Monster Hunter
42 posts

Re: New JaK and Daxter Combo Video (new combos and KC's)

Feb 4, 2013

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Keep in mid he performed most of everybodies already found combo's. Ive seen a couple of mines in there. He had a mixture of new and already found ones.

This video should have had the names listed under the combo's though :/

I think I only did one of "your" combos. The 145ap one all the rest you did most Jak players knew about. Idk im not someone who claims combos as my own but if it makes everyone happy I can post a link to dark erazors jak thread on all star arena. Even though some combos on there are from the trials and some people have claimed them as their own.

Message 11 of 24 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Feb 4, 2013

There is absolutely 0 reason to claim combos as your own. They are shared videogame knowledge and will eventually be widely adopted if they're good enough. They're in the game from the start, and you have no basis to claim them.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 12 of 24 (92 Views)
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Dude5059 wrote:

There is absolutely 0 reason to claim combos as your own. They are shared videogame knowledge and will eventually be widely adopted if they're good enough. They're in the game from the start, and you have no basis to claim them.

this is exactly how I feel Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 24 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Dude5059 wrote:

You are a very bias irrational closeminded person. I honestly think you love starting conflict. Noone is claiming combos as THERES. People have FOUNDED combos not own them. Theres a difference. Every combo outside of the games tutorial will be new to people who found them.

Also keep in mind about that Jak Archive Smiley Happy 

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 14 of 24 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Reaper142 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Keep in mid he performed most of everybodies already found combo's. Ive seen a couple of mines in there. He had a mixture of new and already found ones.

This video should have had the names listed under the combo's though :/

I think I only did one of "your" combos. The 145ap one all the rest you did most Jak players knew about. Idk im not someone who claims combos as my own but if it makes everyone happy I can post a link to dark erazors jak thread on all star arena. Even though some combos on there are from the trials and some people have claimed them as their own.

Not quite. You actually did 3 of mines. The rest other players knew about. Overall though many Jak mains do not know these combos. 

Only time will tell.
Message 15 of 24 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Blue just leave it as "The combos I use" instead of using the word "Mine" because that's what's giving people the impression that you're claiming the combos to be yours, just gotta change your wording a bit bro.

Message 16 of 24 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Feb 4, 2013

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Dude5059 wrote:

You are a very bias irrational closeminded person. I honestly think you love starting conflict. Noone is claiming combos as THERES. People have FOUNDED combos not own them. Theres a difference. Every combo outside of the games tutorial will be new to people who found them.

Oh I'd love to hear your reasoning for this. Isn't saying "You used 3 of MY combos" claiming them as your own? Isn't asking for credit, in a sense, claiming them as your own? Sure people find new combos, but in fighting games those combos are distributed across. Making a combo video that included a combo is showing people that combo. Who gives a crap if you weren't the first to find the combo? If people see the combo, they are going to or already have tried it. I find crediting people for finding combos more or less useless, because there's a chance other people have already found that combo unassisted. Just because this guy has similar combos as yours does not mean that he stole them straight from your video. Finding something in a game gives you no entitlement over that "discovery", as it more or less belongs straight to the devs, who may have made that same combo themselves.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 17 of 24 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Dude5059 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Dude5059 wrote:

Oh I'd love to hear your reasoning for this. Isn't saying "You used 3 of MY combos" claiming them as your own? Isn't asking for credit, in a sense, claiming them as your own? Sure people find new combos, but in fighting games those combos are distributed across. Making a combo video that included a combo is showing people that combo. Who gives a crap if you weren't the first to find the combo? If people see the combo, they are going to or already have tried it. I find crediting people for finding combos more or less useless, because there's a chance other people have already found that combo unassisted. Just because this guy has similar combos as yours does not mean that he stole them straight from your video. Finding something in a game gives you no entitlement over that "discovery", as it more or less belongs straight to the devs, who may have made that same combo themselves.

Ill just reply with a simple k.

Only time will tell.
Message 18 of 24 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

ThatOneGuy39 wrote:

Blue just leave it as "The combos I use" instead of using the word "Mine" because that's what's giving people the impression that you're claiming the combos to be yours, just gotta change your wording a bit bro.

By this logic and Dude's logic I guess a combo will never truly belong to a person at all, because there are millions of people out there who don't have recording devices and even so noone will ever know if a person was the first to find stuff.

This means there can be no true founders and that noone can claim anything as theres.

Hmm? In this case I guess this logic is rational because its true but then again there is always one person who was the first to find something but it just can't be proven. This world is unfair.

Theres one way to balance this out. Anyone who finds a combo that hasn't been seen should get credit as being the publisher or uploader of/for it. For example. With my new HC video coming out. I will be known as the publisher/uploader of the HC.

Smiley Happy Ok well um kudos to Reaper for not claiming any of these combos as his, but cmon man Reaper used Jak quotes from the games like I did along with a OST from the games :/ Inspiration??

Only time will tell.
Message 19 of 24 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Yeah that is very true but ya know every bit of tech ends up going to the public eventually, I have some tech with Big Daddy that most people don't know of yet but I'm not going to claim it to be mine because I know someone else out there has found it too and it's only a matter of time before it goes public.
Message 20 of 24 (56 Views)
0 Likes