Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Re: New idea for a FF rep.

Jul 23, 2012
I think cloud and sephiroth are the real 'all-stars' of final fantasy so I think they should be in there. Although I'd prefer tifa and vincent valentine
Message 31 of 89 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Jul 23, 2012

quickfire123 wrote:

Chaosdreams wrote:

quickfire123 wrote:

Im still hoping for lightning, I think people who keep on saying Clould or Sephiroth arent giving any other reps a chance, they've been in enough stuff

Lightning represents a horrid story with unbelievably dull characters. Yes, let's give Lightning a chance. You know what other reps are being overshadowed? The FF games that didn't suck horrendously.

Its sound like your same that she bares the weight of how bad the rest of the game is. In FF13-2 in my opinion her personallity is somewhat changed

Any character represents the game in which they come from. She represents FF13 so yes I hold her in the same level of value as the story and character development. I hated 13, absolutely hated it. Linear, horrific storyline and the most unlikable characters I've ever come across. Why would I purchase a continuation of said awful experience? It was a corridor of pretty graphics with each cutscene taking place at the same spot. I saw the same fire works go off over, and over.

And then I hear how there's time travel in FF13-2? I rather not even try and touch that.

So Lightning getting in just shows me Superbot lost the battle with SquareEnix and decided she's better then no representative. But I'd say no representative is better then Lightning. Plenty of other Jrpg's that don't share the FF name that can take a slot.

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 32 of 89 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1802 posts

Jul 23, 2012

Chaosdreams wrote:

quickfire123 wrote:

Chaosdreams wrote:

quickfire123 wrote:

Im still hoping for lightning, I think people who keep on saying Clould or Sephiroth arent giving any other reps a chance, they've been in enough stuff

Lightning represents a horrid story with unbelievably dull characters. Yes, let's give Lightning a chance. You know what other reps are being overshadowed? The FF games that didn't suck horrendously.

Its sound like your same that she bares the weight of how bad the rest of the game is. In FF13-2 in my opinion her personallity is somewhat changed

Any character represents the game in which they come from. She represents FF13 so yes I hold her in the same level of value as the story and character development. I hated 13, absolutely hated it. Linear, horrific storyline and the most unlikable characters I've ever come across. Why would I purchase a continuation of said awful experience? It was a corridor of pretty graphics with each cutscene taking place at the same spot. I saw the same fire works go off over, and over.

And then I hear how there's time travel in FF13-2? I rather not even try and touch that.

So Lightning getting in just shows me Superbot lost the battle with SquareEnix and decided she's better then no representative. But I'd say no representative is better then Lightning. Plenty of other Jrpg's that don't share the FF name that can take a slot.

lol ya the time travel part made me go **bleep**. It's possible that superbot does want her though. Im thinking about posting a lightning move list just to show the game play aspect she would add, but im scared of the hate comments.

Message 33 of 89 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
40 posts

Jul 23, 2012

Chaosdreams wrote:

quickfire123 wrote:

Chaosdreams wrote:

quickfire123 wrote:

I'd agree with this. imo, the only thing Lightning has that would be any reason to put her in the game is that she's a girl. Otherwise Cloud is a far better option, and it would be a huge letdown if she was in it over him.

Message 34 of 89 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Jul 23, 2012

quickfire123 wrote:

Chaosdreams wrote:

quickfire123 wrote:

Chaosdreams wrote:

quickfire123 wrote:

lol ya the time travel part made me go **bleep**. It's possible that superbot does want her though. Im thinking about posting a lightning move list just to show the game play aspect she would add, but im scared of the hate comments.

Superbot might regard her as being unique in fighting style. But that loses it's value when you realize she has a sword and is incredibily athletic. That's not unique. She's a female, not unique. It can go on.

If we have Lightning it'll be as SlashZaku said, either a compromise or in my opinion, just Superbot saying "fine better then nothing."

--------

Message 35 of 89 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1802 posts

Jul 23, 2012

Ill make a move set list, just be optimistic when u guys see, ignore the fact that shes from FF13, imagine like its your first time seeing her and look at the game play value.

For the guy who said she has a sword n atletic, she also has a gun and use magic, and has a eidolon.

Message 36 of 89 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Jul 23, 2012

quickfire123 wrote:

Ill make a move set list, just be optimistic when u guys see, ignore the fact that shes from FF13, imagine like its your first time seeing her and look at the game play value.

For the guy who said she has a sword n atletic, she also has a gun and use magic, and has a eidolon.

Gun and magic isn't unique. As for the eidolon, which I assume (if i recall) is simply a summoning, that's not unique either.

--------

Message 37 of 89 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Jul 23, 2012

quickfire123 wrote:

Why are you so adamant about Lightning lol? I guess I understand if you really like her character. But you have to admit that Cloud or Seph deserve the slot much more. Lightning getting in would simply be because SE wants her to and wouldn't let SuperBot use a FF7 rep. Tbh I think people will definitely hate her MORE if she takes Cloud or Sephiroths slot.

Message 38 of 89 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

Jul 23, 2012
I would hate her more if she takes a spot from Cloud or Sephiroth lol. I don't see how she means anything to Sony history tbh
Sephiroth, Cloud, Sora, Crash, Spyro, Old Dante need to be in this game
Message 39 of 89 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Jul 23, 2012

v3f4k8_v3 wrote:
I would hate her more if she takes a spot from Cloud or Sephiroth lol. I don't see how she means anything to Sony history tbh

She means absolutely nothing to the history. You are correct.

--------

Message 40 of 89 (50 Views)
0 Likes