Fender Bender
2671 posts

Re: New idea for a FF rep.

Jul 24, 2012

CharlieisKewl wrote:

My vote goes to.... STEINER!!! XD I'm kidding of course, but I really do love Steiner. Chaosdreams, you put up a good argument with the whole Lightning thing. And I really want Cloud to get the spot personally, but if Square Enix absolutely won't allow for a FF7 rep, then I'd be fine with Lightning. Yes FF13 is not well received... at all really, but she at least represents Final Fantasy somewhat, and there are people that enjoyed FF13, such as myself. FF13 definitely wasn't as good as the others, but it was still enjoyable imo. Just because you don't want her in doesn't mean you have to stomp on other people's opinions like quickfire's when he was just stating his opinion nicely.

I didn't stomp on his opinion. I gave the most civilized version of what I can normally add towards the mention of Lightning. And as I explain from time to time. Her chances of being in the game are likely. The entire aspect of an opinion is defending it from time to time when someone questions why you like them. I know he likes the game. That's fine. I know he likes Lightning and again that's fine. I was merely pointing out for numerous reasons, which you took note of. That I personally think it would be a bad call. I'm not in charge of the development of the game so Superbot will do what's best. I rather no FF rep however if SquareEnix plays hard to get. That being my opinion. And if someone questions it I can easily answer them. I'm aware he was being polite.

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 51 of 89 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Jul 24, 2012

While reading your post I thought of something. What if, like you said, Square Enix plays hard to get and doesn't want a FF7 rep. Maybe if Superbot says "Ok then no FF rep" Square Enix would reconsider because we all know lately they've been pretty money hungry.

Message 52 of 89 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 24, 2012

CharlieisKewl wrote:

While reading your post I thought of something. What if, like you said, Square Enix plays hard to get and doesn't want a FF7 rep. Maybe if Superbot says "Ok then no FF rep" Square Enix would reconsider because we all know lately they've been pretty money hungry.

Would SuperBot want to do that though? That might offend Square. And remember SuperBot is working for Sony, so Sony might not find it in their best interest to offend Square. Square is trying to make Lightning the face of the franchise. If SuperBot requests Cloud or Sephiroth and Square says no, but offers Lightning instead, what is SuperBot supposed to say? "Uhm...no thanks"

Chances are they will take Lightning just to have a FF rep of some kind.

Message 53 of 89 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Jul 24, 2012

CharlieisKewl wrote:

Well I'd say there's a few logical suggestions. Most of which SlashZaku has pointed out numerous times and I agree with.

1. SquareEnix will give us Lightning and then tell Superbot that Cloud and any other FF rep can be used as Dlc if the game sells well + they get a nice slice of the profit.

2. As you suggested, if Superbot stands up to SquareEnix and tells them that the baby routine won't work, perhaps they will reconsider and give us someone else besides the obvious choice of Lightning.

3. We get Lightning and that's it. Superbot takes it and says "oh well, always the next game."

SquareEnix is indeed hungry for money and they haven't had a good gen. Add on the rumors of Versus being cancelled, they aren't looking to good in the eyes of Sony fans. If anything, getting Lightning in PSABR might blow up and cause a few people to not buy the game. I know, drastic. But SquareEnix is getting a lot of hate the past three days. Not that they never have, but it's gotten to a boiling point. People want to see the FF franchise go back into the way it was. Good story and loveable characters. So when you think towards PSABR you'd wonder if SquareEnix will try to start a change and give the community what it desires the most, or just give us what they want in order to try and boost sales for the rumored 13-3. It'll make a few people happy. Make more angry.

--------

Message 54 of 89 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Jul 24, 2012

Vashtion wrote:

CharlieisKewl wrote:

Would SuperBot want to do that though? That might offend Square. And remember SuperBot is working for Sony, so Sony might not find it in their best interest to offend Square. Square is trying to make Lightning the face of the franchise. If SuperBot requests Cloud or Sephiroth and Square says no, but offers Lightning instead, what is SuperBot supposed to say? "Uhm...no thanks"

Square has been the one offending Sony gamers this entire gen. FF-13 goes multi plat. And Versus is rumored to be cancelled. They've done nothing for Sony gamers in the show of appreciation. The love from the ps1-ps2 era is over. So Superbot can have the backbone to tell them "no" since this is a game they are making. SquareEnix isn't a god that dictates anything beyond who they offer. If the offer is denied so be it.

--------

Message 55 of 89 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 24, 2012

To Vashtion,yes, that is what is most likely to happen. The thing is, Square shouldn't be trying to make Lightning the face of the franchise with all of the hate that the FF-13 "Series" has been getting. People hate FF13 and FF13-2 for not being exclusive to Playstation. Square isn't pleasing their Playstation fans by shoving Lightning in everyone's face. And I like FF13! FF13-2 not so much(Especially the ending! That was terrible!)

Message 56 of 89 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42138 posts

Jul 24, 2012

Vashtion wrote:

CharlieisKewl wrote:

Square offends them every chance they get.  SCE owns an 8.25% stake in Square also but that's done squat for PS3 support this gen (Square was trash talking the PS3 before they even released a title and that first title was XIII).

If SuperBot really wants the VII characters for the fans' sake but Square wants to push Lightning, then negotiations will take place.  As I've mentioned before, the compromise may be that SuperBot will have to settle on pushing Lightning out first but will get the VII characters to offer as DLC.  So SuperBot does get the characters, although later than what fans would like but they're still there (as long as it's not like the LBP wait with the VII DLC).  Square gets to push Lightning, hands over the VII characters and gets a nice little cut from the DLC most likely on top of whatever SuperBot & Sony are offering other publishers for their inclusions.  Sure, Square makes out like a bandit in this but at least SuperBot can say they got the VII characters that fans wanted unless Square just acts like **bleep**-hats and says 'No' to Cloud & Sephiroth but you can have Red & Cait Sith Smiley Indifferent

Message 57 of 89 (64 Views)
Sackboy
478 posts

Jul 24, 2012

Yep, Chaosdreams I totally agree with both posts. Squaresoft was a fantastic company! Square Enix has adopted the modern ways of DLC and such B.S. The PSASBR way of DLC is fine though, the way DLC was made for. Making things you didn't have time to get in before the release date! Not to nickel and dime all of your customers!

Message 58 of 89 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jul 24, 2012

CharlieisKewl wrote:

To Vashtion,yes, that is what is most likely to happen. The thing is, Square shouldn't be trying to make Lightning the face of the franchise with all of the hate that the FF-13 "Series" has been getting. People hate FF13 and FF13-2 for not being exclusive to Playstation. Square isn't pleasing their Playstation fans by shoving Lightning in everyone's face. And I like FF13! FF13-2 not so much(Especially the ending! That was terrible!)

Huh, I thought I was the only one who felt that way about FFXIII and XIII-2. That's good to know. Smiley Happy Yeah, I despised XIII-2 with a passion and it ranks as my least favourite FF game.

Message 59 of 89 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Jul 24, 2012

Oh and out of curiousity, Chaos, what game is your Signature from? In one thread I remember a guy making fun of you for it and you said its from a game you like.

Message 60 of 89 (54 Views)
0 Likes