Jul 03 2012
By: SON_OF_KRATOS666 Uncharted Territory 1704 posts

New Forums.

18 replies 283 views Edited Jul 3, 2012

Soo....am i the only one who hates this new format? Granted i didnt liek the poorly placed picture in the back of the old one, but still... they should do what most sites do and let you choose a white or black format.  I dont like the placement of the threads too much, but i can get over that if they allow a colour change between black and white.

What are your thoughts on the new forum? 

Message 1 of 19 (283 Views)
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Re: New Forums.

Jul 3, 2012

Honestly, I hate it. It deleted my Stage Creation Thread, my Soundtrack Thread, and my Zombie Survival Thread. Did you see how much detail I had in those? Yes it did warn us of data loss but I was not expecting anything that for back. It also demoted me from a Sackboy.. But other than that. It's ugly, unorganized, and a lot more complicated than needed. The older forums were a hell lot better. I want to change my icon but it won't let me change that. Not to mention every single forum looks the same now. I miss the older version Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 19 (278 Views)
Fender Bender
4536 posts

Jul 3, 2012

not to be racist or anything....but it's "Too Black" Smiley Tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 19 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Jul 3, 2012

So far I haven't had to much trouble with the new layout but in the thread about what stages we would like to see my second post ended up right behind my third post which made no sense. Don't really see the problem with the black background but hey to each there own.

-Signature-
"You know the carnival comes and goes. If you wait for a while, it'll always comes back to you..."
Message 4 of 19 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Jul 3, 2012

Another problem is you can't tell who is replying to who, you can't tell what the hell is somebody's signature or part of the post -cough cough animeprophet-. The whole Kudos thing is a little rediculous too, I prefered just normal likes.

Message 5 of 19 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3671 posts

Jul 3, 2012

You all are new so I guess you aren't really used to these forums, but we had a similar one before the Jive turkey one.  Honestly, I'm glad for this one to be back, and before likes, we did have Kudos, actually for a few years before the transition to Jive.

Despite the issues many are having, you'll discover this forum is much more practical to use.   In addition, Sony tech or Lithium tech (whoever is updating the forum) is concurrently updating the forum, but primarily removing bugs first before changing the aesthetics of the site.

Please just have patience and you'll soon realize how much better this forum is over Jive.  And as for posts being deleted, sorry to hear that, but if you are a great poster here, then you'll be sure to reach your past post count and create better topics for the rest of us to join in on.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
~ Long Live the Underground ~ PSU: Eric1018 ~
Message 6 of 19 (266 Views)
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Jul 3, 2012

Comic Sans lol. 

Sorry xD But yeah I read that the forums had a similar way earlier, but I really prefered the version before (that's just my opinion). I'll recreate the eventually, when I feel like rewriting paragraphs and paragraphs ( the original posts were paragraphs of detail ). 

Message 7 of 19 (262 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
930 posts

Jul 3, 2012

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

Comic Sans lol. 

HA! For some reason that made me bust out laughing.

But, i have stated im not a HUGE fan of it but im sure we will get use to it and then it will change again and then we will rage. lol

Photobucket
Message 8 of 19 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Jul 3, 2012

I think the part of the forums that got it the worst was Twisted Metal, they had a pretty cool look going on.

Message 9 of 19 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Jul 3, 2012
That cough sounds bad, you should get that checked out. Does this help with the sig?
-Signature-
"You know the carnival comes and goes. If you wait for a while, it'll always comes back to you..."
Message 10 of 19 (254 Views)
0 Likes