Oct 14 2012
By: Ginta2468 Treasure Hunter 6400 posts

New info...sorta.

[ Edited ]
10 replies 420 views Edited Oct 14, 2012

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/oct/13/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-characters-vita-will-h...

Don't know if this has been posted or not but whatever.

NZGamer conducted an interview recently with Super Bot's Omar Kendall concerning Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale. Kendall touches on many subjects including the fact that due to the Playstation Vita's screen size, characters will have larger icons over their heads in order for players to keep of their location, among other things.

Characters are pretty small on the Vita's screen; does that present any challenges for people playing on that platform?

We noticed that the screen size does create some unique challenges, and we are tackling those in some unique ways. It’s actually something I was working on almost right up until I got on the plane to come out here. We’re doing a bunch of different things, like player indicators that appear above characters heads which will be slightly larger on Vita. In particular, the one that’s above your head will be larger than the rest of the characters, and we’re doing a few different things with player call-outs to make it a little bit easier to find your character on the Vita.

The close proximity that players will hold your Vita screen to their faces does allow us to get away with some things, that playing on a PS3 doesn’t. We’re looking at a couple of unique Vita specific ways to tackle the issues associated with the characters being a little bit smaller.

Hit the jump to read about how Cole and Evil Cole began as one character that either became hero or infamous based on a player's actions.

What's the difference between Cole and Evil Cole?

We knew that we wanted Cole in the game, and we actually created a design that at one point had that neutral starting point and through your actions you turned hero or turned infamous. We also had a proposal for just one Cole. We just made a choice and said we’d have the hero version. But the IP holders felt really strongly that the way that the Cole character manifests, he really is two different guys, and they felt the character would be best served as two different and they really pushed for it. That’s how we ended up with it. 

They really did shape out to be really different characters; the nature of the power and abilities in inFamous blend themselves to very different styles of play. The Hero Cole uses primarily ice and electricity has a very specific play style, and it’s centered to isolating opponents, one on one, and he’s really a jack of all trades. The Evil Cole is more about destruction and throwing chaos into the play space, and really just about causing general havoc. They’re very different and different players will gravitate towards the different Coles.

Message 1 of 11 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Re: New info...sorta.

Oct 14, 2012

Shut up. Just **bleep** off

Message 2 of 11 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Oct 14, 2012

what's up with you dude?

Play For Fun!
Message 3 of 11 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3239 posts

Oct 14, 2012

Ishak125 wrote:

Shut up. Just **bleep** off

What is wrong with you?

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF14, MGSV, Witcher 3.
Message 4 of 11 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Oct 14, 2012

achus93again wrote:

what's up with you dude?

i'm sorry. I just saw new info and i got excited but was disapointed when i saw it, i didnt mean to lash out.

Message 5 of 11 (362 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1054 posts

Oct 14, 2012

Oh...the idea of cole changing his status in real time would've been great! too bad.

firma.PNG

Message 6 of 11 (352 Views)
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Oct 14, 2012
This is old info
Message 7 of 11 (343 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Oct 14, 2012
OLD NEWS
A African-American adult male has taken illegally possession of my 2-wheeled mode of transportation thus has acquired my property under false pretenses
Message 8 of 11 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 14, 2012
Excited about the Vita version.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 9 of 11 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

Oct 14, 2012
I had seen someone suggest a similar idea for Cole back before he was announced, and at the time I had thought that it was a bit of a stretch. Turns out that SB did think of that... I only wish they had taken it. It would've been really fun, but then again, we would've just had 19 characters then. Maybe in the sequel.
Message 10 of 11 (255 Views)
0 Likes