't get the teleport boots to work? I mainly use them for evasion purposes. To better position myself. And i really only use it in the air. Would you like to play me?

Image Hosted At MyspaceGens
Message 64 of 141 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Dec 9, 2012
I mean as in, Spike will put on the boots and glow white, but then just pop out of wherever I used the move at, so it only works as a little pause for me
—--------
"The Dirty Casual"
Message 65 of 141 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Dec 9, 2012
And sure, why not? I'm not by my PS3 right now though, but I will be on pretty soon
—--------
"The Dirty Casual"
Message 66 of 141 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

Dec 9, 2012

Whats the game plan for Sir Daniel Fortesque (Read a lil bit on him in regards to the level one setups

and Big Daddy is the charcter i want to use as a 2ndary but I really dont know what I should be doing with him, ignore the level 1 and go straight for the level 2?

Message 67 of 141 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
406 posts

Dec 9, 2012
I always knew fat princess was amazing. But now, ...wow lol
Message 68 of 141 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2383 posts

Dec 9, 2012
i like to main ratchet, heihachi, and radec
i like to play radec really strangly many people try to zone with him but he works so much better as a trap and set up character
Monkey D. Luffy (one piece) "I'm the man who's going to be the Pirate King!"
Guts (berserk) " I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. "
Message 69 of 141 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Dec 9, 2012

at the moment no but i have been working on landing level 1 off up grab and i think im the only person that can do it 90% of the time!!!!   But as far as breaker combos from up grab it would depend on where they are on the map but i would like to think those 2 ways you figured out are prob the only ways i mean with a lil slight change but same effect

YT: DatTeamAxcel for all my latest PSAS related content. I upload everything FFAs 2v2 1v1, Combo & How to Videos, and Player and character breakdowns.
Message 70 of 141 (109 Views)
0 Likes