Fender Bender
3500 posts

Re: New Forums.

Jul 3, 2012

I hate these new forums just like i hate Final Fantasy! Feel free to hate.

IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Message 11 of 19 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Jul 3, 2012

animeprophet wrote:
That cough sounds bad, you should get that checked out. Does this help with the sig?

Haha yeah. There should be some sort of dividing line there to begin with that the forums provide so the newcomers don't get confused.

Message 12 of 19 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3671 posts

Jul 3, 2012

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

Comic Sans lol. 

Sorry xD But yeah I read that the forums had a similar way earlier, but I really prefered the version before (that's just my opinion). I'll recreate the eventually, when I feel like rewriting paragraphs and paragraphs ( the original posts were paragraphs of detail ). 

Whaaa whaat?  lmao I've been using comic sans since the beginning of time since I just despise Arial.

Yea I understand, we all enjoy what we are accustomed to, but seriously this is better.    And true, rewriting paragraphs and paragraphs isn't quite the thrill... been there, done that...  Good luck tho! 

PhotobucketPhotobucket
~ Long Live the Underground ~ PSU: Eric1018 ~
Message 13 of 19 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Jul 3, 2012
I think that deserves a Kudos ;D
Message 14 of 19 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Jul 3, 2012
Thank you for the response. dont get us wrong, im sure we can eventually get used to it, we just preferred the old version was all. if you say you are working on changing the aesthetics later, then i suppose i cant complain.

Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 19 (339 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1197 posts

Jul 3, 2012

Postives

- you can go to the last post rather then having to start at the begining each and every time

- easyer to tell what threads have new content in it

negative

-post got deleted

special note:

when you quote someone make sure to hit the quote icon tool in the toolbar above or who you are quoting will not show up

Photobucket
Message 16 of 19 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Jul 3, 2012

ILOVEPLASTATION3 wrote:

You all are new so I guess you aren't really used to these forums, but we had a similar one before the Jive turkey one.  Honestly, I'm glad for this one to be back, and before likes, we did have Kudos, actually for a few years before the transition to Jive.

Despite the issues many are having, you'll discover this forum is much more practical to use.   In addition, Sony tech or Lithium tech (whoever is updating the forum) is concurrently updating the forum, but primarily removing bugs first before changing the aesthetics of the site.

Please just have patience and you'll soon realize how much better this forum is over Jive.  And as for posts being deleted, sorry to hear that, but if you are a great poster here, then you'll be sure to reach your past post count and create better topics for the rest of us to join in on.

Ah the good ol days, and I remember how the transition back then actually made the community turn into a ghost town. I think the aspect of change is never enjoyed all that much. Certain things stop being annoying quite quickly. However I do miss the functionality of a simple reply towards a person without the need to always quote. Now you don't know who anyone is talking to (they can't seem to quote anyone.)

And the kudo system, I used to love it, but now i see it's a tad conceited in regards to what we just had. I used to enjoy seeing how many kudos I'd get. But I actually rather see who posts the most. Maybe it'll come back, I'm still getting used to the site again for the 3rd-ish time I guess.

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 17 of 19 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Jul 3, 2012
This is no bueno
Message 18 of 19 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3671 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2012

Chaosdreams wrote:

ILOVEPLASTATION3 wrote:

You all are new so I guess you aren't really used to these forums, but we had a similar one before the Jive turkey one.  Honestly, I'm glad for this one to be back, and before likes, we did have Kudos, actually for a few years before the transition to Jive.

Despite the issues many are having, you'll discover this forum is much more practical to use.   In addition, Sony tech or Lithium tech (whoever is updating the forum) is concurrently updating the forum, but primarily removing bugs first before changing the aesthetics of the site.

Please just have patience and you'll soon realize how much better this forum is over Jive.  And as for posts being deleted, sorry to hear that, but if you are a great poster here, then you'll be sure to reach your past post count and create better topics for the rest of us to join in on.

Ah the good ol days, and I remember how the transition back then actually made the community turn into a ghost town. I think the aspect of change is never enjoyed all that much. Certain things stop being annoying quite quickly. However I do miss the functionality of a simple reply towards a person without the need to always quote. Now you don't know who anyone is talking to (they can't seem to quote anyone.)

And the kudo system, I used to love it, but now i see it's a tad conceited in regards to what we just had. I used to enjoy seeing how many kudos I'd get. But I actually rather see who posts the most. Maybe it'll come back, I'm still getting used to the site again for the 3rd-ish time I guess.

Yea the quoting issue is annoying unless you actually do click "Quote" and thus see who you are speaking to.  Yet, there was a time on the Lithium forums that it did mention who you directed your unquoted reply to, so that could be easily fixed.

And as for Kudos, there was a time when I did enjoy it... when only users who had a certain amount of posts or so could kudo, thus appearing more meaningful rather than a, how may I say,n00b, kudoing someone.  That's just my thought and I think its a palpable idea.  That being said, I'm sure these little snags in the forums will be resolved in some way or another in due time, but like I said, first things first.

I just hope yall don't leave over this transition!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
~ Long Live the Underground ~ PSU: Eric1018 ~
Message 19 of 19 (320 Views)
0 Likes