Fender Bender
2671 posts

Re: New idea for a FF rep.

Jul 24, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

Vashtion wrote:

CharlieisKewl wrote:

While reading your post I thought of something. What if, like you said, Square Enix plays hard to get and doesn't want a FF7 rep. Maybe if Superbot says "Ok then no FF rep" Square Enix would reconsider because we all know lately they've been pretty money hungry.

Would SuperBot want to do that though? That might offend Square. And remember SuperBot is working for Sony, so Sony might not find it in their best interest to offend Square. Square is trying to make Lightning the face of the franchise. If SuperBot requests Cloud or Sephiroth and Square says no, but offers Lightning instead, what is SuperBot supposed to say? "Uhm...no thanks"

Chances are they will take Lightning just to have a FF rep of some kind.

Square offends them every chance they get.  SCE owns an 8.25% stake in Square also but that's done squat for PS3 support this gen (Square was trash talking the PS3 before they even released a title and that first title was XIII).

If SuperBot really wants the VII characters for the fans' sake but Square wants to push Lightning, then negotiations will take place.  As I've mentioned before, the compromise may be that SuperBot will have to settle on pushing Lightning out first but will get the VII characters to offer as DLC.  So SuperBot does get the characters, although later than what fans would like but they're still there (as long as it's not like the LBP wait with the VII DLC).  Square gets to push Lightning, hands over the VII characters and gets a nice little cut from the DLC most likely on top of whatever SuperBot & Sony are offering other publishers for their inclusions.  Sure, Square makes out like a bandit in this but at least SuperBot can say they got the VII characters that fans wanted unless Square just acts like **bleep**-hats and says 'No' to Cloud & Sephiroth but you can have Red & Cait Sith Smiley Indifferent

Dear god I almost forgot about their comments towards the PS3 back when the gen started.

Why did I buy FF13... Smiley Sad I'm losing count of the rate the slap towards Sony gamers is being multiplied.

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 61 of 89 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42149 posts

Jul 24, 2012

CharlieisKewl wrote:

Yep, Chaosdreams I totally agree with both posts. Squaresoft was a fantastic company! Square Enix has adopted the modern ways of DLC and such B.S. The PSASBR way of DLC is fine though, the way DLC was made for. Making things you didn't have time to get in before the release date! Not to nickel and dime all of your customers!

SuperBot could make the DLC thing in their favor if they front load the VII pack with Cloud & Sephiroth, 2-3 additional costumes for them both, a new stage or two (maybe a FF themed one with a few other character appearances), + an item pack where you can get a Chocobo/Moogle/Tonberry or a summon (Ifrit, Bahamut, Shiva, etc.).  Charge a decent price (I think Square would also try and dictate this) and I think fans would be happy enough with the pack and getting their VII characters.

Message 62 of 89 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Jul 24, 2012

Guest_1001 wrote:

CharlieisKewl wrote:

To Vashtion,yes, that is what is most likely to happen. The thing is, Square shouldn't be trying to make Lightning the face of the franchise with all of the hate that the FF-13 "Series" has been getting. People hate FF13 and FF13-2 for not being exclusive to Playstation. Square isn't pleasing their Playstation fans by shoving Lightning in everyone's face. And I like FF13! FF13-2 not so much(Especially the ending! That was terrible!)

Huh, I thought I was the only one who felt that way about FFXIII and XIII-2. That's good to know. Smiley Happy Yeah, I despised XIII-2 with a passion and it ranks as my least favourite FF game.

I don't DESPISE 13-2, but the ending was one of the worst I've ever seen in video games ever! It just made me feel like "**bleep** was the point of all of this" And the "To be continued" A TOTAL slap in the face. The worst thing you could ever do is put a TBC on the end of a game... It's not necessary! Square is nickel and dimeing their customers compleeetely.

Message 63 of 89 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Jul 24, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

CharlieisKewl wrote:

Yep, Chaosdreams I totally agree with both posts. Squaresoft was a fantastic company! Square Enix has adopted the modern ways of DLC and such B.S. The PSASBR way of DLC is fine though, the way DLC was made for. Making things you didn't have time to get in before the release date! Not to nickel and dime all of your customers!

