Sackboy
488 posts

Re: New idea for a FF rep.

Jul 24, 2012

CharlieisKewl wrote:

Jechtsphere wrote:
I love Auron, hopefully down the line he will be in but that would be maybe a couple sequels away.

Yeah, sorry. I never owned a PS2 so I couldn't play FF10/10-2 or FF12. But I'm sure he's a cool character.

Well they are making FFX HD so you'll still have that chance at some point. 

http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum

Photobucket
Message 71 of 89 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Jul 24, 2012

Jechtsphere wrote:

CharlieisKewl wrote:

Jechtsphere wrote:
I love Auron, hopefully down the line he will be in but that would be maybe a couple sequels away.

Yeah, sorry. I never owned a PS2 so I couldn't play FF10/10-2 or FF12. But I'm sure he's a cool character.

Unless it's cancelled. A hidden joke my friend. lol

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 72 of 89 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
488 posts

Jul 24, 2012

Chaosdreams wrote:

Jechtsphere wrote:

CharlieisKewl wrote:

Jechtsphere wrote:

Yeah I get it Smiley LOL

They might have to...you know so they can focus on the Lightning saga. lol *_*

http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum

Photobucket
Message 73 of 89 (114 Views)
Sackboy
478 posts

Jul 24, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

CharlieisKewl wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

CharlieisKewl wrote:

Yep, Chaosdreams I totally agree with both posts. Squaresoft was a fantastic company! Square Enix has adopted the modern ways of DLC and such B.S. The PSASBR way of DLC is fine though, the way DLC was made for. Making things you didn't have time to get in before the release date! Not to nickel and dime all of your customers!

SuperBot could make the DLC thing in their favor if they front load the VII pack with Cloud & Sephiroth, 2-3 additional costumes for them both, a new stage or two (maybe a FF themed one with a few other character appearances), + an item pack where you can get a Chocobo/Moogle/Tonberry or a summon (Ifrit, Bahamut, Shiva, etc.).  Charge a decent price (I think Square would also try and dictate this) and I think fans would be happy enough with the pack and getting their VII characters.

Yeah, That'd work. As long as Square isn't like "Make it $19.99!" Jeez... It needs to be 5 bucks at the most, hopefully around 2.99 though.

Square might dictate that as well.  They'll probably want it all split up (Cloud in one pack, Sephiroth in another, a Stage pack, a costume pack and then the item pack) for $3-4 each and then $15+ for it all in a bundle =\  SuperBot will probably want to keep DLC reasonable for it's price and or meaty for what you get.  If they could do DLC like the above and charge ~$5, I think that would be a sweet spot for fans of other series given what they're getting from their favorite series being included in the game.  Maybe ~$3-4 if you're only getting 1 character from a series added as DLC.

If Square wants to charge $15+, they should throw in leads from the other FF games (VIII, IX, X, XII).

Yeah, if it's gonna be 15+ I think it should be like you said the leads from a bunch of FF games plus stages combining some of the FF games. I dunno about items though because if someone who didn't buy the DLC gets into a match against someone who is using... Zidane, let's say, will they put the FF items in... or not, it's kinda confusing lol I'm confusing myself typing this.

Message 74 of 89 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Jul 24, 2012

Jechtsphere wrote:

Chaosdreams wrote:

Jechtsphere wrote:

CharlieisKewl wrote:

Jechtsphere wrote:

Yeah I get it Smiley LOL

They might have to...you know so they can focus on the Lightning saga. lol *_*

Oh ok coolio I'll get a chance to play FFX. And lol Lightning saga... the funny thing is that it's not a completely crazy thought.

Message 75 of 89 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jul 24, 2012

CharlieisKewl wrote:

I don't DESPISE 13-2, but the ending was one of the worst I've ever seen in video games ever! It just made me feel like "**bleep** was the point of all of this" And the "To be continued" A TOTAL slap in the face. The worst thing you could ever do is put a TBC on the end of a game... It's not necessary! Square is nickel and dimeing their customers compleeetely.

