Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Re: New Dante excitement!?!?

Oct 12, 2012

I have to agree espescially on the Capcom not being smart statement. Anyways if I posted the list of why ppl TRULY hate him, then I bet even you would look at Dino the wrong way. I wish I could find it but it had over 10 reasons why he's not as good. I believe one of them was the Ninja Theory dev always puts himself in his games, so he put his face on Dante in the beginning. I believe it was something like that. I'll try to find it.

You mean the previous to before they completely changed the character facial model from the first beta, and that 'top 10' video which was just plain ridiculous? I've seen it. Still doesn't change the fact the guy was an entitled moron.

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 63 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Oct 12, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Like holy crap, we wanna talk about common sense?

Capcom hasn't made the best decisions as of late, that much is crystal clear. I liked RE6 though, and judging by the sales of it being their best sold game EVER, they're starting to change.

Ninja Theory gave us two of the best cinematic, artistic games of this console generation; Heavenly Sword, and Enslaved. Reviews didn't favor it, but who cares about what reviewers think? Their job is to nitpick and score based on their own opinion. Dante (Not Dino, if we're gonna call him Dino then I'll have stupid names for the entire cast as well. Just call him Dante because that's his name in DmC.) hasn't changed; he's simply in a different stereotype.

Of course, in an argument like this, you're going to say I'm dumb for enjoying what a thoughtful company who cares provides instead of Capcom who wrings out as much cash as they can from projects before killing them. I mean who knows, what if Ninja Theory's DMC is exactly what the franchise needs? DMC4 was made like 6 years ago, after all.

why are you jumping to conclusions, i was never going to call you dumb, but you are getting **bleep**, your calling me retarded , and ninja theory is a little overated, heavenly sword was actually good, but ive played a few games just like enslaved but way better, and many agree.

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 63 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Oct 12, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

VinylSolution wrote:

Don't go saying that New Dante's any better than Old Dante. They're different people, for f*ck's sake. I find New Dante to be a lot better, to be honest. It's actually got me interested in DMC, while Old Dante just looked like some awful anime cliche'. Alright, DMC has passed you by. No big deal. Just don't go saying it ruined the franchise, because this series clearly isn't about you or what you like anymore. And what about DMC4? Didn't that ruin the franchise for a lot of your wonderful people?

^ this, except i played the others:smileytongue:, and yeah DMC4 was pretty bad, and most fans agree.

the thing about DMC 4 was that it felt rushed, i mean why did they need nero, dante could of had the devil trigger, and the fact that nero couldnt use styles or get different weapons contributed to it but when you got to play as dante the game got a little better, another downfall was that every where you went with dante you had already explored with nero which just made the game boring, there was no need to reboot the series and characters, i mean come on they introduce nero and dont explain who he is and what connection he has to sparda, also nero was an okay character but he didnt have that charming personality dante has.

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 63 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 12, 2012

Dante isn't exactly charming. He came off as a pervert to me.

Second, they explain that in the manga. Yeah I know, I don't like relying on manga to explain game stuff and I shouldn't be using this as a defense, but Nero is Vergil's son.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 63 (93 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1035 posts

Oct 12, 2012
hes okay
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 63 (89 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1035 posts

Oct 12, 2012
did you know her
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 63 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 12, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Like holy crap, we wanna talk about common sense?

Capcom hasn't made the best decisions as of late, that much is crystal clear. I liked RE6 though, and judging by the sales of it being their best sold game EVER, they're starting to change.

Ninja Theory gave us two of the best cinematic, artistic games of this console generation; Heavenly Sword, and Enslaved. Reviews didn't favor it, but who cares about what reviewers think? Their job is to nitpick and score based on their own opinion. Dante (Not Dino, if we're gonna call him Dino then I'll have stupid names for the entire cast as well. Just call him Dante because that's his name in DmC.) hasn't changed; he's simply in a different stereotype.

Of course, in an argument like this, you're going to say I'm dumb for enjoying what a thoughtful company who cares provides instead of Capcom who wrings out as much cash as they can from projects before killing them. I mean who knows, what if Ninja Theory's DMC is exactly what the franchise needs? DMC4 was made like 6 years ago, after all.

im buying the new DMC day one to support new dante and ninja theory:smileyhappy:

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 63 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
756 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 12, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

I have to agree espescially on the Capcom not being smart statement. Anyways if I posted the list of why ppl TRULY hate him, then I bet even you would look at Dino the wrong way. I wish I could find it but it had over 10 reasons why he's not as good. I believe one of them was the Ninja Theory dev always puts himself in his games, so he put his face on Dante in the beginning. I believe it was something like that. I'll try to find it.

You mean the previous to before they completely changed the character facial model from the first beta, and that 'top 10' video which was just plain ridiculous? I've seen it. Still doesn't change the fact the guy was an entitled moron.

It was a list not a video, but maybe it was but I forgot. All I know is that it had red letters splattered all over it and it made me hate Dino 10x as much as I did. I'm not gonna lie DMC looks like an awesome game, and I might give it a rent if no other game is out at the time. That doesn't change the fact that I still don't like him. 

This is the reason I'll never like him

1:00 - 2:30 is all you need to see

He's so American I can't take how American he is. Ah crap I was out of my American language sorry. **bleep** I'm so **bleep** tired right now I need some **bleep** sleep. **bleep** long **bleep** in day tomorrow.

Edit: profanity removed

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 63 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 12, 2012

ScreamKing09 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

VinylSolution wrote:

Don't go saying that New Dante's any better than Old Dante. They're different people, for f*ck's sake. I find New Dante to be a lot better, to be honest. It's actually got me interested in DMC, while Old Dante just looked like some awful anime cliche'. Alright, DMC has passed you by. No big deal. Just don't go saying it ruined the franchise, because this series clearly isn't about you or what you like anymore. And what about DMC4? Didn't that ruin the franchise for a lot of your wonderful people?

^ this, except i played the others:smileytongue:, and yeah DMC4 was pretty bad, and most fans agree.

the thing about DMC 4 was that it felt rushed, i mean why did they need nero, dante could of had the devil trigger, and the fact that nero couldnt use styles or get different weapons contributed to it but when you got to play as dante the game got a little better, another downfall was that every where you went with dante you had already explored with nero which just made the game boring, there was no need to reboot the series and characters, i mean come on they introduce nero and dont explain who he is and what connection he has to sparda, also nero was an okay character but he didnt have that charming personality dante has.

eh if you wanna be honest, the whole story of the past DMC games were rushed and filled with plot holes :/ the stories themselves werent that good.

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 63 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 12, 2012

yooobooyj wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

It was a list not a video, but maybe it was but I forgot. All I know is that it had red letters splattered all over it and it made me hate Dino 10x as much as I did. I'm not gonna lie DMC looks like an awesome game, and I might give it a rent if no other game is out at the time. That doesn't change the fact that I still don't like him. 

This is the reason I'll never like him

1:00 - 2:30 is all you need to see

He's so American I can't take how American he is. Ah crap I was out of my American language sorry. **bleep** I'm so **bleep** tired right now I need some **bleep** sleep. **bleep** long **bleep** in day tomorrow.

wow xD that scene was pretty cool:smileytongue: not even joking, really enjoying that voice acting (needs  a tad bit of a stitch up but besides that i really like it, it reminds me of something.... "dante the demon killer, has a nice ring to it" hmm what does it remind me of xD anyways that video made me more hyped up and glad they are doing a reboot even more:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 63 (69 Views)
0 Likes