Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3150 posts

Re: New Dante excitement!?!?

Oct 12, 2012
Maybe Dante's rude and curses because of his past? Being hated by everyone for being different? Not everybody reacts by crying. :3
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 63 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 12, 2012

yooobooyj wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

ScreamKing09 wrote:

gameplay isnt the same, 30fps, no skill needed to pull off combos, weapon cool downs, etc.....

DANTE a nice anime type character that just seems to be a cool guy to hang around, hardly ever cursed, had respect for others

DINO a brat that curses all the time, flips people off all the time, hardly has respect for others

NOT THE SAME CHARACTER, NOT THE SAME GAME

Okay, hold on.

First off, the problem there is they're both Dante. Don't be the retarded DMC fanboy. The transition from Japanese to American simply meant that some attributes of his personality had to be changed.

Dante has always been an arse. Don't believe me? Look at DMC1. Insults almost all of his enemies. Snarky comments left and right.

Just because one curses and one doesn't doesn't mean their entire attitude changes. Capcom's Dante had respect for certain people; SO DOES NINJA THEORY'S. His relationship with Kat, and his willing to put his life in jeopardy for others proves that he still cares.

Second; 30 FPS. It doesn't make a difference; its being made on the Unreal Engine, which on computers can be modified. It also doesn't matter since 80% of people playing this won't have any idea how to play anyways. And that 'fights don't need skill'? That video where the guy did an easy kill on a boss was an early beta video that in no way reflected the final content of the actual game. Not to mention; the early DMC games were pretty easy too. Except DMC3, before Special Edition.

Weapon cooldowns? Awesome. Maybe now I'll have to think before switching weapons. Adds another element of strategy, and thought.

Sorry but I don't see every American game character to smoke, flip ppl off, and curse every second. Dante was cool for just doing flashy things and being funny as heck. I can't laugh at a guy that says f*** you to everyone. Let me remind you of the dialogue of on the boss fights.

Dino: F*** U

Boss: F*** U

Dino: F*** U

Boss: NO F*** UUUU

DANTE WOULD NOT DO THAT. I didn't laugh one bit when I saw that, actually I was more scratching my head saying "maybe the script was mixed up or something, this can't be right." 

Dante was made from Capcom to show ppl that they can be cool without smoking (they had to change this), drinking, or having to curse every second. Dino shows that it's cool to flick ppl off, say f*** you in every sentence, and disreepect everyone. Dante may have disrespected ppl in the past but it was more funny, not punching the bouncer of a club out, taking his clipboard and writing "f*** you," on it. 

I don't care if Dino is on this game, I'll never respect or learn to like him.

EDIT: Also I don't call him Dante or relate him to that, I call him Dino and make sure he's all new to my eyes. 

SOMEONE WITH COMMON SENSE

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 63 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 12, 2012

Capcom specifically requested Ninja Theory to make a character that contrasted in the way he acts out but still keeps the initial personality.

THEY NAILED IT PRETTY WELL.

At this point the only explanation people can have is "I just don't like it." That's fine. But don't say it 'ruined the franchise' or 'they made him a horrible character'.

Because if they made him a horrible character, then the original was just as bad.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 63 (130 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Oct 12, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Capcom specifically requested Ninja Theory to make a character that contrasted in the way he acts out but still keeps the initial personality.

At this point the only explanation people can have is "I just don't like it." That's fine. But don't say it 'ruined the franchise' or 'they made him a horrible character'.

Because if they made him a horrible character, then the original was just as bad.

1-capcom isnt exactly the smartest company anymore

2-he is a terrible character, and you cant even debate DINO being better than Dante, Dino is up there with Kratos in **bleep** characters.

3-and my explanation isnt i just dont like it, like i said me and many others by the way said hey lets wait and see give him a chnce, thoug i was the only one that liked his new appearance, ninja theory completly ruined a great character

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 63 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 12, 2012

ScreamKing09 wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

2-he is a terrible character, and you cant even debate DINO being better than Dante, Dino is up there with Kratos in **bleep** characters.

