Jan 04 2013
By: Go_Buddie_Go Hekseville Citizen 373 posts

New Items? [EDITED]

[ Edited ]
11 replies 624 views Edited Jan 5, 2013

Playstation All-Stars has a plethora of items at the players disposal during matches. We've been treated with a new item recently due to the patch, the "Medusa Head" in which, upon use turns any foe into stone stopping them in their tracks for a few seconds giving the player amptle opportunity to gain a free kill, or more.

Now, how about new items that could be released along side future DLC, or within patches?

Here are a few ideas I have...

Item          :       Game

Eve Hypo:  Bioshock
Okay so anybody familiar with the world of Bioshock knows of, Eve Hypo, the item that allows the usage of Plasmids.
Now for Playstation All-Stars, what purpose could this possibly have in All-Stars? This item could be used to gain a great amount of AP. About maybe 50 AP points, but due to the high AP gain it has to come at a cost, the character jams the syringe into their arm and once the item is used, your player goes into a bit of shock and is stunned for few a seconds, and is a rare drop. It's a purple item drop, like the Scythe, and the Medusa Head.

Well someone proposed an interesting idea, what if the Eve Hypo turned you invincible for ten seconds.

Now it's just an idea, there is a lot of variables to this item, you could get killed, grabbed right after using it, but like I said it's a high risk item. I've seen, and have personally been jipped out of the Medusa head even though I grabbed it first, or someone hits me when I try to use it, and the item vanishes.

Eve
Eve Hypo

Paintinator      Little Big Planet

Remember this item during the Metal Gear Solid update on LBP?

The item is used to press buttons to far, or just out of reach, and of course to color your friends with paint.

In this game the item, upon use, shoots little paint balls and when they hit an opponent they begin to slowly lose AP for 5 seconds. The item can maybe shoot 15 paintballs, or 10, it has the ability to stop attacks, and even Level 1 supers.

I know people have suggested this item before, so before I get called out on it, this was not MY idea.
Paint

Magic Potion     Fat Princess

In Fat Princess the Mage class can use an item known as the Magic Potion, the item is thrown at foes, and once it hits it turns them into chickens. Now I don't remember entirely but I believe it even turned your allies into chickens if they were close enough to the blast?

In All-Stars when you throw the item and it hits your opponent they turn into a chicken for 10 seconds?

Again this wasn't my idea, just reposting it with an image.
Potion

Message 1 of 12 (624 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Re: New Items?

Jan 4, 2013
Fat Princess Magic Potion. Exact same use, could be another kill weapon.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 2 of 12 (598 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Sounds really cool but I'm not sure how SB would feel about this since it is basically a drug. Imagine spike and toro using it lol

Message 3 of 12 (597 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
546 posts

Jan 4, 2013
I would much rather have the magic potion. It would fit in really well. For those that don't know, the magic potion from Fat Princess is a throw-able item that explodes on impact, turning the contacted enemies into helpless chickens. It would be a great killing item.
Why did the chicken cross the road?
We're both lawyers.
Message 4 of 12 (563 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Hello, umm just an FYI there already is a thread that is vary similar to this one http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/New-items-for-DLC/td-p/39195341/...  ...But i am glad you made this thread becuase your hypo idea gave me another ideaSmiley Happy What if the security bot was an item (From BioShock)...your character would pick up the security bot and toss it into the air...the Bot would fly around shooting the other players knocking AP out of them...the bullets the security bot fires would be like dante bullets they won't be able to interrupt the players actions in anyway...Bot would stay out for like 15-20 seconds unless the Bot is destroyed by another player...The Bot would be evasive of the other players and would take 3-4 hits to destroy...what do you guys think?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 12 (525 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7447 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Bryyo wrote:
I would much rather have the magic potion. It would fit in really well. For those that don't know, the magic potion from Fat Princess is a throw-able item that explodes on impact, turning the contacted enemies into helpless chickens. It would be a great killing item.

It could also have a catch! Too close to the explosion? Thrower get's chicken-fied too!

NNID&PSN: SuperPiposaru 3DS FC: 0920-1213-3452

SuperPiposaru.png

Message 6 of 12 (509 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Why would an eve hypo stun you when it gives power (plasmid use) in bioshock?
Message 7 of 12 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Jan 4, 2013

DosTheGHOST24 wrote:
Why would an eve hypo stun you when it gives power (plasmid use) in bioshock?

Just wanted some kind of penalty for the use of the item. Lol. Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 12 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Jan 4, 2013
What About an item that gives you 1 life
only available during stock 8D
DmC Golden Orb
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 12 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Why not just have the hypo item make you invincible for about ten seconds?
Message 10 of 12 (327 Views)
0 Likes