Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Re: New Metal Gear Solid announced

Aug 30, 2012

How great would it be to have Big Boss throw poisonous snakes at enemies and lay down Playboy magazines to stun other players. 

Message 11 of 24 (126 Views)
Sackboy
478 posts

Aug 30, 2012

Found a video! Around 4:15 Raiden slices a box open and an enemy is inside it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llcbWzAYqOM&feature=relmfu

Message 12 of 24 (125 Views)
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:
Big Boss has the MSF at his back. He could pretty much just call in infantry, tanks and some air support to lay waste to the stage or his group's Metal Gear (would be ZEKE) as his Lv 3.

I would love either of those, I've never played Peace Walker (I plan on it soon though) but I think a Metal Gear should be incorporated in some way if Solid Snake or Big Boss makes it in.

Kind of off-topic, but I've always hoped for a some sort MGS game which incorporated all the bosses throughout the series. I'm not sure how would you do it, but the thought of 3rd person multiplayer game (or maybe a strategy RPG?) where you could have Sniper Wolf vs. Fortune vs. The Fury vs. Laughing Octopus vs etc. would be mindblowing.

Message 13 of 24 (113 Views)
Shinra Executive
42139 posts

Aug 30, 2012

harms64 wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:
Big Boss has the MSF at his back. He could pretty much just call in infantry, tanks and some air support to lay waste to the stage or his group's Metal Gear (would be ZEKE) as his Lv 3.

I would love either of those, I've never played Peace Walker (I plan on it soon though) but I think a Metal Gear should be incorporated in some way if Solid Snake or Big Boss makes it in.

Kind of off-topic, but I've always hoped for a some sort MGS game which incorporated all the bosses throughout the series. I'm not sure how would you do it, but the thought of 3rd person multiplayer game (or maybe a strategy RPG?) where you could have Sniper Wolf vs. Fortune vs. The Fury vs. Laughing Octopus vs etc. would be mindblowing.

A few of us on the MGS board have pitched similar ideas.  They don't have to be retail titles but could be put on the PSN.  Titles that make use of the different eras and all the characters and locations.  If you've played MGS4 and the fight with Ocelot, I would love to see a fighter built around what was started there.  Have all the different characters so you could have Big Boss fighting Vamp, or Otacon fighting Drebin and so on. 

They could do the same with MGO.  They need to do a standalone title (with all they've learned from the 1st 2 outings) that covers the entire franchise so you could use the series characters if you wanted or customize your own character to look like a Genome Soldier, Tengu Soldier, Gurlukovich Mercenary, etc..

I've pitched an RTS idea as well following the same guidelines.  All the different factions (Genome Soldiers, MSF, Outer Heaven, FOXHOUND, etc.) but the main characters (Solid, Liquid, Big Boss, Boss, Ocelot, Psycho Mantis, Raven, Fortune, Fatman, etc.) are 'Hero' characters and if you were to get entire 'squads' on the field (like FOXHOUND, Dead Cell or Cobra Unit), they'd have an army wide bonus for all your troops.  You'd manage your own base, research and build your own MG, and so on.

Smiley Indifferent

Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 24 (101 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1494 posts

Aug 30, 2012
this is not metal gear forum
go ofrf !
Message 15 of 24 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Aug 30, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

harms64 wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

A few of us on the MGS board have pitched similar ideas.  They don't have to be retail titles but could be put on the PSN.  Titles that make use of the different eras and all the characters and locations.  If you've played MGS4 and the fight with Ocelot, I would love to see a fighter built around what was started there.  Have all the different characters so you could have Big Boss fighting Vamp, or Otacon fighting Drebin and so on. 

They could do the same with MGO.  They need to do a standalone title (with all they've learned from the 1st 2 outings) that covers the entire franchise so you could use the series characters if you wanted or customize your own character to look like a Genome Soldier, Tengu Soldier, Gurlukovich Mercenary, etc..

I've pitched an RTS idea as well following the same guidelines.  All the different factions (Genome Soldiers, MSF, Outer Heaven, FOXHOUND, etc.) but the main characters (Solid, Liquid, Big Boss, Boss, Ocelot, Psycho Mantis, Raven, Fortune, Fatman, etc.) are 'Hero' characters and if you were to get entire 'squads' on the field (like FOXHOUND, Dead Cell or Cobra Unit), they'd have an army wide bonus for all your troops.  You'd manage your own base, research and build your own MG, and so on.

Smiley Indifferent

Smiley Very Happy

Wow I think I've just had a brain aneurysm (in a good way), and I absolutely love that RTS idea. Sounds like I need to get on over to the MGS boards as well.

Also, back on topic somewhat, did that Eric Laden tweet mention that David Hayter was doing motion capture as well as voicework? Someone said that the other day, but I thought only voicework was mentioned.

Message 16 of 24 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Aug 30, 2012
Im excited to see the new MGS!...

Snake/Big Boss still have a good chance now Smiley Happy
 photo IsaacSig_zps95a635ae.png
Message 17 of 24 (81 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Aug 30, 2012

Hideo Kojima just needs to shut up, and take my money.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 18 of 24 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42139 posts

Aug 30, 2012

blondewolf41196 wrote:

With the last 2 mainline games (including Ground Zeroes) being focused on Big Boss, I'd say his chances are greater right now.  A solid close and mid-range fighter.  Since Raiden has a parry move, maybe Big Boss could have something similar via CQC where he can block-parry-stun an opponent if they get in close to attack (close range ranged attacks exempt from this)?

Message 19 of 24 (67 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Aug 30, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

blondewolf41196 wrote:

With the last 2 mainline games (including Ground Zeroes) being focused on Big Boss, I'd say his chances are greater right now.  A solid close and mid-range fighter.  Since Raiden has a parry move, maybe Big Boss could have something similar via CQC where he can block-parry-stun an opponent if they get in close to attack (close range ranged attacks exempt from this)?

If Big Boss gets in and uses CQC for parries and such I might cry alittle bit..

Mgs3 was an amazing game..

photo IsaacSig_zps95a635ae.png
Message 20 of 24 (59 Views)