Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Re: New gameplay with Loco Roco and alt colors

Oct 16, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Its just not innovative. Stoaway looks like a great stage, with a mash up that works (even if its not all that big), Dreamscape and Hades both have fun with their mash ups, as does Aldens Tower. The Loco stage mash up just resembles the Time Station stage, which isn't all that great. Regardless, the stages themselves are pretty good, but their mash ups just deserved a little more thought like the others did, in my opinion atleast.

Yeah well that is true. The LocoRoco stage was amazing but then the Metal Gear appeared... I don't know, that's why I don't like mash-ups that much. The Metal Gear "Ruined" Loco Roco. It's just too random, the two styles don't mix at all. If it was only Loco Roco without MG, it would have been amazing. That's a shame. Uncharted and Bioshock mix better.

Anyway, no MediEvil stage at all?

Message 61 of 70 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Oct 16, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Its just not innovative. Stoaway looks like a great stage, with a mash up that works (even if its not all that big), Dreamscape and Hades both have fun with their mash ups, as does Aldens Tower. The Loco stage mash up just resembles the Time Station stage, which isn't all that great. Regardless, the stages themselves are pretty good, but their mash ups just deserved a little more thought like the others did, in my opinion atleast.

Yeah well that is true. The LocoRoco stage was amazing but then the Metal Gear appeared... I don't know, that's why I don't like mash-ups that much. The Metal Gear "Ruined" Loco Roco. It's just too random, the two styles don't mix at all. If it was only Loco Roco without MG, it would have been amazing. That's a shame. Uncharted and Bioshock mix better.

Anyway, no MediEvil stage at all?

looks like i wasn't the only one who thought that the stage looked weird,

oh well, looks like i won't be using that stage much (unless i choose random)

Play For Fun!
Message 62 of 70 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 16, 2012
Yeah, if you read my first comment on the first page, I was pretty blown away by the Loco Roco stage, paused half way to write that comment. Then out of nowhere a MGS RAy sits at the back just staring at you, doing nothing really distinctive, thus my second comment straight after.

As of yet, no MediEvil stage announced, but theirs 3 leaked stages yet to be official revealed, it may be a mash up.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 63 of 70 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Oct 16, 2012
The mashup in the background isn't doing anything is because stage hazards are off. Same as why there are no questions in the buzz part of the lbp stage

Message 64 of 70 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 16, 2012
It's not just that, it just doesn't mix very well with the stage, it's kind of distracting. Hades & Patapon mixed perfectly, here it's just...strange.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 65 of 70 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Oct 16, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
It's not just that, it just doesn't mix very well with the stage, it's kind of distracting. Hades & Patapon mixed perfectly, here it's just...strange.

^this

it just looks weird...

Play For Fun!
Message 66 of 70 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
387 posts

Oct 17, 2012
What was that blue/white shooting item that Toro picked up?
When in doubt, freak 'em out.
Message 67 of 70 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Oct 17, 2012

did anyone notice at the end of the stowaways level, around 3:47-3:48, sly gains "1050 RP." I assume this is what the leveling up points are called but what do they mean? i wonder...

-------------------------------------------------------
My plumbing is all screwed up. Because it turns out, I do not own a garbage disposal.
Message 68 of 70 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Oct 17, 2012
Yeah I saw that. It's cool that you level up even in local

Message 69 of 70 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

I liRe: New gameplay with Loco Roco and alt colors

Oct 17, 2012

I like the level up thing but I don't think it represents something RPG-like. It's probably only about unlockable things, like you reach level 10 with Sly and you unlock a new costume for Sly.

Or at least I hope it is, a level-up system which actually makes the character stronger would destroy the game. 

Message 70 of 70 (103 Views)
0 Likes