3-and my explanation isnt i just dont like it, like i said me and many others by the way said hey lets wait and see give him a chnce, thoug i was the only one that liked his new appearance, ninja theory completly ruined a great character

Don't blame this on Ninja Theory.

I have one pet peeve about this entire thing, and its never, ever, EVER, blame Ninja Theory.

The company is barely on its last legs. Capcom does the best it can to give a DYING COMPANY one of their best franchises for a while.

If anything, if you want to blame it for stupid design, blame Capcom. Ninja Theory wanted to make their own spin of the original but Capcom denied them that and forced them to change it.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 63 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3150 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 12, 2012

Don't go saying that New Dante's any better than Old Dante. They're different people, for f*ck's sake. I find New Dante to be a lot better, to be honest. It's actually got me interested in DMC, while Old Dante just looked like some awful anime cliche'. Alright, DMC has passed you by. No big deal. Just don't go saying it ruined the franchise, because this series clearly isn't about you or what you like anymore. And what about DMC4? Didn't that also ruin the franchise for a lot of your wonderful people?

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 63 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 12, 2012

VinylSolution wrote:

Don't go saying that New Dante's any better than Old Dante. They're different people, for f*ck's sake. I find New Dante to be a lot better, to be honest. It's actually got me interested in DMC, while Old Dante just looked like some awful anime cliche'. Alright, DMC has passed you by. No big deal. Just don't go saying it ruined the franchise, because this series clearly isn't about you or what you like anymore. And what about DMC4? Didn't that ruin the franchise for a lot of your wonderful people?

^ this, except i played the others:smileytongue:, and yeah DMC4 was pretty bad, and most fans agree.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 63 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 12, 2012

Like holy crap, we wanna talk about common sense?

Capcom hasn't made the best decisions as of late, that much is crystal clear. I liked RE6 though, and judging by the sales of it being their best sold game EVER, they're starting to change.

Ninja Theory gave us two of the best cinematic, artistic games of this console generation; Heavenly Sword, and Enslaved. Reviews didn't favor it, but who cares about what reviewers think? Their job is to nitpick and score based on their own opinion. Dante (Not Dino, if we're gonna call him Dino then I'll have stupid names for the entire cast as well. Just call him Dante because that's his name in DmC.) hasn't changed; he's simply in a different stereotype.

Of course, in an argument like this, you're going to say I'm dumb for enjoying what a thoughtful company who cares provides instead of Capcom who wrings out as much cash as they can from projects before killing them. I mean who knows, what if Ninja Theory's DMC is exactly what the franchise needs? DMC4 was made like 6 years ago, after all.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 63 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
756 posts

Oct 12, 2012

ScreamKing09 wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

I have to agree espescially on the Capcom not being smart statement. Anyways if I posted the list of why ppl TRULY hate him, then I bet even you would look at Dino the wrong way. I wish I could find it but it had over 10 reasons why he's not as good. I believe one of them was the Ninja Theory dev always puts himself in his games, so he put his face on Dante in the beginning. I believe it was something like that. I'll try to find it.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 63 (99 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Oct 12, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

ScreamKing09 wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

Don't blame this on Ninja Theory.

I have one pet peeve about this entire thing, and its never, ever, EVER, blame Ninja Theory.

The company is barely on its last legs. Capcom does the best it can to give a DYING COMPANY one of their best franchises for a while.

If anything, if you want to blame it for stupid design, blame Capcom. Ninja Theory wanted to make their own spin of the original but Capcom denied them that and forced them to change it.

i dont blame ninja theory, but they put their selves out there, for a company that only has 2 games going on 3, and only one is good heavenly sword and yes i played HS and Enslaved and i went in positive for bth games, ninja theory talks a lot of **bleep**, just look at the interviews with tameem.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 63 (97 Views)
0 Likes