Well for me, it wasn't just the ending. It was the entire story. You know how people joked about Serah looking like a twelve-year-old girl, which made Snow's relationship with her laughably uncomfortable? Well Yuel was fifteen years old and she still looked like she was in single digits. And basically, to try to make their story all deep and meaningful, Square-Enix filled it with lots of sad-sounding music and killed Yuel off over and over again. It was like SE themselves were reaching out of my television screen, grabbing me by the shoulders and shaking me while yelling "FEEL SAD! FEEL SAD!" But because it was so superficial and Yuel was such a flat character, it didn't make me sad. It just made me angry to think that SE tried using such cheap tricks to elicit an emotional response from the audience.

It's not just that though. Compare XIII-2 to X-2 and it really doesn't come off well. The battle system hasn't changed one iota since XIII, unlike X-2. The mini-games were awful (the Chocobo one was pointless except for elixirs and the Slots were the worst mini-game I've ever played). Because of the job class system, the monsters you could use in battle were practically all alike. All Commandos used the same abilities, as did all Ravagers, all Synergists, etc, etc. Sure, they'd change it up with a different elemental spell every so often but the system is so shallow that it made no difference. Then there's the bad ending, including the weird, weird choice of song, and the worst thing of all ... DLC. I actually bought the game because at the very end of the FFXIII-2 demo, you saw a glimpse of Omega powering up. No "Omega is sold separately" or "Omega Coliseum is downloadable content, available on MM/DD/YYYY". Nope, just teasing the fact that Omega was in the game to sell more copies. And he was right at the end, so the fans who knew Omega's significance, like me, would know exactly who that was and exactly what that meant. It wasn't an accident that he was placed there.

So yeah, I hated FFXIII-2.

Message 76 of 89 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Jul 24, 2012

Actually now thinking back to it, (SPOILERS for anyone who actually cares) the thing that annoyed me the most was Snow dissapearing into just... nothing. Snow, definitely the most likeable character, (WHO YOU DON'T EVEN GET TO CONTROL) voiced by one of the best voice actors in the business just dissapearing like that was sooo dumb!

Message 77 of 89 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1808 posts

Jul 24, 2012

Chaosdreams wrote:

CharlieisKewl wrote:

My vote goes to.... STEINER!!! XD I'm kidding of course, but I really do love Steiner. Chaosdreams, you put up a good argument with the whole Lightning thing. And I really want Cloud to get the spot personally, but if Square Enix absolutely won't allow for a FF7 rep, then I'd be fine with Lightning. Yes FF13 is not well received... at all really, but she at least represents Final Fantasy somewhat, and there are people that enjoyed FF13, such as myself. FF13 definitely wasn't as good as the others, but it was still enjoyable imo. Just because you don't want her in doesn't mean you have to stomp on other people's opinions like quickfire's when he was just stating his opinion nicely.

I didn't stomp on his opinion. I gave the most civilized version of what I can normally add towards the mention of Lightning. And as I explain from time to time. Her chances of being in the game are likely. The entire aspect of an opinion is defending it from time to time when someone questions why you like them. I know he likes the game. That's fine. I know he likes Lightning and again that's fine. I was merely pointing out for numerous reasons, which you took note of. That I personally think it would be a bad call. I'm not in charge of the development of the game so Superbot will do what's best. I rather no FF rep however if SquareEnix plays hard to get. That being my opinion. And if someone questions it I can easily answer them. I'm aware he was being polite.

I said the game wasn't all that good but ok. 0.0

Message 78 of 89 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1808 posts

Jul 24, 2012
Message 79 of 89 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Nov 19, 2012
8 pages and not one mention of Squall? As a character, he was better rounded than Tidus, or Cloud. Besides the entire cast of FFXII, the only other character that compares to the pale of Squall (in the sense of main hero), is Zidane. But since we want a female to rep FF, and Superbot is actually using Raiden instead of Snake, why not use Ashe, or Fran? FFXII had the best cast of characters since IX, and VI before it.

this is me helping
Message 80 of 89 (31 Views)
0 Likes