Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 11 2012
By: YoungGuns19 Splicer 55 posts

Nintendo is laughing right now.

[ Edited ]
122 replies 2063 views Edited Dec 11, 2012

This game is a tragedy.

Years ago, I remember the epic fun battles me and my neighbors had on Super Smash Bros.

I thought Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale was going to recur those fun moments.

Boy, was I wrong.

Nintendo knows how to do brawlers right. Why did Super Bot not go with a formula that is proven and works? To make a Tropic Thunder reference, They went full ret*rd on this one. Frankly this game is unplayable and just flat out bad.

"I wasted $60 on this sh*t?" I thought as a 500+ level Dante and his 999 teammate had me, Sly, corner trapped spamming their cheap combos on me.

I couldn't do anything about it. I was totally defenseless. At least in Smash Bros. you have a freaking chance to fight back!

In PSASBR, pro players dominate without resistance.

At least in Super Smash Bros. you can actually strategize and employ good tactics that are fun. In Battle Royale good players just rush at you without penalty. Then they start building up meter.

And how come there is only one way to KO in Battle Royale?! No fall-off-the-map KO's or accumulating damage. I spent the entire match trying to build up my level 3 and I was taken out of the game when I almost had my third, in stock mode.

I agree with DSP's no-holds-barred review. Click here to watch it.

It's not fair, and I don't get it. I did all the training and tutorials with the characters I use yet I still get dominated, causing frustration and anger.

Who else is with me?

Let's let Super Bot know that if they don't put a health bar mode and fall-off-the-map KO's in the next DLC, we will boycott.

If the DLC sucks, I am selling this game for what ever I can get for it. Maybe I should just crack it in half and set it on fire.

You know what. I am just going to buy a Gamecube and a copy of Melee and I am also going to pick up a Wii along with a copy of Brawl.

Message 1 of 123 (2,063 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1693 posts

Re: Nintendo is laughing right now.

Dec 11, 2012

one word
Practice

hey Iverson, tell him

"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 2 of 123 (2,043 Views)
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Dec 11, 2012
You knew about the super system before buying the game.

*shrug* I couldn't care less.
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 3 of 123 (2,035 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 11, 2012
Um? This game is a lot more balanced than smash bros because it has more competetive play kept in mind where as brawl WAS a party game, why do you think the tier list is basically 3 characters > Everyone else in the game with extremly advatageous matchups when you don't include items and fight on a small stage?

This game plays far too differently to smash bros, you can't play Call of Duty and be good at that and then expect to be good at a game like Team Fortress 2 just because they are first person shooters.
Message 4 of 123 (2,034 Views)
Wastelander
726 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2012

Sorry to hear that; if you feel that way, definately sell it.

This game is fundamentally diferent than smash bros with it's super system and more in dept with it's combos and big strategic difference between characters. If this is too off putting to you, I do suggest going back to smash bros or waiting for the next one; Smash Bros is simpler, plain and simple. No learning combos, no waiting for that perfect moment to hit your super, and not as much learning your character's every in and out.

To put it simply, both games appear to be kiddie pools on the outside, and when you dive into Smash you find that it is, but when you dive into All Stars, you find that it's the Atlantic Ocean with sharks and Pirhannas waiting to eat you.

P.S: I don't think Nintendo is laughing, you might be though~

1/6/2013 - Defeated the #1 player in the World in a Ranked Match.

Currently maining: Parappa

Future mains: Zeus, Issac
Message 5 of 123 (2,022 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1693 posts

Dec 11, 2012
^^^ sounds like he's raging instead
"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 6 of 123 (2,009 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 11, 2012

Tell ya what: I'm having a good time with this game, and I still boot up Melee/Brawl from time-to-time. Both of these games/series have a comfy place in my collection. If you aren't having a good time with this game then I feel for you. But let me ask something: What was the purpose of this post of yours? To spit venom in the face of the developers and fans? To get something off your chest? 

Do you play this game with friends locally or strictly online? Could it be a possibility that your not having fun because your playing with faceless drones that have no patience?

On a side note, referencing any of the hate-filled DSP's content doesn't really reinforce anything, there are plenty of people who had good things to say about PSASBR. (YT: Caddicarus, JeremyJahns, Spill.com's Loading Bar)

Lastly, SB are not inherently wrong for trying their Super-only kill system, it certainly bayed a lot of the morons screaming "Smash bros rip-off!". I do agree that they should definitely add the option for a health bar or other scoring methods.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 7 of 123 (2,007 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2012

The single fact that you agree with the whiner DSP tells more than all other words in your little "I don't know how to play this properly" rant.

"I couldn't do anything about it. I was totally defenseless. At least in Smash Bros. you have a freaking chance to fight back!"

Sooooo wrong. Practice. Learn the moves. Learn to dodge. Learn a few combos. Don't yell when you lose.

I can't believe you get upset about losing. The game is fun to play no matter what. I've lost a ton of games, but won even more, because I learned from my mistakes, you might not know how to do that, but try.

You knew what you went into and still you complain. Sony is laughing right now. At you. For throwing your money in their faces.

Message 8 of 123 (1,999 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 11, 2012

HighFlyer_15 wrote:

The single fact that you agree with the whiner DSP tells more than all other words in your little "I don't know how to play this properly" rant.

"I couldn't do anything about it. I was totally defenseless. At least in Smash Bros. you have a freaking chance to fight back!"

Sooooo wrong. Practice. Learn the moves. Learn to dodge. Learn a few combos. Don't yell when you lose.

I can't believe you get upset about losing. The game is fun to play no matter what. I've lost a ton of games, but won even more, because I learned from my mistakes, you might not know how to do that, but try.

You knew what you went into and still you complain. Sony is laughing right now. At you. For throwing your money in their faces.

At least that money'll be funding more updates and DLC. :smileytongue:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 9 of 123 (1,984 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2012

Strife93 wrote:

I do agree that they should definitely add the option for a health bar or other scoring methods.

Yes! There is hope! Yes to health bar and fall-off-the-map KO's, as well!

I play locally with my brother and a neighbor. That's actually fun.

Purpose: to lobby for health bar mode as DLC and fall-off-the-map KO's

Message 10 of 123 (1,982 Views)