Mar 11 2013
By: ProjectChimera First Son 6 posts

New Stage Ideas and DLC Wishlist

9 replies 286 views Edited Mar 11, 2013

Cover Photo.png

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but I've been looking at it for a while. Here's a picture I made featuring all the characters I'd like added to the game as DLC. I've tried to keep it as realistic as possible (ie no Solid Snake due to his Smash Bro's Involvement).
Obviously this means nothing as it's all down to Studio Santa Monica and the respective liscence holders but I figured I'd throw in my two cents. Regardless of what DLC characters come out I will be buying them (likewise with the stages and some of the costumes) as I spent a very large chunk of my time playing this game with my flatmates. I'm just really hoping for either Crash or Spyro and then mayber a rep from Final Fantasy (I'd prefer Sephiroth over Cloud if I'm honest...).

The characters out of those in the picture that I'd most want would be:
-Crash Bandicoot
-Classic Dante
-Sephiroth
-Pyramid Head
-Spyro The Dragon
-Klonoa

I've also come up with a couple of cool concepts for level crossovers - although I haven't made a picture for those:
Crash Bandicoot - Slippery Climb X Spyro 2: Gateway To Glimmer - Ripto Boss Battle
The stage would play a bit like Alden's tower with the stage gradually rising over the course of the battle. Ripto would occasionally appear during this and would do something to the stage (probably via crunch or gulp) and then once the stage had reached the top he would start attacking from the air, dropping fireballs and such like he does in the final stage of his boss battle

DmC: Devil May Cry - Virility Factory X Silent Hill
The stage would be fixed and would evolve over the course of the battle. Initially the stage has no hazards, just three vats in the background with some posters or somethign advertising virility. The vats would occasionally spill leaving all but a third of the stage covered in their contents. This acidic liquid would do the same thing as the chimera's acid spray in time station - this would also force battling for the unaffected spot. About half way through the battle the lighting would begin to flicker and grow darker. Then for a second the stage would descend into darkness. When the lights come back on the vats now contain monsters (nothing too bad due to the certificate of the game - but something sufficiently silent hill - ideally the nurses). Occasionally a section of the floor will burn up and fall (about the size of ne third of the stage). The floor would flicker or start smoking before falling so as to give players time to move. Any players falling into the pit will respawn and lose AP, being stunned for a second or two.

Devil May Cry 4: Bianco Angelo Battle X Klonoa: Door To Phantomile - Ghadius Battle

This would play out similarly to the san francisco and fearless stages. The battle would begin on the outdoor (daytime) platform on which you fight Bianco Angelo in DMC4. Bianco Angelo would be in the background as a cameo but would not interact with the players. The daylight would begin to fade into night over the course of the battle and Bianco Angelo would be teleported offscreen. Ghadius would then appeal and would then start firing projectiles at the players (slow moving and few in number) - being hit would result in ap loss and being thrown across the screen.

What do you guys think of my ideas?
I know they'lll probably never come to fruition - but its nice to imagine haha.
I've got faith that Santa Monica can continue where Superbot left off and give us some more great content for an already great game!

-Project Chimera

Get your Portable ID!

Crash and Spyro for Playstation Allstars!
Message 1 of 10 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Re: New Stage Ideas and DLC Wishlist

Mar 11, 2013

kingallstars.png

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 10 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1418 posts

Mar 11, 2013

Message 3 of 10 (271 Views)
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Mar 11, 2013

You said you tried to keep it as realistic as possible, but literally all of those are 3rd-party characters, most of which are probably very unlikely to be included.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 10 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1469 posts

Mar 11, 2013
Neo Cortez should be replaced by an AC rep.
DC Universe and Playstation Home
Message 5 of 10 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1469 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 11, 2013

And sephiroth with king of all cosmos

DC Universe and Playstation Home
Message 6 of 10 (219 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Mar 11, 2013

Just because characters are 3rd party doesn't mean they're unrealistic - look at Big Daddy, Isaac Clark etc. Admittedly there's more Sony Owned characters in the game as it stands but there are still reps from 3rd parties. I was basing mine more on legacy characters with fan support (ie crash, spyro) and characters with recent games (Scorpion, Lara Croft). Admittedly some of my list don't meet these criteria (ie Croc, Klonoa, Rayman) as they don't seem to have the same fan support but this is still a wishlist so :')

Also can i just ask, what game is King of the Cosmos from? I've played most major game series in my time but I seem to have missed out on his and I'd like to look into it a little Smiley Happy But like I said I'd rather Sephiroth was in than Cloud so if either of them was to be replaced by King of the Cosmos I would hope that it would be Cloud

Get your Portable ID!

Message 7 of 10 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Mar 11, 2013

ProjectChimera wrote:

Just because characters are 3rd party doesn't mean they're unrealistic - look at Big Daddy, Isaac Clark etc. Admittedly there's more Sony Owned characters in the game as it stands but there are still reps from 3rd parties. I was basing mine more on legacy characters with fan support (ie crash, spyro) and characters with recent games (Scorpion, Lara Croft). Admittedly some of my list don't meet these criteria (ie Croc, Klonoa, Rayman) as they don't seem to have the same fan support but this is still a wishlist so :')

Also can i just ask, what game is King of the Cosmos from? I've played most major game series in my time but I seem to have missed out on his and I'd like to look into it a little Smiley Happy But like I said I'd rather Sephiroth was in than Cloud so if either of them was to be replaced by King of the Cosmos I would hope that it would be Cloud

The king of all cosmos is from the katamari damacy series (that game where you roll the sticky ball into everything and try to make it as large as possible).

It's been around for 9 years, is referenced in the simpsons and World of Warcraft, is almlost entirely playstation exclusive, and is currently on display in the museum of modern art.  It's for ps2, psp, ps3, psvita

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 10 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9888 posts

Mar 11, 2013
You just HAD to ask what Katamari was...
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 9 of 10 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
6 posts

Mar 11, 2013

Thanks ths_iis_marko - I'll have a look into that - sounds interesting haha

Get your Portable ID!

Message 10 of 10 (154 Views)
0 Likes