SuperBot could make the DLC thing in their favor if they front load the VII pack with Cloud & Sephiroth, 2-3 additional costumes for them both, a new stage or two (maybe a FF themed one with a few other character appearances), + an item pack where you can get a Chocobo/Moogle/Tonberry or a summon (Ifrit, Bahamut, Shiva, etc.).  Charge a decent price (I think Square would also try and dictate this) and I think fans would be happy enough with the pack and getting their VII characters.

Yeah, That'd work. As long as Square isn't like "Make it $19.99!" Jeez... It needs to be 5 bucks at the most, hopefully around 2.99 though.

Message 64 of 89 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42149 posts

Jul 24, 2012

CharlieisKewl wrote:

To Vashtion,yes, that is what is most likely to happen. The thing is, Square shouldn't be trying to make Lightning the face of the franchise with all of the hate that the FF-13 "Series" has been getting. People hate FF13 and FF13-2 for not being exclusive to Playstation. Square isn't pleasing their Playstation fans by shoving Lightning in everyone's face. And I like FF13! FF13-2 not so much(Especially the ending! That was terrible!)

What Square is doing is counterproductive to what they want and I don't know why they don't stop.  They shouldn't be trying to shove a character down a fanbase's throat.  They should let the character become a fan favorite on their own.  Isn't that how Cloud & Sephiroth got their status?  By their own character and actions?  They were characters that fans fell in love with.

Message 65 of 89 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Jul 24, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

CharlieisKewl wrote:

What Square is doing is counterproductive to what they want and I don't know why they don't stop.  They shouldn't be trying to shove a character down a fanbase's throat.  They should let the character become a fan favorite on their own.  Isn't that how Cloud & Sephiroth got their status?  By their own character and actions?  They were characters that fans fell in love with.

Exactly man I couldn't have said it better myself.

Message 66 of 89 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
488 posts

Jul 24, 2012
I love Auron, hopefully down the line he will be in but that would be maybe a couple sequels away.
http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum

Photobucket
Message 67 of 89 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Jul 24, 2012

Jechtsphere wrote:
I love Auron, hopefully down the line he will be in but that would be maybe a couple sequels away.

Yeah, sorry. I never owned a PS2 so I couldn't play FF10/10-2 or FF12. But I'm sure he's a cool character.

Message 68 of 89 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Jul 24, 2012

CharlieisKewl wrote:

Oh and out of curiousity, Chaos, what game is your Signature from? In one thread I remember a guy making fun of you for it and you said its from a game you like.

Aha, it's from the Xenosaga trilogy. A series in its own right that in my opinion was going head to head with the likes of FFX. However with much less publicity and a lot less known. It's a jrpg. 3 games released, and the same fighting style (I'm drawing a blank) as FFX. it was supposed to have six games in the franchise. A ps2 series I might add. Moreover the reason why the company only released 3 games is because they fell apart. The first was amazing, the second game had tremendous gameplay issues but the story was still strong. However do to this they only had enough money to make one more game. So they managed to form an ending suitable to what was known up to that point and combine the best of both worlds from the first two installments. And they left the ending of the third game as a "what if?" sort of scenario. So perhaps 20 years from now or whatever someone might pick up the iP and start anew.

It's from some of the people who worked on Xenogears and Xenoblade. Though I have no idea who or how many people are responsible for the IP's. A lot of speculation claimed that Xenogears and Xenosaga were connected. And many people believed that the ending of the third game pretty much lead up to it. I never played Xenogears though so I have no idea.

All I know is, this beautiful lady is from it.

xenoart.png

and the quote is from this man:

Luis.png

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 69 of 89 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42149 posts

Jul 24, 2012

CharlieisKewl wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

CharlieisKewl wrote:

Yeah, That'd work. As long as Square isn't like "Make it $19.99!" Jeez... It needs to be 5 bucks at the most, hopefully around 2.99 though.

Square might dictate that as well.  They'll probably want it all split up (Cloud in one pack, Sephiroth in another, a Stage pack, a costume pack and then the item pack) for $3-4 each and then $15+ for it all in a bundle =\  SuperBot will probably want to keep DLC reasonable for it's price and or meaty for what you get.  If they could do DLC like the above and charge ~$5, I think that would be a sweet spot for fans of other series given what they're getting from their favorite series being included in the game.  Maybe ~$3-4 if you're only getting 1 character from a series added as DLC.

If Square wants to charge $15+, they should throw in leads from the other FF games (VIII, IX, X, XII).

Message 70 of 89 (55 Views)
0 Likes