Jan 04 2013
By: Deev64 Splicer 57 posts

Nintendo Guest Character?

20 replies 295 views Edited Jan 4, 2013
As we all know, PS All Stars is a model of Smash Bros.(but extremely different in their own ways) and in Smash Bros. Brawl Snake made a guest appearance.(with sonic) Do you think Nintendo would ever allow a guest in All Stars? Or do you think they'll need at least a sequel? And who would it be? Mario?
Message 1 of 21 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Re: Nintendo Guest Character?

Jan 4, 2013

Dude this is the equvilent to asking for Captain Falcon to be in Wipe Out  it will never happen because 1st party companies don't let other 1st party companies use their stuff, if I remember correctly, when Marvel Ultimate Alliance was first coming out Link and Samus were originally going to be guests for the Wii version but the way Activision showed it they were being played on the PS2 version, Nintendo didn't like the look of that and decided to strip Activision of those rights.

Message 2 of 21 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Jan 4, 2013

And what happened with Snake in Brawl? Was that not a first party company in another game?

It's not impossible, given that it's already happened.

Message 3 of 21 (281 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jan 4, 2013

I can't see Nintendo characters being in this game. Maybe a 3rd party character that is primarily on Nintendo but not an official "Nintendo Character" For example there has been plenty of Sonic the Hedgehog games on the Nintendo and Playstation so I could see him being in the mix but not somebody like Kirby.

Message 4 of 21 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Snake isn't owned by Sony. He's owned by Konami, a third party to both companies
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 5 of 21 (271 Views)
Splicer
57 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Why do you think they wouldn't?

Message 6 of 21 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Jan 4, 2013

As cool as that would be, don't you think a Nintendo character would look a little odd, and out of place in All-Stars? xD

I'm actually starting to like how characters in All-Stars somewhat 'go together,' like most Nintendo characters do.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 21 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
632 posts

Jan 4, 2013
It seems opinions vary, as most do. I've read that some people feel certain characters in All-Stars feel out of place. But they're just opinions.

Also, about Snake, if you didn't know, Kojima asked Nintendo to add Snake to the roster for he is a fan of the Smash series. I doubt he'd want Snake in both games. And you guys already have Raiden. At least.

And...I can think of Nintendo characters that would at least fit the tone of the game. Fox McCloud of Star Fox comes to mind.
Photobucket
Message 8 of 21 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Probably a better change of getting Mickey Zouave than a znintendo character.  Nintendo doesn't license out their Izp, that is the only thing they have that sells their hardware.  the only way it would happen is if they get out of the hardware business, a similar to the way Sega is now (very unlikely to happen).

http://www.slowrecovery.com
Message 9 of 21 (214 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Gotta say id want Bayonetta 

considering Nintentdo stole her from the playstation/xbox...

Message 10 of 21 (205 Views)
0 Likes