Fender Bender
2908 posts

Re: New Rival Reveal discussion

Sep 21, 2012

peartboyz wrote:

I'm not getting this... so a rival can rival some one but they that some one can have another rival... interesting... I like the other way better. Sure you get to see different charecter interactions tis way but I want more in depth interactions, quantity over quality.

That's not confirmed yet, we'll have to wait and see.

And both Heavenly Sword and the new DmC are Ninja Theory games.

Message 11 of 29 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

Sep 21, 2012
I'm still not completely convinced that the rivals are one-sided. I think that Paul Gale meant that each rivalry had a reason, and it wasn't just "A against B." The cutscenes would help explain this.
Message 12 of 29 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Sep 21, 2012

peartboyz wrote:

I'm not getting this... so a rival can rival some one but they that some one can have another rival... interesting... I like the other way better. Sure you get to see different charecter interactions tis way but I want more in depth interactions, quantity over quality.

The only problem I see with this is that there can be an infinite amount of rivals, endlessy looping in a big circle. I wonder how this will play out...

Message 13 of 29 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

Sep 21, 2012
Also, after thinking over Nariko VS. Kratos, I think I like Dante more. Sure, both Nariko and Kratos are similar, but she and Dante have a higher Personality Potential. From what I've seen they could very well clash even if they weren't in an arena.

I'm okay without Nariko VS. Kratos, but I'd be seriously peeved if the two Coles had different rivals. I'm certain many have been dreaming of them fighting, and a mere 1v1 without cutscenes or a storyline won't satisfy...
Message 14 of 29 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 21, 2012

spyderdude wrote:

If Dante's rival is Nariko, then Nariko's rival can be Kratos, then etc and etc.

Dante is a better 1 v 1 fighter than both of them.

Message 15 of 29 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 21, 2012

D-Squad3 wrote:

peartboyz wrote:

what....? it was confirmed, superbot and omar both said A Vs B doesnt mean B Vs a....they have mixed them all up

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 16 of 29 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Sep 21, 2012
If a Resistance rep is going to make it in, then Radec just has to be rivals with him/it. Anyone else think so?
Message 17 of 29 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2908 posts

Sep 21, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

D-Squad3 wrote:

peartboyz wrote:

what....? it was confirmed, superbot and omar both said A Vs B doesnt mean B Vs a....they have mixed them all up

Hmm well I never saw it, not saying you're wrong. Just haven't seen it yet.

Message 18 of 29 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 21, 2012

D-Squad3 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

D-Squad3 wrote:

peartboyz wrote:

omar said it at evo i believe, in the interview/panel, and superbot has said yes to many people asking on twitter if thats really how its going to be Smiley Happy

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 19 of 29 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 21, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

D-Squad3 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

D-Squad3 wrote:

peartboyz wrote:

omar said it at evo i believe, in the interview/panel, and superbot has said yes to many people asking on twitter if thats really how its going to be Smiley Happy

At EVO, Omar only said it wasn't cut and dry A vs. B.  They've never elaborated once on Twitter since before E3 - before we knew about rivalries.  If you want to try and disprove that, check Twitter.  I literally just spot-checked every tweet from before E3 to today, including replies.  Not once did they even hint at a set rivalry system, and not once did they even tweet about rivalries.  We only know that it's not simple, nothing more.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 20 of 29 (127 Views)
0 Likes