Feb 21 2013
By: AzurewrathXI Lombax Warrior 151 posts

New Game Mode Idea

[ Edited ]
6 replies 147 views Edited Feb 21, 2013

I'm not some silly noob who played the game twice and thinks there's flaws, I'm 120 or so black belt in 2v2, and this games main timed battle is stupid

Where's the punishment for dying? Where's the risk in going for a level 3? Where's the risk in blocking when you have low AP? TThere is none, the closest thing to a risk is you might not get your level 3 in time before the 3 minutes ends, and with some stupid AP gain like Kratos, that's pretty tough not to, even if you're getting your **bleep** whooped you'll probably still get a level 3.

What they need is to make a game mode where when you die, you lose exactly one bar of super. If you're half way to level 1, you lose it all, if you're at level 2, you're reduced to a level 1, if you're 1 hit from a level 3, youll be 1 hit from a level 2. 

This would add more risk the higher super you go for, and it'd help get rid of the boring games where everyone gets a level 3 and whoever has the best one wins. 

You'd be best off to use a level 1 as you got it, it'd also make confirms less annoying, because the person with the super would want to attempt a kill ASAP, and might not want to risk dancing around waiting for that confirm hit, cause if he dies trying to get the confirm, he'll lose all his work. 

But it'd add depth to the game, at the same time it'd also be strategic to save your level 1, let the enemy gain AP, then take them out to rid them of their AP. But if you don't take them out, they might take you out first and screw you over.

Right now, timed seems to just be beat on the weakest enemy, use your super on the weakest enemy, or just get a level 3 and avoid having to risk using your brain for kills, just kill people as much as you can, the only strategy is your own character, but I feel my idea would add strategy to not only the specific characters, but to the flow of the actual match, cause right now there's simply not enough punishment for dying when you're going for a level 3. If you die going for it once or twice, it's all good, cause once you get it youll probably get a 4-5 kill payoff anyways.

Message 1 of 7 (147 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Re: New Game Mode Idea

Feb 21, 2013

just sounds like it would become all lvl 1 confirms and everyone would choose raiden because he's easy mode.

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 2 of 7 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Feb 21, 2013

How so? You'd be punished looking for openings to use confirms, cause if you died you'd lose it all, youd be best off to use a level one right as you got it to avoid the risk of losing it. It is in no way any worse for confirms than it is now, there's absolutely nothing about what I wrote that would make players confirm more than they do now.

All it'd do is stop people with OP level 3s from ruining matches 

Message 3 of 7 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Feb 22, 2013

I'm more confused as to how you think a timed match = everyone goes for level 3. That is exactly what happens in stock since you have unlimited time.

What do you mean what's the risk in dying in timed? You lose points. What do you mean theres no risk in going for your level 3? You might not make it. In stock, if you have lives, you have all the time in the world to get your level 3. You can even just run away from everyone, and then 1v1 the last person alive. Winning with 3 lives is the same as winning with 1 life. Winning with 9 kills is the same as winning with 1. Stock sucks (IMHO).

That said, this idea isn't bad. I'm not sure how many people will be up for it, but variety can't hurt. I don't like stock so I don't play it.

Message 4 of 7 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Feb 22, 2013
The risk for dieing in timed is losing points. The risk dieing in kill limit is the enemy gains a point, then they win. In stock, you lose lives.

As for going for high supers, it turns you into a target. Making people want to kill you.
If u have a mic and would like to fight with or against me, add me!
Message 5 of 7 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Feb 22, 2013

xxZ3rO_CaL_PwNxx wrote:
The risk for dieing in timed is losing points. The risk dieing in kill limit is the enemy gains a point, then they win. In stock, you lose lives.

As for going for high supers, it turns you into a target. Making people want to kill you.

Stock is the only game mode where it is beneficial to turtle and avoid people. If you can survive to fight 1v1, and you have a character that is good at 1v1, you have a higher chance of winning than you do if you are always fighting, and always subjecting yourself to supers.

Sorry lol I am firmly against stock. I know people do like it, it's just not for me. Have fun playing whatever game mode you guys like

Message 6 of 7 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
25 posts

Feb 22, 2013

The only new game mode i can think of is a Story Mode.

Message 7 of 7 (60 Views)
0 Likes