Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Re: New PodCast Interview with Omar Kendal

Jan 20, 2013

TwistedAvenger wrote:
@coreno I disagree he is obviously he is one of the most used characters of course he is gonna have more wins. I just don't see any of his moves as op or hard to avoid barrel included, and his ap gain is super reasonable and he's got a good level 1, just below average level 2, and if anything slightly above average level 3 it's good but no were near as good as some make it out to be.

@quickfire123 no I didn't see the tournament yesterday I has work all day then went to a friends house straight after, if anyone has a link to it if they recorded it I would like to watch it though.

Also I still love and support this game despite being one of the people who can barely play online due to the disconnect issue, but I don't think their telemetry system works as well as they act like it does. Just because they have a system doesn't mean it works perfectly.

I dont have a recording but this is a the drake did:

Never used square (maybe a few times)

Used walking ak

Used gun loop

Used many barrels

And in order of most supers used from great to least 3, 2, 1

P.S.

The matches were 2v2 kill limit

also every kratos user only used square moves and a few times parry

Fp, and Nariko played air game (thats why i hate chain moves)

Parrapa and Toro faught fair

Raiden didnt use grabs that much but kept gettting easy lvl 1 kills

Jak did a ap burst combo and showed that he is a fair character

not sure if i missed anything else

Message 51 of 58 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Jan 20, 2013
Honestly when it comes to using one move over an over aka "spam" I look at in a sense that if the other players allow someone to do it then why not do it? There is always a way to stop it, but most people don't try to stop it and then just complain about it.
Message 52 of 58 (262 Views)
Big Daddy
18884 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Ishak125 wrote:

coreno wrote:

Ishak125 wrote:

Typical omar kendall you ask for a hint at DLC and you shoot it down straight away. And you wonder why this game sold so badly LOLsuperbot

What if he says they're negoitating a Crash DLC, or are working on Spyro, then negotiations fall through on the rights to use the character, and we never see it? Makes a lot of people look bad, and fans angry. So they can only mention it if it's pretty much set in stone, and even then, there are marketing things to be taken into consideration.

Besides, I don't think it sold all that horribly. 

Negotiating ? Lol your delusional kid, negotiations ended months before the game was even announced with a big fat NO from Activision. They are never going to be in. Get over it. What YOU think is neither here nor there, it's the sales chart that we look at for sales not what YOU think. Stupid kid

Woah, where'd that come from? I only used Crash and Spyro as an example. That could go for any character. 

I said "think" regarding sales, because I don't know any actual figures or numbers, nor did I bother to look them up, it didn't seem that important. I am under the impression that the game sold well based on Superbots general satisfaction with sales of the game, and the overall activity surround the game in online communities and tournaments. 

And for the record, by most definitions I'm not a kid.

Message 53 of 58 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18884 posts

Jan 20, 2013

TwistedAvenger wrote:
@coreno I disagree he is obviously he is one of the most used characters of course he is gonna have more wins. I just don't see any of his moves as op or hard to avoid barrel included, and his ap gain is super reasonable and he's got a good level 1, just below average level 2, and if anything slightly above average level 3 it's good but no were near as good as some make it out to be.

@quickfire123 no I didn't see the tournament yesterday I has work all day then went to a friends house straight after, if anyone has a link to it if they recorded it I would like to watch it though.

Also I still love and support this game despite being one of the people who can barely play online due to the disconnect issue, but I don't think their telemetry system works as well as they act like it does. Just because they have a system doesn't mean it works perfectly.

We want to look at wins per game, not total wins.

If you take a random 100 games played that included a Drake, and 100 random games that included a Fat Princess... they should have fairly similar win/loss record (if they are perfectly evenly balanced, and are played other perfectly evenly balanced characters).

Message 54 of 58 (237 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Jan 20, 2013
Yeah except that's likely to never happen with any 2 given characters there are numerous factors that can effect the results, you just llisted the most perfect ideal situation which again I don't see as likely to happen with any 2 characters, not to mention that's a one on one situation that could not account for FFA and 2v2.
Message 55 of 58 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Jan 21, 2013
Can't wait
Photobucket
Message 56 of 58 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Jan 21, 2013
Besides the OP sohail was the only helpful who post a summary of the podcast kudos to you my friend.
Message 57 of 58 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Jan 21, 2013
Anyone else think instead of basing nerfs/buffs and results of all the games played it should be based on high level play?
Message 58 of 58 (75 Views)
0 Likes