I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Re: No Journey please

Dec 16, 2012
@Strato-Squirrel Sweet Tooth and Fat Princess at least had both weapons, tools and characters to work with as well as having personalities, the Traveler doesn't have these at all so trying to git it a fighting style and personalitiy would be like trying to put Chell from Portal in a fighting game.
Message 41 of 47 (79 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 16, 2012

The Journey character doesn't need to have physical attacks ya know. The little sheets of cloth could float around in swirls and tornadoes around that character as "attacks" while the Journey character just floats around the stage. The "cloth attacks" will build both AP and scarf length that'll allow more air time if you hold "X". The cloth attacks would vary with different types too like the cloth "jellyfish" which will flow up and the cloth "manta ray" that flies forwards. The supers can be references to Flower and FlOw or even the dragon as previously noted, while Level three could have the entire stage get covered in a blizzard (a la big daddy's level 3) which will make all the other character move slowly with ice covering them as you "take them out" with your "attacks". 

The abilities don't need to necessarily be a forced moveset that makes the character feel out of place, instead the moveset could be a love letter that represents the game as a whole. Why can't we capture the beauty of Journey in this way? It's not particularly violent. 

Message 42 of 47 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 16, 2012
Because that would translate into the game very poorly & look like a forced moveset.

No offence to anyone who think it would be a good inclusion, but the ideas I've read so far have been really silly - not impractical, just really poor ways to rep the character, the game & the rest of the devs work.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 43 of 47 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

I don't think you all realize it doesn't matter if he could fight or not. Him having to fight, kill, and be killed ruins the image of the game where he comes from. That's probably why Team ICO didn't want to be part of it. A stage might work if the mash up doesn't ruin the artistic feel(Ico+SOTC or Journey+flower) like mashing it up with something like Tekken.

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 44 of 47 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9887 posts

Dec 16, 2012
Yeah I would prefer a Journey stage. That's not to say I don't think SB could pull it off though.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 45 of 47 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
326 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

i Agree. for several reasons:

No Moves: Journy guy just doesnt have anything. Hell, it doesnt have arms. All i can see it doing is floating and beeping. I cant look at it the same way if superbot fatprincess's Journey cuz it wouldnt be journey, it be. . . . something horrible

Not a fighter: this isnt the same as my first point. in the journey game, journey didnt do a single thing violent.  it wasnt offensive, it didnt hate, it did nothing battle related. to make this thing a combatant would ruin everything

Better as a place: Id so much rather see Journey's desert as a level with it watching all-stars curiously, then when the mix arrives, it would explore the whole new world before itself. it would be a thing of pure beauty.

you dont deserve it: ok this is just an LOL but i dont want to be online and watch a 12 year old spam his left squere all day into level 3 super. i dont want to hate him lol

Message 46 of 47 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
889 posts

Dec 16, 2012
The person from journey literally CAN'T be in. In journey all you do is walk around and fly the arms are barely visible and legs look pointy but no journey isn't a fighter its a explorer. But as a stage I would think a mashup of uncharted n journey but I would like shadow of collseus meets journey in that level in journey with thd flying beast thing
Message 47 of 47 (39 Views)
0 Likes