Dec 28 2012
By: HELLSAGENT_17 Fender Bender 2794 posts

New mode: Team Elimination

25 replies 620 views Edited Dec 28, 2012

Basically, you pick any 2 characters. When the fight begins, the first character you picked is the only character on the screen with your opponent's. When either is eliminated the 2nd character you or they picked spawns safely with longer invincibility than normal until they attack or wait it out. Simple.

And now to go more in-depth.

This mode can be both online or offline.

This mode can be played alone or with 1 friend by your side.

This mode can be played by 4 friends in versus under the Team mode options.

Each player has only 1 life.

That's a total of 2 lives, 1 for each character/player.

Pros:

_________

This fills the gap for 1 vs. 1 needs.

This adds a 2nd layer of strategy and fun.

No more second guessing you character picks: 'I knew I should of gone with *character*.'

Cons:

_________

Kill-confirms will probably make this mode to fast or ruin it.

It could separate the player pool further.

Why and how did I come up with this idea you say? Well, I play A LOT of stock. Usually my partner is the one who gets eliminated first, and for some reason (sometimes,) one of my enemies has the audacity to pity me and let their partner foolishly fight me alone. Worst mistake of your life. Anyway, I thought maybe this mode would be fun and help prevent me from getting the idle person into the fight (they usually get angry saying they were offering me a chance.)

What do you guys think?

The more the merrier?

Or silly?

Please be honest and use logic if you're against it.

Message 1 of 26 (620 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1411 posts

Re: New mode: Team Elimination

Dec 28, 2012
I swear I saw a picture of some thing like this
It was on stowaways with the same Four people on screen like always and it was the regular HUD except there was a smaller little icon for the second character right above the regular character to show that it was some kind of tag team type of game
I'm guessing it was photo shopped cause it was before the game came out
Still a really nice idea though
 photo newcolesigtest_zps63cc5eb3.png
Message 2 of 26 (589 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Dec 28, 2012

OMEGA_MEXICAN wrote:
I swear I saw a picture of some thing like this
It was on stowaways with the same Four people on screen like always and it was the regular HUD except there was a smaller little icon for the second character right above the regular character to show that it was some kind of tag team type of game
I'm guessing it was photo shopped cause it was before the game came out
Still a really nice idea though

Thanks, I'm also intrested in seeing this picture, do you think you can find it?

I see this thread managed to attract 50+ toilets worth of lurkers.

I'll wait for the morning crew to arrive. Have a good night everyone! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 26 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Dec 28, 2012

Here we go, guys.

Give me opinions, I need 'em.

Message 4 of 26 (489 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Dec 28, 2012

I forgot to post this eariler. I LUV THE IDEA. I probably wouldn't play it too often since I am not a fan of elimination style gametypes, but I would love for the option to be there. Your pros and cons list was also well done. Even though I haven't put 100%  thought into it, this seems like a great fun idea. Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 26 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Dec 28, 2012

RaiXku wrote:

I forgot to post this eariler. I LUV THE IDEA. I probably wouldn't play it too often since I am not a fan of elimination style gametypes, but I would love for the option to be there. Your pros and cons list was also well done. Even though I haven't put 100%  thought into it, this seems like a great fun idea. Smiley Very Happy

Thanks!

I put a lot of thought into this idea and made it as simple as possible for everyone to understand.

But no one else is giving me any thoughts, look at the lurkers, it's almost 200 and only 2 different people posted.

I thought people wanted more out of this game, if you don't express that, how can you hope for SuperBot to notice and do anything about it?

Think, everyone! It's not always about balance.

Message 6 of 26 (437 Views)
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Dec 29, 2012

I hope people's opinions of me from my kill-confirm fix thread aren't coming into play here.

Is my title misleading? I didn't think about that before, that's understandable.

I sure as hell hope those 200 lurkers are SuperBot developers reading what I have to say if that's the case.

Message 7 of 26 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1411 posts

Feb 14, 2013

I know im late, but i finally found the picure that would represent this game mode!

Clearly fake, but it would be awesome if they could add it.

photo newcolesigtest_zps63cc5eb3.png
Message 8 of 26 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1512 posts

Feb 14, 2013
@HEELSAGENT Have I seen you before??
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 9 of 26 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Imagine if those were all Emmets! The game would crash!

But my plan was to actually have 1 of the 2 characters on the screen early to 1 vs. 1, so it's basically not a regular 2 vs. 2 match.

The person who doctored this image did a good job, though. He made it look like it made sense!

Message 10 of 26 (314 Views)
0 Likes