Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: Nintendo is laughing right now.

Dec 11, 2012

I know they're both great and I love them both <3 I just thought I would point that out.

Message 51 of 123 (160 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/06/2009
Offline
1704 posts
 

Re: Nintendo is laughing right now.

Dec 11, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

SON_OF_KRATOS666 wrote:

I totally get your point, OP. I havent oplayed in like a week and a half, why should I?

 

Its simply not as good as Smash, despite the blind fanboys defending All-Stars. Im a Sony fan boy to, and i wanted sooooo badly for this to live up to hype, but it simply doesnt.

 

Im not going to sell it, but im not going to play it until i start seeing some balance through patches.


Smash is known for content which is quantity, All-Stars is known for lastability which is quality.  Have you ever heard of quality over quantity?  Saying that PSASBR isn't as good because the quantity isn't on par with Smash is just ridiculous.  Just wait for the sequel if you want quantity because SuperBot made the right choice by focusing on quality which is the gameplay and that's what matters.  Not how many trophies you can collect by using a coin shooting mini game, to be honest the coin shooting mini game has more lastability than Smash's gameplay itself.


But All-Stars doesnt even have quality, Noc. After having multiple betas, AND pushing back the release date, the game had MANY bugs and glitches, and some still persist. The game offers very little. 20 charactyers would be great for me, if they were actually balanced. Even sales wise, this game failed to impress at launch. Its become a chore to even play it, and the more i play these amazing titles like Car Cry 3, the more i realize how All-Stars was NOT worth 60, more like 40.

 

and tier lists? as if All-Stars doesnt have that problem to. I waited YEARS for this game, and hyped it up as much as everyone else, constantly telling my friends how this game will be something to play for years and years. Man, do i feeel stupid. 

 

I coudl go into depth about WHY this game was lackluster, but there isnt a point if people wont really read it.

Message 52 of 123 (160 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/06/2009
Offline
1868 posts
 

Re: Nintendo is laughing right now.

Dec 11, 2012
I still don't get why people take there opinion as golden fact your not the only one in this world people like different stuff get use to it. Smash is fun for some people same as All stars if you don't like it leave it.
Message 53 of 123 (155 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: Nintendo is laughing right now.

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2012

SON_OF_KRATOS666 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

SON_OF_KRATOS666 wrote:

I totally get your point, OP. I havent oplayed in like a week and a half, why should I?

 

Its simply not as good as Smash, despite the blind fanboys defending All-Stars. Im a Sony fan boy to, and i wanted sooooo badly for this to live up to hype, but it simply doesnt.

 

Im not going to sell it, but im not going to play it until i start seeing some balance through patches.


Smash is known for content which is quantity, All-Stars is known for lastability which is quality.  Have you ever heard of quality over quantity?  Saying that PSASBR isn't as good because the quantity isn't on par with Smash is just ridiculous.  Just wait for the sequel if you want quantity because SuperBot made the right choice by focusing on quality which is the gameplay and that's what matters.  Not how many trophies you can collect by using a coin shooting mini game, to be honest the coin shooting mini game has more lastability than Smash's gameplay itself.


But All-Stars doesnt even have quality, Noc. After having multiple betas, AND pushing back the release date, the game had MANY bugs and glitches, and some still persist. The game offers very little. 20 charactyers would be great for me, if they were actually balanced. Even sales wise, this game failed to impress at launch. Its become a chore to even play it, and the more i play these amazing titles like Car Cry 3, the more i realize how All-Stars was NOT worth 60, more like 40.

 

and tier lists? as if All-Stars doesnt have that problem to. I waited YEARS for this game, and hyped it up as much as everyone else, constantly telling my friends how this game will be something to play for years and years. Man, do i feeel stupid. 

 

I coudl go into depth about WHY this game was lackluster, but there isnt a point if people wont really read it.


What do you expect from a brand new company?  Now you're comparying it to Far Cry 3 which is what you meant is simply not even a comparison.  Far Cry 3 has 3 games in its line up and a firm development company that didn't come out of no where and said "we're making Far Cry 3."  This game is great and the issues were immediately addrssed as quickly as possible so you have nothing to complain about.  There is no "in depth of why this game is lackluster" there's only depth of "you don't know what it takes to make a game like this but you'll judge it anyway."

Message 54 of 123 (153 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/21/2008
Offline
1819 posts
 

Re: Nintendo is laughing right now.

Dec 11, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

I know they're both great and I love them both <3 I just thought I would point that out.


Well you're still wrong.... Quantity =/= Content. Quality and Quantity are both parts of Content. Your math is all messed up!
It's Qual. + Quan. = Content. Smiley Tongue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 55 of 123 (150 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/03/2012
Offline
340 posts
 

Re: Nintendo is laughing right now.

Dec 11, 2012
wow strife you're on a roll
Message 56 of 123 (148 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: Nintendo is laughing right now.

Dec 11, 2012

Strife93 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

I know they're both great and I love them both <3 I just thought I would point that out.


Well you're still wrong.... Quantity =/= Content. Quality and Quantity are both parts of Content. Your math is all messed up!
It's Qual. + Quan. = Content. Smiley Tongue


True, but Quality is still greater than Quantity.

Message 57 of 123 (143 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/18/2007
Offline
4137 posts
 

Re: Nintendo is laughing right now.

Dec 11, 2012

Someone just sucks at Allstars :/


#Reapers
Message 58 of 123 (138 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/21/2008
Offline
1819 posts
 

Re: Nintendo is laughing right now.

Dec 11, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

I know they're both great and I love them both <3 I just thought I would point that out.


Well you're still wrong.... Quantity =/= Content. Quality and Quantity are both parts of Content. Your math is all messed up!
It's Qual. + Quan. = Content. Smiley Tongue


True, but Quality is still greater than Quantity.


Not necessarily. By that logic any well-executed short-film is better than a slightly flawed feature-film.
I.E. - One of those Pixar shorts are better than Wreck-It-Ralph

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 59 of 123 (133 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: Nintendo is laughing right now.

Dec 11, 2012

Strife93 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

I know they're both great and I love them both <3 I just thought I would point that out.


Well you're still wrong.... Quantity =/= Content. Quality and Quantity are both parts of Content. Your math is all messed up!
It's Qual. + Quan. = Content. Smiley Tongue


True, but Quality is still greater than Quantity.


Not necessarily. By that logic any well-executed short-film is better than a slightly flawed feature-film.
I.E. - One of those Pixar shorts are better than Wreck-It-Ralph


That's not a fair comparrison though short-films are around 4 to 10 minutes a feature film is around 80 minutes to 200 minutes.

Message 60 of 123 (115 Views)
Reply
0 Likes