Uncharted Territory
1810 posts

Re: New idea for a FF rep.

Jul 23, 2012

Im still hoping for lightning, I think people who keep on saying Clould or Sephiroth arent giving any other reps a chance, they've been in enough stuff

Message 21 of 89 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Jul 23, 2012

quickfire123 wrote:

Im still hoping for lightning, I think people who keep on saying Clould or Sephiroth arent giving any other reps a chance, they've been in enough stuff

Lightning represents a horrid story with unbelievably dull characters. Yes, let's give Lightning a chance. You know what other reps are being overshadowed? The FF games that didn't suck horrendously.

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 22 of 89 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42198 posts

Jul 23, 2012

quickfire123 wrote:

The way Square is pushing XIII, hmm...

Given how big a splash VII made on the PS1, that's why people are clamoring for Cloud and/or Sephiroth in an 'PS All Stars' game.  Lightning on the other hand has a certain stigma for some people.

Best case scenario in Square's opinion: Lightning initial FF rep, Cloud & Sephiroth as DLC so they can make bank.

Message 23 of 89 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jul 23, 2012

i give everyone a chance, love more than 2 characters of the ff franchise, but if i had to chose for one or 2, my bets on them before the others

--------------------------------

I give you Kudos for real Money --- pm me. . . . .
Message 24 of 89 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 23, 2012

quickfire123 wrote:

Don't get me wrong man. I do like Lightning, but Cloud and Sephiroth both mean much more to the Playstation brand than she does. FFVII was much better recieved and Cloud is literally the face of the franchise. And Sephiroth finds his home among many "Top Video Game Villain" lists.

It's not that I hate Lightning. It's just that Cloud and Sephiroth both deserve the spot much more imo.

Message 25 of 89 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Jul 23, 2012

I want Tidus, cause he´s hot!

Though I would be fine with anyone else too.

Message 26 of 89 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1810 posts

Jul 23, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

quickfire123 wrote:

The way Square is pushing XIII, hmm...

Given how big a splash VII made on the PS1, that's why people are clamoring for Cloud and/or Sephiroth in an 'PS All Stars' game.  Lightning on the other hand has a certain stigma for some people.

Best case scenario in Square's opinion: Lightning initial FF rep, Cloud & Sephiroth as DLC so they can make bank.

I remeber when u said that and that what im kinda hoping for. Lets just see what XIII has to offer before we critizes. I hope they give both cloud and lightning. I just wonder why she's so hated

Message 27 of 89 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1810 posts

Jul 23, 2012

Chaosdreams wrote:

quickfire123 wrote:

Lightning represents a horrid story with unbelievably dull characters. Yes, let's give Lightning a chance. You know what other reps are being overshadowed? The FF games that didn't suck horrendously.

Its sound like your same that she bares the weight of how bad the rest of the game is. In FF13-2 in my opinion her personallity is somewhat changed

Message 28 of 89 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42198 posts

Jul 23, 2012

quickfire123 wrote:
I just wonder why she's so hated

XIII's own reception (the linearity), it going multiplatform which a good portion of PS fans thought was a slap in the face (her being the rep wouldn't help matters) after it being touted as exclusive for so long and just in general, she falters to the demand from VII fans (which is the norm for other FF games too).  I also don't think Square is helping when we're probably getting 3 XIII releases after the reception the series has gotten and people are still looking for something more in the way of VII, such as a remake (Square should have never made that VII prototype video for the PS3).

As I mentioned, there is a certain stigma surrounding Lighting and XIII in general and it all falls on Square's shoulders for it even being there.

Message 29 of 89 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
40 posts

Jul 23, 2012
No FF character other than Cloud, Sephiroth, and Lightning have any chance of being in the game. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.
Message 30 of 89 (81 Views)
0 Likes